It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia to sign new agreement with China

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Australia to sign new agreement with China

www.perthnow.com.au

"Today, Australia's total trade with China exceeds $105 billion, making it the first nation with whom our two-way trade has gone past the $100 billion mark," he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Federal Infrastructure Minister Anthony Albanese said the agreement, which will be signed by himself and China's commerce minister Chen Deming at Parliament House on Tuesday, is aimed at creating jobs, tapping into economic opportunities and delivering better infrastructure.

Creating better jobs for who the Chinese people? What do you Australian ATSers think about this?

First Americans coming by the dozens and now the Chinese are gonna be building on your soil. Sorry to say looks like America number 2.

www.perthnow.com.au (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Damn, well the Chinese have been in Australia for as long as any European.

Good luck to them.

As long as we don't let any more US citizens in.....things will be great.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

Good luck to them.

good luck. I see them sending 10,000 by the end of the year.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingJod

good luck. I see them sending 10,000 by the end of the year.

I don't think we have 10,000 Janitor positions available.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I think it is cool. An increase in relationship with China is a good thing.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
As long as all we sell them is the stuff under the ground, not the ground that its under.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by triune

China buys iron ore from Australia especially so during the build up to the 2008 Beijing Olympics. As a nation on the upswing they would need lots of iron and steel for building ships, bridges, tanks and etc. Trading partnership is a good thing to foster lasting relationships.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by slanteye

You honestly believe that the current Gov't in Communist China will be the same Gov't in 10 years? 20?
I do not.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

I agree completely, and then when the Americans misbehave (and they will) we will be able to ask our Chinese brothers for some assistance in removing them.
Keeping good trade relations with China is important me thinks.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC

I agree completely, and then when the Americans misbehave (and they will) we will be able to ask our Chinese brothers for some assistance in removing them.

Maybe they should rethink about sending those 10,000 marines to Australia now?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
With the physical proximity in terms of the global market, I not sure this was choice, so much as a necessity. I have to chuckle at the poster saying they should not send Americans to AUS now, correct me if I am wrong, is the US not a HUGE trading "partner" with China, they send their jobs and cash to chins, and China sends back cheap, inexpensive junk, toys and electronics?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

china and the US is like a disgruntled relationship. They work together to survive but they take pot shot against each other consistently. Sounds like my relationship XD

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

Actualy, there was a news story last week regarding this. For the first time Australia has relaxed it's working visa status for Americans, they are actually promoting Australia to Americans because we have a lack of skilled workers here. With a poulation of 20 odd million we need all the help we can get!

Come and join the party! Australia is bloody great!! Yes I know your canadian........but still come over, the water is warmer!
edit on 9-4-2012 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2012 by CaptainBeno because: #ty wireless keyboard not helping ........arrrrgggghhhh!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
It's not janitors. It's miners. Kiss good bye your good salaries and dandy huts.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

Thats true Europeans have been here for over 400 years, but the Chinese have apparently been here over 300 years longer than that so about 700 years or longer.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

No doubt it's all cover speak for bringing Chinese labour into Australia to manage, run and man the Chinese mines in Western Australia. Create a surplus of labour which will drive down wages and reduce Australians to while coolies in their own land.

They are just repeating the American experience but with keeping business in Australia because they can't pick mines up and carry them off to China.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC

Maybe they should rethink about sending those 10,000 marines to Australia now?

Actually what we should insist on, is that the families of the American military who come here, can come too and settle within this country, that way they will think of it as home and maybe respect it and it's people more..........
AND be closer to their own families too.

hang on!.........Do they respect their own country? ?!?!

We better have the same number of Chinese military and their families can come too, just in case ....

Just so every one knows, I'd be very cool with that x

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

bs.

Good luck to them.

More like God help us..

Ridiculous comment.
It would be far more beneficial to have Americans and other Westerners migrate to Australia, then people from China, quite a few of whom will actually be government agents with other tasks in mind.

Chinese "spies" are a little documented problem in Australia. But a problem nonetheless.
Or do you think that Middle Easterner who was refused work at an Australian defence contractor was really refused work because they were from the Middle East? The intended target is someone else...and it's kinda obvious.

More deals and agreements with China, which strengthen the Chinese position, are not a good thing for Australia or it's interests. Or the future of Australia.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
When China's pet project North Korea hits AU with that ICBM/nuke, China will be right there to charge you for the clean-up.

Just kidding. Couldn't resist a little conspiracy jest.

I hope you guys don't land "upside-down" on this agreement, where they give you more than you give them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join