It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

in britain site found older than stonehenge !!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This is incredibly interesting. Massive thanks for bringing this to my attention. Currently looking around for any other articles with additional information.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
In case anyone is interested, I THINK I found it on Google Earth.

58°59'49.36"N 3°12'53.50"W

**edit**Spoke too soon as apparently Wikipedia already has an article on it. lol

Ness of Brodgar Wiki

Also of interest for people who enjoyed this thread...

Heart of Neolithic Orkney UNESCO World Heritage Site Wiki
edit on 4/9/2012 by Mad Simian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum
I'm getting ready to go to bed, or I'd look this up... Do these sites predate the Great Deluge? If so, have they found evidence of it in those areas? Curious me is interested if it reached that area and made some impact or not.

What is your estimation for the date of the "great deluge"?

My guess is that the great deluge occurred sometime between 13,000-8,000 years before present. So if those numbers are correct, then these settlements weren't there.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Another interesting find
during these interesting times. It will be nice if in time a display of how these and other EA*RTH ancient resonators work fully.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Another interesting find
during these interesting times. It will be nice if in time a display of how these and other EA*RTH ancient resonators work fully.

yes could very well be .wish i could show you guys the latest show that was aired on the 9th of april as it shows

how they built it all then done the same thing as the egyptians opted for change went to knock it all down

then building this giant temple . where 600 animals were found archeologists suggest a feast or sacrifice ..

archeology is still going on and they have only excavated 10% of the whole site..

who knows wot they mite unearth next.they say it could take 20years or more to excavate the whole site.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Wow, that is a pretty remote site, kind of the end of the world. It is a significant degree older than Stonehenge. This would also be older than Sumerian Culture if I am not mistaken.

I wonder how hard it is to navigate those seas.

What was the climate then? Apparently warmer, and possibly very windy.

booty.org.uk...

They must have been skilled shipbuilders.

I think the mark of civilization, as described by most historians is based far to much on the people willing to worship their rulers as gods, and that hardly seems a marker of an advance civilization to me.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum
Oh, that is awesome. It made me think, for some reason, of the early (norse? viking?) settlements in North America.

This is most likely what the site is - an ancient Viking settlement.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Wow, that is a pretty remote site, kind of the end of the world. It is a significant degree older than Stonehenge. This would also be older than Sumerian Culture if I am not mistaken.

I wonder how hard it is to navigate those seas.

What was the climate then? Apparently warmer, and possibly very windy.

booty.org.uk...

They must have been skilled shipbuilders.

I think the mark of civilization, as described by most historians is based far to much on the people willing to worship their rulers as gods, and that hardly seems a marker of an advance civilization to me.

that is right it seems nothing changes with these rulers.

the rulers had these special stone heads on their axes, made sure that the people obeyed through fear of the gods as these stone heads would represent their power to speak to the gods.. They would have had the people
do anything they said . then i do believe the age of stone came to an end .

the stone axe were topled and replaced with the next age ,a new religion, along came the use of metal
AXES new rulers wot is the stone axe compared to the metal one. so it seems the rulers lost some kind of influence over the people.. it is a shame that copyrights bbc etc wont let you guys watch it..

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

edit on 9-4-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Thanks for bringing this here, good thread.

I recall seeing some of this programme but though I love archaeology, was painting and didn't see it all properly.
I like that reconstructions are done, makes it all more 'real' These dwellings look similar to Skara Brae, which is near this site and was also complete with cooking ware, hearths etc.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

thanx for comment buddy. it seems the pyramids dont hold all the secrets after all.

<< 1   >>

join