It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHTF 1/3 Americans QUIT Work! Angry ends near dont hav anything to live 4 just want Benefits not Job

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
We might be nearing the dreaded

Peak Civilization

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
When one looks at the situation, level of spending and accumulation of debt, it is obvious to the most casual observer that it is not sustainable.

And yet, we keep bumping along the bottom. People in high places act as if nothing is wrong.

I don't know, seems like a matter of when, not if, but when??

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Oh yes, let's just create another division. The employed versus the unemployed.

I doubt the MAIN reason is to live of benefits, hell why NOW? Why wouldn't they "overused" the system before?

There are reasons for unemployment.
The main reason is = follow the money, and america isn't that of a good deal anymore considering how easy it is, for the super rich, to exploit every penny globally.

Frankly, when you've had a a good job in your life, made 30k+ a year, are a smart person...it sucks to go look into minimum wage job, if they are actually available. Especially when you can stick on ATS all day and complain, using all the things we bought that we never really had time to use anyway!

No seriously, the system is going down so do we want to go down with it?
80 million people? 80 million people could open up and work in farms to make enough money for everyone by giving off only 15 hours a week each. Farms can be grown inside too with the right equipment.

Stop giving your money to corporations!
Try the most you can to buy locally, because every time your spending money in a corporation, you are taking off that money from the people. This is especially true from people living off benefits!! I would rather have a population on benefits, spending their money in their locality and keeps the system rolling on, than having them living in the streets.

Don't go down with the system, we need to adapt, give corporations a boot, stop importation and spread love.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
so what are they going to be doing instead... waiting for the WORLD TO END?

I would fall into the category of underemployed. I am waiting on the world to end. I guess it would be more accurate to say I am hoping for the world to end. I got my fingers crossed that this 2012 thing works out to be a worst case scenario. The job issue is not the most significant reason for it, but it does contribute.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

All I see is more fear-mongering from yet another person who doesn't realize that 98% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Though I will say that I'd love to see a world in which we all wouldn't have to be wage slaves just to get by everyday.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by User8911

I doubt the MAIN reason is to live of benefits, hell why NOW? Why wouldn't they "overused" the system before?

There are reasons for unemployment.
The main reason is = follow the money, and america isn't that of a good deal anymore considering how easy it is, for the super rich, to exploit every penny globally.

Frankly, when you've had a a good job in your life, made 30k+ a year, are a smart person...it sucks to go look into minimum wage job, if they are actually available. Especially when you can stick on ATS all day and complain with all the things we bought that we never really had time to use anyway!
apt, give corporations a boot, stop importation and spread love.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
so 98% of all Statistics are fabricated on the spot

- including that one?

plastering such an illogical statement as a correction to reduce persons abound - how noble and correct, lol

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

You can't prove numbers that don't exist in the first place.

And even if they did, do you think that the government would be realistic on unemployment numbers? They aren't at this point.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
but for how long can already broke@ss USA support nearly 1/3 of its population (and steeply skyrocketing) who have refused to work?

A very long time if the money given would stay in the country into local hands.
You don't need 80 trillion in circulation if no one is billionaire.

I also believe that everybody HAVING to work FOURTY hours a week just to survive sounds pretty un-evolved for a society. About 15-20 hours a week sounds plenty if everyone does their job well and are where they belong.

edit on 9-4-2012 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
IF?

what about how long if things stay as they have been at least in the past decade and going?

since there haven been any significant changes except deficits and more states bankrupt...

if this is over some eclectic new sneakers,

what will the STAMPEDES & riots be like when people are thirsty, HUNGRY, STARVING and fighting over the last few loaves of bread at the food banks nationwide?

jeepers the woman who was asked WAS IT REALLY WORTH it

oh look, shortages already hitting multiple food banks for some time now..

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
The unemployment rate is only 8.3%! No government agency would ever lie to us!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

All I see is more fear-mongering from yet another person who doesn't realize that 98% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Though I will say that I'd love to see a world in which we all wouldn't have to be wage slaves just to get by everyday.

This is the truth.

Furthermore, the source cited, examiner.com, is a content farm.

In the context of the World Wide Web, a content farm (or content mill) is a company that employs large numbers of often freelance writers to generate large amounts of textual content which is specifically designed to satisfy algorithms for maximal retrieval by automated search engines. Their main goal is to generate advertising revenue through attracting reader page views[1] as first exposed in the context of social spam.[2]

From Wiki

These numbers have absolutely nothing to back them up.

False info with a bad source is my opinion.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
That is half the citizen population. The rest to fill in the statistical gap are not citizens, but imports, legal and illegal.

Plus, John Doe is working 15 full time jobs because of ID theft, and Jane Doe is unemployed 15 times, yet still has a job, because of the same corruption. All those unemployed, and yet, they get to WalMart, the destroyer of small business, at least once a month. Oh they are working, but their employers aren't licensed for what they are doing.

It would be nice to have a one-job-per-person law. One corporate job at a time, personal work as much as you can handle. All those corporate executives on boards of directors, coming in for 4 hours a week, maybe none some weeks, on several boards, collecting hundreds of millions of dollars through mulitple mega-corporations, I'd like to thin that powerstacking out. That would also encourage smarter competition, not just luckier.

i can't forget the convenience store guy I met once, he worked 18 hours a day at 2 jobs, and commuted for a few hours, and was a zombie all day long. Or the woman on the bus working 3 jobs, 2 part time and one full time, to get by for her family. 2 people doing the work for 5 people, job hoarding; when I was jobless, I wanted what they had when I heard that, but had to grin and bear it. And computer crowding, where computers do the jobs that people used to do, plus commuting every day for hours? Is this too much of a good thing?

Another place to double employment would be with removing city laws restricting the times a company can operate. Extra fees for operating before or after certain hours? Not about liquor laws either, but 24 hour fees that restrict a company from employing more people. What if there was a 24 hour mandatory open law? That is more jobs in the same amount of space. Another pile of jobs can come from mandatory full-service gas stations, not unlike Oregon laws, where drivers cannot pump their own gas.

Or just kick out all the foreign workers and replace them with locals.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Elite globalists, banksters (Enron, Goldman sacks) pulled out their handouts and a made a run for it just before the mass arrests,

while millions of illegals pour in and live off stolen middle class American's social security numbers,credit, jobs, SS & public assistance benefits, even former homes (foreclosed) and cars(reposseded). - ID Theft has soared 13% in the recent year alone - to some 12 million Americans per year, and 98% of social security related fraud is traced to illegal aliens including about 167,000 Americans' social security each being used by 5-10 different individuals!

redtape.msnbc.msn.com...

Meanwhile in all of this disilusion John Doe, Jane Doe drop into ID theft, debt, maxed out credit, foreclosure, repo, collections, credit damage ie credit-based employment refusals, etc etc, and join the growing poverty-level joe blo's living off food bank, salvation army, public shelters, tent cities, garbage-picking

America's replacement of the middle class - and middle path - by greedy elite banksters/mafia and illegals who make believe no worky no speaky english have nothing in their own name and many dont pay $1 in taxes thru sneaky sneaky SSN/IRS fraud and offbooks pay roll incentives from shady/thrifty employers - ie, dont usually have to pay unemployed when fire somebody working illegally, etc.

win win situation for greed & corruption alike, not traditional American values (ie, honesty & honor system) our country was built to thrive on.

can hardly believe this is already what America's come to!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
fyi OP thread clearly sourced the article, not yet the statistic source, which was posted later...

Here is the reported source, to reiterate in this thread multiple times now:

Source: U.S. Department of Labor: Bureau of Labor Statistics

research.stlouisfed.org...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Only 30-45 days to go.
Then all transforms.

Hang tough, good people everywhere.
edit on 9-4-2012 by pshea38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by pshea38
Only 30-45 days to go.
Then all transforms.

Hang tough, good people everywhere.
edit on 9-4-2012 by pshea38 because: (no reason given)

What does all transform into in 30-45 days? And how and why?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I appreciate the informative links but they did not include any age (nor military and student status?) related definition of the labor force. I am age 69, retired, able to work but not looking for employment. Am I still in the labor force?

By the way it used to be just the CIVILIAN rate of unemployment. Reagan declared that all military personnel were to be included as part of the labor force and renamed it simply the rate of unemployment. Bush then revised it such that if you have exhausted your then 26 weeks of unemployment compensation you are no longer unemployed (thus not in the labor force?). Clinton revised it that, regardless of your current status, if you were employed even a few hours during the time frame measured you are not counted as having been unemployed.

Use the yardstick before Reagan and take a deep breath.

Change the yardstick and you can make the numbers say anything. Currently I'm guessing 15 to 25 percent unemployed.

Likewise in the Consumer Price Index/Cost of Living, medical expenses increased 300+ percent from a base year (80's?) up to a few years ago when I last checked. Wow! Oh, wait, medical expenses are only 3 percent of your total expenditures!! LOL Bull#

edit on 9-4-2012 by oghamxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

or, they are taking advantage of mom and dad???

the highest unemployment is among the younger adults......
and then there's the fact that more young adults are not leaving the nest, or coming back home to the nest...

now, got to tell ya something here....
if mom and dad can't yell, scream, nag, and gripe those kids into a job, well.....
could it be....
that there just isn't a job there, or the employers are for some reason bypassing them over the older, more experienced, more mature workers??

this household has had 2-3 unemployed living in it for most of the past year or so.....
and ain't no one getting any benefits outside of unemployment, which I don't think anyone is getting now...
one son is taking courses and is using his gi benefits to pay for the tuition....

here's hoping that obamacare gets overturned...cause if I have to add four people to my health insurance.....
I am gonna end up owing my boss money at the end of the week!!!

edit on 9-4-2012 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join