It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHTF 1/3 Americans QUIT Work! Angry ends near dont hav anything to live 4 just want Benefits not Job

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

I did not want to leave my job, working for the same company for 16 years with 16 "exceeds expectations" reviews and a 98% accuracy rate.

My job was handed over to a person in India, they call it Outsourcing.

Now at 59 who the heck is really going to hire me at the salary I was making ($45,00 before OT, Some years with OT $52,000).

If it were not for my 67 year old husband having a really good job and being in top physical health, I would be homeless.

Jobs, yes, if you want to take psychological abuse flipping hamburgers part time (so they can get out of paying you benefits) at minimum wage which isn't enough to even now buy groceries.

America, and I cannot speak for any other country because I've never lived anywhere else - is owned and run by the large corporations.

Do I want to go back to work?

No

Why?

Well after being out from under my tyrannical boss of 10 of my 16 years, I still nightmare about her if I don't remember to take my 1/2 a Valium before bed.......Valium stops nightmares.

I lived under the most stressful, hateful and bullish conditions for over a decade.

At this point, I would rather starve and be homeless than go back to working under and with the type of people I worked with.

They were almost all snakes in suites (good book).

Management in America, how the few control the many.

Divide and conquer.

Pit the pions against each other and reward the ones that are the most cut thoatish.

Benefits, no, most jobs now are trying as hard as possible to screw their employees so that the CEO's can get that 1,000,000 vacation home in Colorado and that sailboat.

The wage differential in America is staggeringly unfair yet most Americans are so friggin stupid they don't see or care.

Now, start researching about the medical and retirement package our Congress and Senators enjoy.

I did a thread on that and movie stars, people that jiggle around on stage singing nonsense that are now worth 250 million and the response - so what, who cares, they are worth it......................okay so be it, you all get exactly what you deserve.

Welcome to the NWO.
edit on 9-4-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Congrats on making the adjustment. When my kids were young, my wife and I came to the decision that she would stay home and tend to them and I would work.

We didn't have a glamorous life...by the nature of what I do, it required frequent relocation...but it was a stable life. We, as a family, viewed each relocation as a new adventure and an expansion of our understanding of people. New geographic areas brings new value sets into play and it has always been "interesting" to say the least. I don't begrudge the inconvenience...it was weighed against the benefits and the benefits won.

My children (now young adults...both in college...1 married, 1 not) are the most well adapted kids I have ever seen. They can make friends anywhere with anyone...their appreciation of the diversity of humanity is, to me, one of the most precious gifts I could have ever given them....the don't know what a stranger is...they don't know what prejudice is...they give everyone a fair opportunity and a fair chance to earn trust or lose it.

Maybe, in some people's eyes...they would have done things differently...I sometimes get agitated with the field of work I am in because it is not doing so well right now....but when I look back across the 28 years I have been doing this...it has been a good field...it has always provided a means...even when it was a little less than perfect.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I live in a state where the taxes are very high... and the unemployment benefits / welfare is high too.. I asked myself whats the point in working... I could live off my savings and welfare...

I mean its my money right? Everyone else is doing it... Maybe I should too

its discouraging

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I love hearing the numbers get higher.

People are sick of everything, and realizing it's pointless to work a dead end job at salve wages... for what? Just to get by so someone else can get stupid filthy rich off your labor?

I worked since 15, worked for the same company for the last 12 years. No college, no degrees, no back up plan etc.... I made between 55 to 70K a year. I worked every weekend, every holiday, 6 days a week and between 60 to 80 hours a week. I sacrificed my personal life to get ahead, to buy my home, cars, a rental property etc..... My credit was great, and I was living the dream.... or so I thought.

Now at 31, I'm unemployed, my savings are gone, I had to file bankruptcy, my house and rental property are in foreclosure. Everything I've ever worked for is going down the toilet.

My taxes and mortgage are so high even if I saved every dollar unemployment gave me I wouldn't be able to pay my bills.

The jobs I am able to find pay less then what unemployment pays.

At this point, where is my motivation to work? I like many others just don't give a sh*t anymore. All I see is filthy rich and dirt poor. And I don't believe I'm gonna be filthy rich anytime soon. The future looks grim-

Yeah and we can all just go out and get slave wage jobs and live 3 families to an apartment. I hope more people wake up. Times are changing, the jobs are not coming back. New tech and new manufacturing methods are making the need for human workers obsolete.

While these giant mega corporations streamline ever increasing profits- the rest of us are left by the sideline with nothing. Everything is happening by plan, the people in power want more for themselves and less for everyone else. The rich view the rest of us as a sub-species. We are filth in their eyes.

I'm done being exploited by others people solely for their gain, and to be left with nothing- not even able to reap the rewards of my own labor. Cause they'll take that as well.

I say right on! More people need to quit their job. More people need to say enough is enough. We need to change the way our entire society works.

Paradise or Oblivion Video- We Need Change Soon- Our Current Path Is Headed For Collapse

youtu.be...
edit on 9-4-2012 by StupidCableGuy because: add video

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
Not knowing anybody thats unemployed I guess I can't answer. Things ar booming here thats why I moved here. Maybe people need to move about a bit to find work

That's pretty much what I see.. where I live business is booming now.. things started picking up at the end of last year and it's been unbelievable since.. I only know one unemployed person and she was only that way for about a week.

I work in the tech industry.. marketing & web development.. I know not all industries are doing as well, especially manufacturing.

Early last year things were bad, we did need to lay off about 6 or 7 people to keep afloat.. but after several months things turned around..

If people stop working just to stop working, the only thing they will be doing is contributing to the problem.. it's one thing to not be able to find work.. it's another to remove yourself from your communities economy as well .. NOT working voluntarily isn't really an answer to helping the situation..
edit on 4/9/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Let'em quit. More jobs for those who actually want to work.

I think I'm one of the few Americans who are entirely grateful for having a stable income at the moment.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I saw that 88,000,000 figure and I was like ...
Wo! I live in great gigantic Canada.. and we only have about 35,000,000 haha.. You American are like rabbits

Thanks for sharing lol

~ love is an art

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
By trade, I’m an OT (Occupational Therapist). I implemented the therapy for close to 6 years. Eventually after that, I got into computers and networking, and eventually started my own computer/networking consulting business.

After I finished college, I ended up working the mental health side of the therapy. Usually most people work physical rehabilitation, but I loved it so much, I stayed. It didn’t pay half as much as physical rehab.

One thing I realized is that you can make all the money in the world, but if you’re miserable, it’s not worth a single cent. Why would anyone want to be miserable when working? Is it really worth it? I think not..

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Well, I read the article.
Basically it says if a person stops claiming unemployment (or registering unem), they are off the books..nobody ever gets a job, so yes, you have a bajillion people unemployed if we use this math.

In further news, if you watch only entrance doors and not exit doors, a store can hold infinite amounts of people.

So..ya...this article is fully based in neocon logic.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Right because unemployment benifits at less that 3/4 of your previous income or collecting welfare is preferred over more money from a job. I know I always look forward to having less. ( NOT)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by StupidCableGuy
I love hearing the numbers get higher.

People are sick of everything, and realizing it's pointless to work a dead end job at salve wages... for what? Just to get by so someone else can get stupid filthy rich off your labor?

I worked since 15, worked for the same company for the last 12 years. No college, no degrees, no back up plan etc.... I made between 55 to 70K a year. I worked every weekend, every holiday, 6 days a week and between 60 to 80 hours a week. I sacrificed my personal life to get ahead, to buy my home, cars, a rental property etc..... My credit was great, and I was living the dream.... or so I thought.

Now at 31, I'm unemployed, my savings are gone, I had to file bankruptcy, my house and rental property are in foreclosure. Everything I've ever worked for is going down the toilet.

My taxes and mortgage are so high even if I saved every dollar unemployment gave me I wouldn't be able to pay my bills.

The jobs I am able to find pay less then what unemployment pays.

At this point, where is my motivation to work? I like many others just don't give a sh*t anymore. All I see is filthy rich and dirt poor. And I don't believe I'm gonna be filthy rich anytime soon. The future looks grim-

Yeah and we can all just go out and get slave wage jobs and live 3 families to an apartment. I hope more people wake up. Times are changing, the jobs are not coming back. New tech and new manufacturing methods are making the need for human workers obsolete.

While these giant mega corporations streamline ever increasing profits- the rest of us are left by the sideline with nothing. Everything is happening by plan, the people in power want more for themselves and less for everyone else. The rich view the rest of us as a sub-species. We are filth in their eyes.

I'm done being exploited by others people solely for their gain, and to be left with nothing- not even able to reap the rewards of my own labor. Cause they'll take that as well.

I say right on! More people need to quit their job. More people need to say enough is enough. We need to change the way our entire society works.

Paradise or Oblivion Video- We Need Change Soon- Our Current Path Is Headed For Collapse

youtu.be...
edit on 9-4-2012 by StupidCableGuy because: add video

Another well stated perspective.

George Carlin had a great video mirroring some of what you say.

Yes the disparity of income and living condiditons has came to an all new level here in America. It is sad that TPTB forget things like the Bolshevic Revolution, the Cuban Revolution, the Chinese Revolution and the French Revolution. These arfe all examples of people having had enough and exploding in desperation to do something about it. None of these things went well...none. The loss of freedom in the idea of 'the good of the many" ever goes the way people anticipate. It is always ugly and always complicated.

The elites here are just going to have to suck it up that "no....you cannot have it all, all the time". Either that or they can expect to enjoy the same fate the last Czar and his family experienced....this is a prophecy....be fair or be dead. Yes they have lots of money but numbers always beat money....eventually...you will run out of bullets and the masses WILL TAKE YOU. It is inevitable.

I really don't want to see us go there....it is a scenario that deeply concerns and disturbs me....I am a Libertarian but I have to open my eyes to the world within which I live and I see dark skies if the elites don't stop taking advantage and abusing the lesser population. I don't want to see this....in my lifetime or the lifetime of my children. Greed must be put in check....maddening excess must be stopped....it serves no man...or the world...or any good whatsoever....and this is a fact.

If we do not play fair....we will be headed down a road....and that road has been mapped by 4...count them four...(at least) and the outcome was pretty crappy....

I hope we are smarter....erm...I Hope "they" are smarter than this....a dead world is useless...and well....dead....no one prospers or finds happiness on a dead world....
edit on 4/9/2012 by Damrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
There's a lot of incorrect thinking going on in this thread.

First off, yes, the number of people who are not employed in the labor force is increasing, but so is the number of people in the population as a whole. Without comparing the rate of growth of both against each other, the data is pretty much meaningless.

The OP makes a post saying that the number of unemployed will double, or reach 100% within a year or two. Do you really hate your life this much
It's just not going to happen. We've been hearing this nonsense on ATS for a long time now.

The US Empire is falling, but look at history for examples of what may happen. There's simply too many people out there who are trying to make sure this controlled demolition plays out fairly smoothly in the long run for any real collapse to take place.

Seriously, we're in the first world here. Even though things may seem tough for a good chunk of people, it could be much, much worse. OP needs to get a life and get laid or something.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
"More jobs for people who want to work"

So should all the people that want to work, go accept minimum wage jobs and live in poverty conditions?

Just so the rich and elite can continue living in lavish luxuries? I can't justify working for slave wages just to be exploited. I don't think the problem is that people like myself are lazy or don't want to work. It's that we are realizing it's pointless. We will never get ahead, and the future looks worse and worse everyday.

Why should I go work for $8 an hour so some douche bag ceo can make 600 million a year etc.... I no longer want to be a cog in that wheel that funnels wealth to the top 1%.

Last year I closed all my bank accounts, got rid of all my plastic, only pay in cash. I don't want to give any of these giant banks even 1 cent. We the people have the power, yet most are to stupid and to brainwashed to realize it.

The rest of the people who are still employed making a decent wage don't understand the issues yet. To them everything is still the same and all the losers and dead beats need to "get a job"

Well there isn't enough good jobs to go around, and there will be less and less and new tech makes the need for workers obsolete.

What are the rest of us undesirables to do? Go starve to death under a bridge.

I can't wait for more of the middle class to wake up unemployed someday, and then realize that nice cushy high paying job is never coming back!

I had a talk with a guy the other day, he has been out of work for 2 months- and he was bragging about turning down a $25 an hour job. He proudly stated he wouldn't work for anything less then $40 an hour. These people who are just now starting to loose their jobs are freakin clueless about how bad it is out here. Once you take a person who was used to making 506080-100K a year.... and then expect them to go out and get low paying $8-$10 an hour job.... then they realize how bad things are. You can't live on the wage the the available jobs are paying. At least not in NJ where I live.

All you people with your nice fat paychecks can sit back and armchair bullsh*t like your so smart with your money and decisions etc..... until that rug gets pulled out from under your feet. It's amazing how viewpoints change. I used to listen to rush limbaugh, used to think I was a proud conservative, I used to look down on lower class people- I used to think all these scum bags were lazy and just needed to get a job etc.... It all changes when the shoe is on the other foot.

edit on 9-4-2012 by StupidCableGuy because: add text

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Perhaps some folks either choose to ignore the facts about history or they want to continue living in a dreamworld of fantasy, flowers and pixie dust.

"Those that do not remember history are doomed to repeat it".

It's odd that we have so many wealthy people in this country that are as stupid as a baked ham. They do not recall the revolutions over disparity in the past....all of which ...the masses...(aka...the poor people) won. Eventually, you run out of arrows and bullets and the enormous masses of people win. (never get involved in a land war in Asia - mentality....the sheer numbers are impossible to overcome)

This is not a good path folks....I stated four examples above and I have not gotten rebuked or rebutted yet....we have not gotten quite as bad as the four examples...but we sure are trying.

I really don't want us to go there. I love our little experiment....where one man's voice is important. The whole idea of the "good of the many" means that minority groups are silenced and crushed. This is bad politics and bad philosophy.. Each voice needs to be and should be heard....this is the true objective of the experiment that was our republican democracy...."a rule of law in which the people choose their representatives"....

It doesn't get simpler than that...but we have allowed a fox into the henhouse....a wolf in the fold....and that is the lobbyist we allow....we must first kill the lobbyist...(figuratively if not literally)...and get them out of our politics and resume prosecuting corruption in politics by those that take money and favoors from special intest groups.

No one is saying that special interest groups should not have a voice. They should...just like anyone....but they should not be able to buy favor...this is totally wrong. We have became so corrupt we have totally lost our way....and I weep inside because I don't see any peaceful way to fix it.....and if it is not handled correctly....the dream of our wonderful Republican democracy will be forever lost....and that deserves an extinction of our race....

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

We have to take into consideration also that there are a lot of baby boomers who have accumulated savings and are retiring earlier than the age that is required to collect Social Security. The problem stems that their jobs are not being filled because the employers are making just as much profits without filling these jobs. There isn't an incentive to maintain their previous workforce. Would you create jobs and lower your profits during a recession? Not me if I was the Employer, I took care of the workers that served me and wouldn't want to worry about hiring replacements for them if they retired and then have to worry about providing a good living for my remaining workers. It could cause a failure of the company and everyone working there would have their job jeopardized. A recession is not easy to deal with. Many Employers are concerned about their existing employees continued income. Being an employer in the past I can relate to what's happening.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

You almost had me until i saw "examiner" as your only source.

Let me guess, this story was surrounded by bigfoot sitings, UFO encounters, Christina Agulara having 5 testicles, and doomsday prophecies, all of which are completely bogus?

I used to read examiner when i worked the night shift as a cashier at Sobeys. Always good for a chuckle.... NEVER good for anything else.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

lets say what you say is true. 88 million out of work. now does that mean 88 million jobs are available? if that was the case, and we had so many jobs unfilled, then pay would be on the rise and standards would be less specific, yet this isnt the case.

wages have remained stagnant for the last 30 yrs, unless youre a ceo in which case your wage has increased over 300%.

corporate standards are getting tighter in order to weed out applicants. in addition to criminal record, they now check your credit and facebook page. they want a college degree for a $10-15 job and yrs of experience.

again, if the jobs were there, and employers needed the workers, they would loosen standards, not tighten them as beggers cant be choosers. as it is, there are far too many workers for the jobs available, so employers are able to be picky.

to emphasize this, recently mcdonalds advertised 65k jobs and recieved over 100k applicants.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
TSHTF at the beginning of the millenium. Rofl, we're on the downward slope of civilization failing and people just now realized were so beyond F'ed there is no going back.

Big cities will be the first to collapse and those will turn into warzones.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by StupidCableGuy

What you say is true, and it's sad that smart educated people don't realize things are the way they are--until it affects them directly. A lot of this is simply selfish thinking on their part, and/or maybe a little denial. But it's clear to me that even with all of those degrees earned in educating themselves, that they still can't see things unless and/or until it affects them in a very direct way. Intellect isn't the same as wisdom.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

I would rather be unemployed and starving than be a slave. Either way, you are going to go hungry. That is not my vision for americans.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join