It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone here knows about theurgy?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Hi.
I now i'll probably be considered weirdo when you'll read my post after you read this thread, but i must ask.
Couples of years ago i discovered that the brain can do much more than just the ordinary things, and i came to experience it. Now, i can pushed aside with my thoughts when we are in the highway and that the others cars comes too close to my taste. And i've read several convincing statements about people called ''cloud-busters'' who can bring rain or sunshine with their thoughts.
So i know that magic will be possible with specific thoughts and etc, and i wished to learn more of that, cause it will give us humans abilities against the NWO.
Does one of you knows about theurgy, white magic, everything but Wicca and black magick?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Many things are possible. I think you have to stop caring about your breath when you try to do magick. Also, try and don't feel surprise if it works: that will get you unstable and loose your concentration. Act as if it was normal that it worked. Above all, don't be discouraged if it don't work. Blame on something else, wathever, but NEVER be discouraged.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Theurgy (from Greek θεουργία) describes the practice of rituals, sometimes seen as magical in nature, performed with the intention of invoking the action or evoking the presence of one or more gods, especially with the goal of uniting with the divine, achieving henosis, and perfecting oneself.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

I think Starheart is referring to its modern meaning: ''White magick'', as opposed to ''Black Magick'', from Aleister Crowley.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by starheart

U2U a member like Starwise, Destiny One, irsuccubus, Wildoracle13, and some others I can't recall at the moment. They would probably be more helpful in this area than most of us would.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

This is an interesting subject and one I'm new to researching myself, however I started by reading Eliphas Levi and Aleister Crowley. Deep stuff!! Now I've put those books down as I realised I needed to go back further. So, I would recommend getting your head around the Kabbala and Plato. Plato was highly regarded as a Physic, and Physic, by the sounds of it, is what you are interested in. Let me know what you find, I'm yet to start on that bit of research yet.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Are they associated with the Illuminati or Wicca or black magick?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by starheart

Alleister Crowley was an adept of white magic by definition. (magic with the goal of elevating the soul of man)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by InitiumArietis

Yeah, i wanted to look into Alester Crowley, but that guy was an Illuminati member, and more concentrated on Wicca or dark stuff. I'm looking for pure magic, or things like in X-Men; you know, manipulate metal (will be very useful against NWO weapons), etc.
But thank you very much for your suggestions. Will look at them and give you news. Glad to see someone interested, and glad to see that nobody considers me weirdo yet

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

All I can tell you is they are all faves of mine when it comes to the topic you are speaking of. They are knowledgable, and can set you in the right direction.

To my knowledge, none are associated with what you have listed.

ETA:

glad to see that nobody considers me weirdo yet

Oh, you've been labeled by the lurkers. They just haven't said anything.
edit on 4/7/2012 by Klassified because: ETA

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Thanks alot for your information. I'll check them out!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

sorry,i have to relply! crowley practiced hermetic magick!
difference between 'white' and 'black' magick is the users intent.
a love spell from a cute wicca spell book can be just as negative as a jinn (demon)raising spell from the key of solomon!
the love spell might get your 'victim' insane about you.
the jinn spell may be to used to keep a pshyco away from you.
which is whie and which is black?
magick is the centering of your personal energy to interact with universal energy to will change.
be it good or bad. you will good and karma will bring it back to you 3 times
you will evil karma will bring it back to you 10 times.
like the old saying,watch what you wish for,you just might get it!
using magick,or 'willing' for the car in front of you out the way is not a productive use of your energy.
your already frustrated by this time if you want to use your 'energy' this way,and no good will come of it.
thanx for the reply though

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

read into Gnosticism..
"true teachings of christ"
Jesus was crucified for witchcraft

wish i could give you some resources.. I haven't much looked into manipulating metal because I can already do that.... I can make jewelry

Matter could be manipulated with acoustics or vibrationss

Sawpreviouspost
reficul said it all.
intentionintentionintention.
the more you learn, the more you open your mind up...
you will recognize you can do a LOT more than you think...
edit on 7-4-2012 by PrincessofSwords because: justa thought

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Thanks for the clarification.
I agree with your logic. It truly makes sense.
Do you have any advices for using magick? A favorite spell, a good mind-concentration trick?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

eliphas levi was a former catholic priest that got disgusted with the church and stated studying the occult in the 1800's.
one book he wrote may be a good read for you is transcendental magic. it covers many topics.
aleister crowley at a young age,related himself to the beast in the book of revelation!
he studied many paths including among many,hindi,yoga,buddism,kabbala,and many more.
eventually helped form the order of the golden dawn,and later his own belief were made up into a collection of writings while in a trance called the holy books of thelema.
he was truly brilliant,and at the end of his life quite mad! (or enlightened!) you decide
peace

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

if you want to concentrate get off the damn computer!!!
just kidding,but not really!
find a quiet are out side. sit down,shut your eyes and blank your mind of the world.
the rest will follow. this takes practice,but it will come!

you should do this in any kind of weather,rain snow wind sun.
this is how you gain respect and control over the elements.
visit a forest at night during a blizzard and do this exercise!!! you'll be surprised how powerful your mind is!!! trust me,ive done it.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by PrincessofSwords

i believe the christ was crucified as an enemy of the state of rome,because other people were calling him messiah,and king of the jews. during his trial the the head jews were using any excuse to have him taken away,includind sorcery.
the word witchcraft is an old english name usually given to a woman healer.
this is where oue modern name wicca came from. robert graves in the 1950's started the modern movement of wicca rolling into what it is today.
today wicca is like christianity with many different sects,dianic,gardarien,solitary and the like.
its a shame because origionaly,it started as a nature religion not unlike the native american beliefs.
now its a commercial joke with silly spell books for sale to bring you love or money!
i hate new age stuff!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Starheart, look into the works of Franz Bardon. Check out items 2, 3 and 5 at this page english.grimoar.cz...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Hi.
I now i'll probably be considered weirdo when you'll read my post after you read this thread, but i must ask.
Couples of years ago i discovered that the brain can do much more than just the ordinary things, and i came to experience it. Now, i can pushed aside with my thoughts when we are in the highway and that the others cars comes too close to my taste. And i've read several convincing statements about people called ''cloud-busters'' who can bring rain or sunshine with their thoughts.
So i know that magic will be possible with specific thoughts and etc, and i wished to learn more of that, cause it will give us humans abilities against the NWO.
Does one of you knows about theurgy, white magic, everything but Wicca and black magick?

What exactly do you want to know?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Me too i hate most New Age stuff, and very much Wicca. Thats why i find it difficult to find what i'm looking for.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join