It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone here knows about theurgy?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by starheart

If you have any natural talent you can do more. You just need to develop a pragmatic way of slowly developing your natural abilities. You can't set out for a specific one, you can't set a time limit or a maximum of effort you will put in on your part. Just take it day by day and set out to live better. The more ethical person you are the better I find. Learn about law and justice. It doesn't have to contemporary law, just the concept of order and social cohesion. I found these subjects conducive to a more accurate mind.

There is no standard here. So just learn what your natural abilities are and let them manifest, don't interfere because you want more progress or you set your mind on a specific goal. Meditation is great. Don't think that you need to be sitting Indian style humming "ommmm". You can meditate while running, while working on a car, sweeping. I like sweeping. I don't know. Whatever makes you disconnect for a moment. Those moments are your greatest teachers. It is then that you teach yourself.

I would also stay away from "teachers". While talking about it is great and insight is awesome from people who have dedicated their lives to this, I find they can hinder your natural development because they set you out on their path. You need to find your own. What may work for them may not for you. Not to mention they don't know what you need. They could hurt more than help if they give you a "pound" when all you need is an "gram".

Think pink when you are angry. Think red when you are sad. Think black when you feel helpless. Think white when you are too proud. Balance. Command yourself and allow yourself. Let yourself emerge from all that which is not you. Remove yourself from all things that are not within you already. Fear not, judge not.

edit on 29-4-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Thanks.
I pretty much know about most of the things you told me, and i apply them when i'm doing what i do.
My problem is that i don't know exactly what else exist like abilities, and didn't have people that proved to me that those abilities are doable.
For exemple, my natural instinct when i want to do ''magic'' (we got to find another word for that), is to manipulate matter and elements. You know, i don't know if you saw the X-Men? Well there's a woman named Jean Grey/Phoenix, and a villain named Magneto, and they can manipulate matter (lifting, pushing, stopping dead in track something, controlling elements like wind, fire, and water), and those abilities have always been my natural ''instinct'', even before i saw them.
Then of course, the next thing i wanted to know is to be able to know the intentions of someone, and if possible, to slightly influence them for the best of both of us.
Then, in third place, would be to realm-jump, to see what is cooking somewhere.
And then, be able to talk to aliens

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

they can manipulate matter (lifting, pushing, stopping dead in track something, controlling elements like wind, fire, and water), and those abilities have always been my natural ''instinct''

well I will outright say this. Don't look to super heroes for inspiration. Imagination is a great thing and does come into play since we are looking for things our reality deems impossible. That said, there are people who started out since childhood and never achieve any truly powerful abilities until well in their old age. One of the most limiting aspects of our nature is our limited life spans. Another is the influence of the world in which we live. To make the jump from disconnected to connected to "source" you need allot of dedication. You can't get frustrated and set your hopes up for what may not be for you. Water and fire are good elements to start out with. Set them before you and learn from them. YOu dont want to change them, rather you want to learn from them how they are and how they exist. After that, you can become one with them and change yourself. Take it step by step.

You seem to be into ritual magic. Like Wicca. That is fine and I did dabble in it when I was younger. I like the concept of the wand. The focal point of our attention and our perception. The thing is the magician knows this is just a focal point. I prefer the example of the samurai. The sword becomes an extension of him. The focal point is his entire being. The new age arts are reborn from old world traditions. Both are out of place and end up just being a tool for focusing our energy. I practice a natural form. There are no rituals or promises that if you do this that will happen. Natural forms are the original forms of practice. All others were developed in order to reach our core experience.

Then of course, the next thing I wanted to know is to be able to know the intentions of someone, and if possible, to slightly influence them for the best of both of us.

Yes. absolutely. It is better if you don't have any preconceptions of them. That is why I say you must learn to accept people as they are. That is why our ancestors that practiced these arts lived in seclusion, amongst other reasons like persecution. You can influence them but there is a price to pay for that. I would not even think of recommending that yet. Forget that for the moment. You can hear what they think of you though. That is easy. I´ll add more to that later. Just think of it this way. They think it so you can hear it. Any though about you, you have a natural connection to know it. It is a form of communication.
Be a blank page for their thoughts and let them fill it. I´ll add more to that later as well.

Then, in third place, would be to realm-jump, to see what is cooking somewhere.
And then, be able to talk to aliens

I would leave that alone all together as well. Not for ever but I don't want you to get distracted and confused. You need to develop a center. A reference point. Come to terms with your natural mind. Seems boring I know. Remember what I said, Don't set up expectations. Let things come as they do naturally. In the end you achieve more progress. But again that is not our purpose. Our purpose is to live better. That is something you can put in your motivational gas tank and go miles with over all the terrain necessary. What you want is like nitrous oxide for a sharp corner. You will first need to become a natural being. In command of yourself and allowing of yourself.

I will add more later. I have to run but I will prepare something for you and email it to you.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Thank you for your suggestions.
Do not worry, i wasn't inspired by super-heroes, just saying that before i ever saw them, i already wanted to do such things.
Thank you very much for the clarifications; i'll look forward to what you'll give me.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join