It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This world has gone insane! Its going to implode

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Here are my thoughts on this......

Why is so many people paying so much attention to the media about this guy transgender on a the Miss Universe Pagent? Don't you know this is what he wants? Dont you know thats what the Dinosaur Media Entertainment wants?

ATTENTION !!!!!!!! to draw us away from important things in life!

Whats the point of it, does it help any of us? Does the outcome of the pagent put food on your table? Does the outcome of the pagent pay for your MORTGAGE? All it does is it makes money for newspapers, magazines and Big Companies.

You know what the biggest problem is of this. Its not the guy thats trying to get people to accept he wants to be a woman....... its the beauty pagent itself, the reason its even popular.

Why do we even have these things? What good is it to society? What does this teach the young generation about ourselves? It shows the mentality of people that most everyone is superficial. Men and Women!

Why do we have more attention to entertainment in this life and not on the important things we should be doing?

Why dont I hear the top story on the TV or Radio about the group of doctors who saved these patients with a new technique to stop heart attacks without drugs? Or how cancer is curable now with diet and lifestyle?

Why isnt the top news stories showing a man or woman saving the life of a child cause he had no home to live in, and they adopted her and brought her up and fed her, clothed her and took care of her like their own?

Why dont we have publicized awards for people SAVING LIVES not ENTERTAINING LIVES? This should be hot topic in the Media. Wheres all the media attention for fire fighters risking their life to save a helpless woman in a housefire? Or that true police officer that stopped a crazed maniac from killing people and awarding him with a badge of honor with a national broadcast??

Why does Paris Hilton get more TV time than the woman who raised 5 children by herself, clean and care the house, work 3 jobs, and the children became doctors, pilots, teachers, and tradesmen?

How come so many people I hear complain about gas prices, and my job sucks cause I dont have enough money, or I cant afford to go to the dentist to fix my cavity or broken tooth, but none of these people talk about spending less money and time on entertainment? Somehow you all complain about all that, but you always manage to have enough money to buy the latest DVD of Transformers, the IPAD 2 that came out, or renew your subscription to a Fashion Magazine...

The US economy and the rest of the world is going to the dump, and people still have time, effort and money to still spend on ENTERTAINMENT? What the heck is wrong with people........Does anyone have any priorites left?

How is outcome of the last NHL STANLEY CUP game going to put FOOD ON YOUR TABLE?

How is the latest AFFAIR IN SHOWBIZ going to PAY YOUR UTILITY BILL AND RENT?

Money spent is being placed in the wrong places. Why is it when theres a debt in society, we allow our rights and services to be taken away, but 'DONT TOUCH OUR TV WE NEED TO WATCH DRAGONS DEN".
"I CANT LOSE DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES I DONT KNOW WHAT ILL DO".

Why havent I heard of 1 person in my life say "We need to cut spending on hockey and put that money towards supporting our LOCAL ORGANIC FARMERS WHO FEED US"

Or

"WE NEED TO SHUT DOWN THE NFL AND NBA and put that money towards SCHOOLS AND EDUCATION!"

Or

"WE NEED TO REDUCE SPENDING ON MOVIES AND ENTERTAINMENT LIKE XBOX 360 AND ONLINE GAMING and spend it on better HOSPITAL AND TREATMENT FACILITIES"

Why the heck is hockey players, basketball players, baseball players getting paid so much for doing really NOTHING but enterain? But teachers and doctors get paid nothing, after going to school for up to 12 or 14 years later? I know why....because its the fault of the CONSUMER!

If there wasnt a market for buying coc aine and meth or shipping illegal drugs and weapons their wouldnt be people selling them.

If there wasnt a huge market for VIDEO GAMES that do nothing but entertain and DESENSITIZE people, we would have more money for our communities.

If there wasnt so many selfish people waiting for their next IPOD, IPAD, last SEASON OF HOUSE DVDs at Futureshop or HMV, or the next weekend to buy their new fashion PURSE or SHOES or DESIGNER JEANS at the mall, there would be more money to help STARVING CHILDREN AND STRUGGLING FAMILES IN 3RD WORLD COUNTRIES and in your own CITY.

The next time you complain about missing lunch cause your hungry, or dont enough hours on your WoW game or Modern Warfare online match, or missed the last episode of JERSEY SHORE, think about what the world is turning into because of your lack of care of others, those who deserve the neccesities of life to EAT and have a ROOF over their head..

This world has no LOVE left for others. LOVE is an action to help others without any expectation of payment. LOVE is not a feeling. Entertainment has trained people to remove the real meaning of GIVING LOVE and replaced it with SELF LOVE!!! Its all about ME ME ME ME!!. I want a new Car, I want a HOUSE, I want the new IPHONE I want a HIGH PAID JOB where I can sit and do less, I want MORE SHOES AND MAKEUP KITS...wah wah wah.

Interesting how its called the " I " Phone, almost like it should be called the "MEPHONE" FOR ME ME! I WANT PHONE FOR ME ME!

Thats my 2 bits.........well more like my full meal deal.

Dont like my attitude???.......deal with it.......The world is the way it is because of this mentality and its not going to stop unless you do.

edit on 6-4-2012 by Seektruthalways1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-4-2012 by Seektruthalways1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-4-2012 by Seektruthalways1 because: renamed comment

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seektruthalways1.

Why is so many people paying so much attention to the media about this guy transvestite on a beauty pagent?

Uh, What the #?

edit on 6-4-2012 by daaskapital because: e

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Take a deep breath...

And smash your tv.
Read a book.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

I have no idea who this person is and I'm a well informed political activist. What are you talking about ?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
well friend,the media has been doing this crap forever,and what you can do about it is TURN IT OFF!!!
stop reading newspapers,make a conscience effort not to look at public ads.
a fellow member turned me on to adblock (firefox) bless their soul,now my computer is not bombarded with ads.
indeed,the other person posted smash your tv and read a book. good advice!
the media seems to have worked on you because you posted about it.
just turn it off!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
That's life buddy, it sucks and that won't change ever.

Belief in change is naive, in my honest opinion.

I don't see us changing whatsoever, better get used to it. I know, life sucks....

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
It doesn't draw your attention away from the important things in life unless you let it.
There's no helping people, they have to make the decision to stop being a braindead voyeur of the vapid, the vain and the spin.
Unfortunately grabbing people by the neck and shaking them till they snap out of it is frowned upon, so you have to leave em to it.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Step out of the MSM crap cycle and walk away.

This is probably why this is the first I have evne heard of this...LOL

Sounds like a rant I would have had a few months ago. Get away from the MSM and just turn them off.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Well my friend if the television bombarded the populace with positive, loving, happy news, then everyone would be happy. The collective mind would be positive. We would never fall for any of their crap. That's why.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Yeah, avoiding that 'entertainment' on tv is key.
If the media is to be believed, we are all clamoring for the latest gadget or dvd. We are not.
If they are to believed, we all live outside our means and go deeper in debt to buy stuff we don't need. We don't.

There are people that do, but they are the minority. The media pushes this stuff so strongly to sell us crap. We choose to buy into it or not. There will be weak minded tools out there, but they are the same ones who wish they were the monkeys they see on tv performing for their moment of fame.

If you walk away, the media will not hurt you. I wont be like others who loudly claim they shot their tv and never watched it again, that would be a lie. I choose to watch things that interest me. I mute the commercials, I skip the news channels and make up my own mind. There is quality on the tv, albeit not much, but knowing who and what is trying to program you is key to not falling for it.

The media is only there to make money. If they can convince you to watch and then buy into the mindset, they get richer. If they cant reach you, then you are free. We would be no better than the media if we were to force our beliefs onto others no matter how good our intentions.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The important things in life?

You mean to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women?

Nah, can't be that.

Or can it?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I never hear about anything unless it comes from here. You guys should do what I do. Don't watch tv. lol

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

As you which, captain.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I'm just so sick and tired of this attitude. SO WHAT if people want to come home from a hard days work and watch some television and play some games. SO WHAT if they want to have iphones or ipods or whatever. YeaH we should be caring about important stuff, but dont see why its so necessary to give up all technology or entertainment and...well just about everything fun... as you seem to imply. Many of these people you see playing video games or texting on their iphones or talking about the last episode of Love and HipHop....many of them care more about the things that matter then you give them credit for. They have families and children and philosophies and religions, and causes. But you're just looking for something to complain about. When will you and all you idiots agreeing with him learn that something isnt heinously evil just by virtue of it being "vapid" and "shallow"?! What, everything has to be somber and serious!?! Vapidity and meaningless entertainment have a place in society! And for god sakes get it through your heads that what is "good" and "bad" entertainment, what is "vapid" vs "spiritual" is largely SUB JEC TIVE. Is a bunch of people in a tribal group dancing around a campfire singing about How Coyote Stole The Moon or some # like that really that much different or "better" somehow then the latest Batman movie? It is my passionate belief that the answer to that question is not so simple as many anti-modern-society nutbars would believe. This whole attitude is just a modern version of asceticism and puritanism! This distrust of any pleasure. This feeling that people are just having too much fun. Now I am going to go to the CNE for the weekend, and later on I will play some videogames. I'm even gonna save up for an Xbox. # YOU.

top topics

join