It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have your Survival / Preppers Kit ready ?? Time to share mine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Recently bought the Ultimate Survival kit and i wanted to share it with my fellow ATS'ers

Like my instinct was pushing me to buy one ASAP
so i went on a shopping spree and bought for more then 200$ of prepper stuff
like i had some money to spare .. but my mind was clear that i needed a survival bag

Can be usefull to me or anyone in need that cross my path
if i die before even touching it .. it will serve and help anyone who find the bag
it will still be usefull after 50 or 100 yrs

Better be prepared then not ..i will not touch the bag until the SHTF

First of all you need something to hold everything.. like a big robbust bag

1 Big robbust Outdoor bag

And this is whats inside :

1 Small sleeping bag

1 Robbust rope (4-5m dont remember)

1 Folding Shovel (almost 3 foot when put together)

1 Big Medical kit

1 Big Survival kit

Kit contains 48-hour emergency candles, two 12-hour light sticks, one first aid kit, four disposable hand warmers, one bottle water purification tablet, two emergency ponchos

Also includes two 36-hour survival candles, two emergency blankets, two 6-hour camp heat cookers, one headlight and reusable storage box

1 Bag of 12 Fire Sticks

1 Micro fishing pole (1 foot long)

1 Cooking kit

1 Field glasses (small compact one)

1 Bottle of lighter liquid (250ml)

+ Other (Small thing):
Flashlight
Batteries
Wood matches
Multi purpose knife
Water Filters
etc etc ..

Im sure im forgeting a few things

I also want to buy a small portable hamac, small tent
and iluminative fuses (the red ones)

Im also considering buying survival stuff online
anyone got a good reliable site to order any kind of stuff ?
dry food included

Thanks

Time to share YOUR bag and give ideas to others
because we are in a critical time .. cant lose time anymore
when TSHTF you will no more be able to acquire such survival kit
edit on 4/6/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Right on!
I was just over on the new National Geo Preppers thread lamenting some of the real fruit loops on that TV show but you have a GREAT survival kit there. I'm envious. My gear is parted together over years and as it could be gotten here and there. Nothing so compact and good to go in a hurry. Congrats!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
hi op

heres my little tip

some of us need a couple of phooos a day
so instead of lugging around toilet paper
i use refresher wipes
the little things you get at kfc to wipe yourself
they are very small to carry and cleans your bum at the same time lol

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Gun, flint, and a brain.

Sincerely that's all you need.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Right on!
I was just over on the new National Geo Preppers thread lamenting some of the real fruit loops on that TV show but you have a GREAT survival kit there. I'm envious. My gear is parted together over years and as it could be gotten here and there. Nothing so compact and good to go in a hurry. Congrats!

Compact ... Yes
Good to go in a hurry .. Yes

But quite heavy
Also there is No food No water in that bag ( no more space)
I have a small reserve of food and water bottles at home .. but
i wont be able to carry everything needed to live if im on foot

This is where the none heavy dry food is important
water is heavy has hell.. this is why i have carbon filters (4) (size of a small red bull can)

Ready to share my kit with anyone when the time comes
so we have higher chance of survive when the system goes down

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
hi op

heres my little tip

some of us need a couple of phooos a day
so instead of lugging around toilet paper
i use refresher wipes
the little things you get at kfc to wipe yourself
they are very small to carry and cleans your bum at the same time lol

Good idea
hope i can buy a pack of 50 somewhere

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by lives
reply to post by Ben81

Gun, flint, and a brain.

Sincerely that's all you need.

hya
you could also leave the flint..
E.g
9mm handgun
take a shell and remove the bullet
stuff a piece of rag into the cartridge
stick the barrel of the gun into your kindling and shoot
starts a fire everytime

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

infolific.com...

Appreciated none the less - even it that is possible I wouldn't risk damaging my firearm and neither should you.
edit on 6-4-2012 by lives because: (no reason given)

And sorry if I came off as a d that wasn't my intention - I just really believe in these sitautions less is more - but to each their own.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

infolific.com...

Appreciated none the less - even it that is possible I wouldn't risk damaging my firearm and neither should you.

and if you dont have any gun or shell
buy a lighting stick for the fire that do sparkles

I have one in my kit

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I'd get some para chord, its very thin but super strong so you can fit a huge length in without taking up much room (4-5m's is way too little). I wouldn't bother with a hammock, you're a sitting duck in it. I'd get a small military style green/urban pattern tarp to be an improvised tent roof/hoochie. Could consider a tent if going by vehicle or in snow etc but otherwise they weigh too much. I'd get a dynamo (wind up) torch/radio/mobile phone charger, a kindle with a solar charging array and upload onto it as many decent survival books as you can (weapons and manufacturing, traps/snares, food/cooking, gardening, electrical/mechanical repairs, first aid(try "where there is no doctor" for a start, its a free download from their site).
Have you got a sharpener for the knife? Grab some small soft but strong wire for snares etc. Chuck in a few spare bin liners to water proof bag etc. Military style food kits are awesome but very expensive here in Oz unless you have a mate that can knock them off for you. Compass and maps of area and intended plan of where to go. Some people even plan by first day I should be here so I will dig a hole of of anyones sight and bury water/supplies etc for if SHTF. Whilst matches are good you can personally get more bang for your buck with fire steel starters. Don't forget very good bartering supplies, toilet paper, matches, panadol/headache tablets, femine sanitary products, batteries and so forth. Always factor on the fact that people won't be prepared so you can get great exchange rates for cheap stuff when SHTF.
There is also the debate on what type/if you should carry weapons/firearms but I'll leave it up to you. It's pretty easy to make a single shot shotgun for about $50 if you have the right tools in the home shed. Look up Ragnar Benson's books on the net if you want to get raided by the FBI, plenty of books covering topics from caching, survival, fighting big brother, and weapon manufacture. Personally I don't think anythings worth getting into a fire fight when SHTF and you're better off staying hidden and not drawing attention to yourself. Ragnar does suggest that in survival situations sitting around with a fishing rod is wasteful of your energy and resources and you need to just operate like an old trapper working the game trails with fish traps, multiple lines with hooks, snares etc and just patrol them looking for food thats ended up stuck/trapped or hooked. Nice start though, you are already way ahead of the general population. When SHTF there are only survivors and protein sources, you're already up in the pack of being the eaters.......

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Got a nice preppers site with all kind of interesting stuff
but its a site in France .. will cost me much in shipping
France to Canada

Prymacontact.fr

I want this Hamac
and for 15 euro it totaly worth it
or this hamac with a hoodie Link

the site look amazing and reliable
not to expensive to

edit on 4/6/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Congratulations. The money you spent is well worth the peace of mind. Just knowing that in the event of an all out emergency, you have the basics in hand. You are now a step ahead of the average Joe. Doesn't it feel good....

Des

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by lives

I agree with You totally !! The best kit is education ! Anyone who wants to survive when shtf needs the skills to make it through maybe years of hardships ? Ever really try and start a fire without matches and tons of paper ? It's not easy , now is the time to practice not when you're hungry and freezing !!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

infolific.com...

And sorry if I came off as a d that wasn't my intention - I just really believe in these sitautions less is more - but to each their own.

hya
no worrys
i seen this done on tv by Ray mears a few years ago as a last method
i dont know much about guns being in britain lol
was not aware it could damage a gun....
i also like using a battery and wire wool

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
If you want an incredible firestarter that will light every time and weighs nothing, try this:

Collect all of your dryer lint for a month. Believe it or not, when compressed, you can put 20-30 sheets in a Sucrets can. Fill it up, drip wax around the seal or put it in a small baggie. Use just a small piece at a time and you will not believe the fire it will start. Weighs nothing, costs nothing but is worth everything!

I was caught in the woods for a weekend totally unprepared, turned around while hunting and a storm came up. The lint in the bottom of my pack was the only dry thing I could find and mae a bad experience bearable.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Congratulations. The money you spent is well worth the peace of mind. Just knowing that in the event of an all out emergency, you have the basics in hand. You are now a step ahead of the average Joe. Doesn't it feel good....

Des

I feel more prepare in case any situation present to me
not many Canadian are preppers
compare to Americans lol

Told my mother about it
bad idea
she was .. whatttttt you wasted 200$ of useless junk
not everyone realise how those thing can be so usefull in any situation

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Bugging out is for city dwellers, as very well they must. Urban and suburban is for hunkering down WITH neighbors. Only as a stronghold of many is there any serious chance of very long term survival (+1 yr). Either a stronghold of raiding locusts or a stronghold of defenders. Both have their risks, benefits, and disadvantages depending on the location, metrics of the incident, spirit of the stronghold.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I'm glad to see your serious about providing for yourself in emergencies. Items one might wish to carry will depend on where you are, what season it is and what skill sets you have to obtain necessities from the wild. The more you know the less you need to carry.

Does your kit include:
Backpack?
Water filter?
Cooking container?
Vessel to carry water in?
A quality fixed blade knife?
Rain gear?
Snares?
Field guide to wild edible plants?
Extra personal items such as eyeglasses, contacts, hearing aid batteries, dentures, etc?
Prescription medications you may be on?
A weapon for self defense?
Maps of the area you might find yourself in?

Here's my list with links for where to get many items
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 6-4-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added link

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I have shopped with these guys
www.bridensolutions.ca...

I am rigged for canoe tripping
so all the basics are covered there
I think it is a good idea to go have fun surviving so that come the day
so things aren't a big surprise.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Compact ... Yes
Good to go in a hurry .. Yes

But quite heavy

At least you are aware of that. I know a few people who have BOBs that they couldn't carry for 1kM over flat terrain. When I tell them that, they usually tell me that if TSHTF they would force themselves to carry it. I tell them their body won't let them (they're not the fittest people).

I am reasonably fit and have a lot of solo bush experience, and I don't carry more than 25kg.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join