It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pagan and Occult Symbols in Mormonism: What Every Latter-day Saint Should Know

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by SeekerLou

Originally posted by Annee

I was raised Christian and tried several different sects in my long life. Nothing compared to my Mormon experience. No traditional Christian church ever came close.

If I could find a Humanist group patterned after how the Mormon's are organized - - I'd join instantly.

Bounce around a lot, don't ya? Wouldn't it be nice to have things settled in your heart?

You can't be a raised Christian until you ARE one.

Ridiculous defensive nonsense - - for those who think they are "more" Christian then someone else

Just because something might have come out of an oven doesn't make it a biscuit, you know??. ... like cats born in old oven in barn...-

- what does that even mean?
Ask the Lord, Seek and ye shall find.

Let's make a scale: "How Christian are you?" If you don't measure up to SeekerLou - - you aren't Christian enough.

Nope ... not MY righteousness.... Jesus' ... Seeklou is noone but a witness to the One who is Worthy.

I live more Christlike then many (probably most) Christians.

Your opinion... I do not see proofs of this - not in here anyway...

What do you fear? That is a statement of someone in fear.

I have it settled in my heart but the only fear I have known is the Fear of the Lord and once you have this respect then comes knowledge and Wisdom ... The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

Psa 25:14 The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.

Pro 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

If there is a Jesus - - - then he knows me - - my thoughts - - my actions.
Agreed! YAH
And He also knows where you will be spending your eternity. Only He is Judge and Juror ..

And knows I do not need to be chained to a book written by man.
Disagree. As I believe it to be God breathed/inspired Word written FOR man.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou

Bounce around a lot, don't ya? Wouldn't it be nice to have things settled in your heart?

Keep trying - maybe you will get it some day.

NO I did not bounce around a lot. As a child I was very fortunate to have a variety of experiences.

As an adult - I spent at least a year with each group I tried.

Only He is Judge and Juror ..

Your belief - not mine.

edit on 22-5-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hollwd

lol, the whole poiont to the Creation Story was that they were created to be as a reflection of God from the beginning. What a car salesman! Giving someone something they already have.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Shake bee!!

Guess what is on the Utah state flag?!

Beehive

Helen Mar Kimball described her opposition to marrying Smith as that of a "small earthquake".

shakebee.me...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 24-4-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It's totally a false religion I prayed about it I'm very serious, I never looked up any anti Mormon websites one night i was supposed to read alma the missionaries asked me to i forgot and was looking up Egyptian, artifacts ( mind you this was 3 days ago) & some wired article came up in my search i was reading it it was about a cypher & these mason eye dr's called the oculists in the cypher they & their documents they said they were against masons & they had their initiation in it next day, the missionaries hit me up so I was skimming through the books, & messaging them on FB & i came across the tablets & something called "reformed Egyptian" & i was like umm that does not exist I looked up a copy on the JS tablets in this fake language it was identical to the oculist eye dr free masons cypher script & was reading the story on Kain an d able & mind you I know m y bible they fit in to the cain and able story a free mason initiation ritual, & saying " master Mahan" was evil Master mahan= master mason, oddly they started a bunch of lodges, The whole thing was wild everything i read off wired was their in Mormonism www.wired.com... but had nothing to do with it as far as i could tell. God is real Mormon's are a cult we were warned about in 3 places in the bible Galations1:1-12 & 2 Corinthians 11 & Jude I'll post em.
Galations1:1-12
1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead

2 And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia:

3 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,

4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

5 To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians Chapter 11:1-16
1 Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.

2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

5 For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles.

6 But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been throughly made manifest among you in all things.

7 Have I committed an offence in abasing myself that ye might be exalted, because I have preached to you the gospel of God freely?
8 I robbed other churches, taking wages of them, to do you service.

9 And when I was present with you, and wanted, I was chargeable to no man: for that which was lacking to me the brethren which came from Macedonia supplied: and in all things I have kept myself from being burdensome unto you, and so will I keep myself.

10 As the truth of Christ is in me, no man shall stop me of this boasting in the regions of Achaia.

11 Wherefore? because I love you not? God knoweth.

12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.

13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

16 I say again, Let no man think me a fool; if otherwise, yet as a fool receive me, that I may boast myself a little.

edit on 19-1-2015 by MorbiousStone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: hollwd
reply to post by Homedawg

Satan's first lie recorded in the Bible is in Genesis 3:5, "ye shall be as gods."

Genesis 3:4, records Satan's first lie...
" And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:"

To this day, the majority of churches continue to erroneously teach; that the soul lives on forever - following death.

The Bible teaches that you "sleep" during death, until the return of the Messiah - and the resurrection.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join