page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by SeekerLou

Originally posted by Annee

I was raised Christian and tried several different sects in my long life. Nothing compared to my Mormon experience. No traditional Christian church ever came close.

If I could find a Humanist group patterned after how the Mormon's are organized - - I'd join instantly.

Bounce around a lot, don't ya? Wouldn't it be nice to have things settled in your heart?

You can't be a raised Christian until you ARE one.

Ridiculous defensive nonsense - - for those who think they are "more" Christian then someone else

Just because something might have come out of an oven doesn't make it a biscuit, you know??. ... like cats born in old oven in barn...-

- what does that even mean?
Ask the Lord, Seek and ye shall find.

Let's make a scale: "How Christian are you?" If you don't measure up to SeekerLou - - you aren't Christian enough.

Nope ... not MY righteousness.... Jesus' ... Seeklou is noone but a witness to the One who is Worthy.

I live more Christlike then many (probably most) Christians.

Your opinion... I do not see proofs of this - not in here anyway...

What do you fear? That is a statement of someone in fear.

I have it settled in my heart but the only fear I have known is the Fear of the Lord and once you have this respect then comes knowledge and Wisdom ... The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

Psa 25:14 The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.

Pro 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

If there is a Jesus - - - then he knows me - - my thoughts - - my actions.
Agreed! YAH
And He also knows where you will be spending your eternity. Only He is Judge and Juror ..

And knows I do not need to be chained to a book written by man.
Disagree. As I believe it to be God breathed/inspired Word written FOR man.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou

Bounce around a lot, don't ya? Wouldn't it be nice to have things settled in your heart?

Keep trying - maybe you will get it some day.

NO I did not bounce around a lot. As a child I was very fortunate to have a variety of experiences.

As an adult - I spent at least a year with each group I tried.

Only He is Judge and Juror ..

Your belief - not mine.

edit on 22-5-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hollwd

lol, the whole poiont to the Creation Story was that they were created to be as a reflection of God from the beginning. What a car salesman! Giving someone something they already have.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Shake bee!!

Guess what is on the Utah state flag?!

Beehive

Helen Mar Kimball described her opposition to marrying Smith as that of a "small earthquake".

shakebee.me...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 24-4-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join