It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pagan and Occult Symbols in Mormonism: What Every Latter-day Saint Should Know

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Hi all,

I think it very important to share the information that I just came across.

My intention is to alert. But please do your own research into the matter and decide.

Ever since ancient times and throughout the Medieval Ages, these symbols have been used in Satanic worship. What influence caused these symbols to be used to decorate Mormonism's most prominent temple and LDS architecture?

Satan's first lie recorded in the Bible is in Genesis 3:5, "ye shall be as gods." The doctrines of "exaltation" and "celestial glory" (that people can evolve into gods and goddesses) are rooted in ancient witchcraft (see "A History of Witchcraft" by Jeffrey B. Russell, pp. 158-159; "Drawing Down the Moon" by Margot Adler, p. 25, and "Gnosis" by Kurt Rudolf, pp. 92-93) Yet, these doctrines, complete with the same terminology, are being perpetuated through the Mormon Church today. Satan is deceiving innocent, God-loving people into unknowingly following his oldest and most predominate lie, and he has left his mark all over Mormon temples.

Don't you wonder why the cross is nowhere to be found on Mormon temples and LDS Church buildings? The cross is where our victory over death took place, and yet the LDS Church won't have anything to do with it. The apostle Paul tells us that, "the preaching of the cross is to them that perish, foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God" (1 Cor. 1:18) Satan opposes the cross.

Read in full - Photos here:
Pagan and Occult Symbols in Mormonism:
mormonoutreach.org...

Masonic Symbols and the LDS Temple
By Sandra Tanner

In the Spring of 2002 the LDS Church completed its reconstruction of the Nauvoo Temple in Illinois. It was originally built in the 1840's but was destroyed after the Mormons abandoned the town. Due to the publicity and photos regarding this new temple many people have asked about the symbols on the building.

To understand the symbols one must first know something of Joseph Smith's involvement with Freemasonry. Joseph's brother, Hyrum, had been a Mason since the 1820's. Many other members of the LDS church, like Brigham Young, were Masons before they joined Mormonism. LDS historian Reed Durham observed:

"By 1840, John Cook Bennett, a former active leader in Masonry had arrived in Commerce [Nauvoo] and rapidly exerted his persuasive leadership in all facets of the Church, including Mormon Masonry. ... Joseph and Sidney [Rigdon] were inducted into formal Masonry...on the same day..." ("Is There No Help for the Widow's Son?" by Dr. Reed C. Durham, Jr., as printed in Joseph Smith and Masonry: No Help for the Widow's Son, Martin Pub. Co., Nauvoo, Ill., 1980, p. 17.)

Reed Durham further commented:

"I have attempted thus far to demonstrate that Masonic influences upon Joseph in the early Church history, preceding his formal membership in Masonry, were significant....In fact, I believe that there are few significant developments in the Church, that occurred after March 15, 1842, which did not have some Masonic interdependence." (Joseph Smith and Masonry: No Help for the Widow's Son,

Full article here and photos with history of these Masonic symbols, etc.:
www.utlm.org...

I realize there is symbolism nearly everywhere and for divers things. But this temple blew my mind.

What about those photos? I thought this was interesting in comparison.

Comments ?

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 6/4/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Great topic!

According to the late, great William Cooper, Mormonism is a disguised mystery religion structured as a secret society. He really presented some great information about Mormonism. All of the Luciferian/Pagan/Occult symbolism that are used by the Mormon church should be clear signals of what the founders and leaders are affiliated with.

edit on 4/5/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I'd be more worried about the blatant pagan idolatry rampant in the catholic church,,,this thread reeks of anti-romneyism

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

this thread reeks of anti-romneyism

My two cents are out of the bipartisan bickering. I really don't care the religion of any of the bought and paid for Republican or Democrat politicians.

The late, great William Cooper made reference to the Mormonism's links to the global cabal of mystery schools and secret societies long before this presidential campaign.

Here's a transcript to one of his greatest shows about Mormonism:

William Cooper's Mystery Babylon: Part 29 – The Godmakers and Bo Gritz

Search online for a stream, download, or YouTube video of this broadcast. It was a great listen. The entire 'Mystery Babylon' series was awesome.

William Cooper:

In fact, in no way, shape or form can the Mormon church be called, "Christian." They are essentially the same as those of cults in general and especially those of secret revolutionary groups working toward a takeover of the world. As one former teacher of Brigham Young University has said: "The Mormons do intend to take over the world. There is no secret about that -- it's in the writings of Joseph Smith right on down. The Constitution of the United States will 'hang by a thread' and the church will save it by establishing a theocracy."

The global goal, ladies and gentlemen, is a one-world government, as it is with all the branches of the Illuminati.

Of course, Mormon leaders call their empire the "kingdom of God." However, their "God" is an extraterrestrial from Kolob, definitely not the God of the Bible; and the "Zion" to which their spirit-brother-of-Lucifer Jesus Christ will return to reign is Independence, Missouri. Most Christians believe, as the Bible declares, that Christ will return to Jerusalem, Israel to establish His millennial kingdom, whereas Mormons believe that they must establish a worldwide Mormon kingdom dictated from their Missouri base in order to make it possible for Christ to return. Therein lies a great difference, which is why the Mormon hierarchy, beginning with Joseph Smith himself, has always had worldwide and absolute political power as its goal. Mormon historian Klaus J. Hansen has written, "The idea of a political kingdom of God, promulgated by a secret Council of Fifty, is by far the most important key to an understanding of the Mormon past." Mormon writer John J. Stewart has said: "The Prophet established a confidential Council of Fifty, or 'Ytfif,' (Fifty spelled backwards), comprised of both Mormons and non-Mormons, to help attend to temporal matters, including the eventual development of a one-world government, in harmony with preparatory plans for the second advent of the Saviour."

The close relationship between Masonry, the Mormon Priesthood and Joseph Smith's growing ambition to rule the world has been pointed out by a number of Mormon writers. Like the Temple ceremonies, the secret Council of Fifty grew out of Freemasonry. The Prophet's divine "revelation about the political kingdom of God" came just three weeks after the Nauvoo Masonic Lodge was installed and Smith became a Master Mason

The Mormon church is now, and has always been, a white Aryan racist organization, and until recently when threatened with lawsuits, they never allowed any other race then white Caucasians to belong. That's right, folks, and if you are a black American who belongs to the Mormon church, you have really been fooled. All of the secret organizations of Mystery Babylon are racist organizations.

All wealth and power is owned and controlled by the closely held Corporation of the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Inc.. You see, folks, church members who have faithfully and sacrificially contributed their tithes, time, and energy are absolutely powerless to demand an accounting or to change a single action by the First Presidency, even if all 5.2 million of them stood up in unison and "voted" unanimously for it.

The startling fact is that Mormon Church members have no vote or participation of any kind in the corporate entity that controls Mormondom. They can sincerely perform their functions as Bishops, Elders, High Priests and Sunday school superintendents all they wish, but in the real world[, the real world] of legal ownership and raw power they are only 5.2 million pawns. Pawns, fools if you will, subject to manipulation from the top. All of this is part of a secret kingdom that Jeffrey Kaye has called the "Invisible Empire" and about which most Mormons have only the vaguest notions, if they have any notions at all. This theocracy was alluded to by late Apostle Bruce R. McConkie: "Through this church and kingdom a framework has been built through which the full government of God will eventually operate."

R.I.P.
William Milton Cooper

edit on 4/6/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I was a Mormon from birth......
By 10 or so i was asking such embarrassing questions that i had to sit with the adults in sunday school because i corrupted the other children.
My questions had to do with the propaganda of both church and goverment.
Questions like
Why cant black men hold the priesthood in the church?
Why cant women hold the priesthood?
Arent the principals of mormonism and communism about the same?
I could never understand why the communists were so bad when we ourselves espoused a similar future for mankind......
I soon found out that there were no real answers and by 16 i was ready to go.....though i never escaped till a bit later.
They run down cults, and they are one basically.....talk about double speak double think....
I cant remember any asians that held the preisthood either come to think about it....
Perhaps the asian mind set is immune to the doctrine...........
I can tell you that the death of Joseph Smith has two stories....the mormon one, and the facts.
The real scoop on Mormonism can be found in a slim book called the Doctrine, and Covenants, and The Pearl of Great Price......Forget the book of mormon and check out the former........
One looks at the way of life of the church and one sees that the church itself is a baby factory....making its own
expanding membership, and strengtheneing ties between far flung branches to maintain a tightly knit org.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
this smells like anti-Romney.... I hope I'm not the only one who sees that...

Also I feel that the mormon outreach site is a little out there...

The Bible also says

When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7

the second part is the pentagram

Mormon apologists have quickly come to their church's defense by insisting that pentagrams have historically been a positive symbol and only recently have become a symbol of evil, therefore concluding that any comparison to the Nauvoo pentagrams is nothing more than sensationalism.

More information on the Pentagram

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

this smells like anti-Romney.... I hope I'm not the only one who sees that...

I have no idea what the op's intentions are. However, my posting history will prove that I have no affiliations with any political party or politician and I adhere to no religion. My participation in this thread is based upon a sincere interest in Mormonism's links to mystery schools and secret societies.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
the cross is found not only at the temple square, but in all lds churches.
the cross is pagan too though lol.
find out what is wrong with your religion first then get on other religions.
you will find that they are all evil, along with the symbolism that you copy pasted here.
no matter how you look at it from outside its all the same.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
All symbols used to represent a people following God are Pagan in origin. From the cross, to the star of David and the crescent moon. For some reason all these Abrahamic religions forgot about the "don't make graven images" thingy that God commanded. I 've always found this puzzling....
edit on 6-4-2012 by wearewatchingyouman because: clarity

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Still
Think
More concern should be directed at Catholics and their " pope" and all the power that little setup wields over half the worlds population,,,,"Vatican City"??They have their own freaking country

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

If you have nothing to discuss in regards to Mormonism and Pagan/Occult Symbology... why don't you leave this thread?

If you have such an issue about the Catholic Church... why not make a thread about it instead of going off-topic in this one?

Peace.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
What really got me gigglin was "wheres the cross?!??!?"

Isnt it funny how readily these fools see the sliver in their brothers eye and not the log in their own.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Very interesting topic OP. The ties between Freemasonry and Mormonism are available for any and all to research, but alas, most shrug their shoulders in ignorance or try to derail. Many LDS ex-members have written about the Mormon rulituals involving Lucifer and that they symbolically represent worship of Lucifer - just as Freemason Pike states in his writings. A very disturbing imagery that they present in their main temple is Adam and Eve making an offering to God, but the offering is of crops and the lamb sits besides the alter. This is disturbing as it represents Cain's offering. Pure Luciferianism - God is evil and 'Lucifer'' is good.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The Mormon Church is like Freemasonry in organisation as well.....
Those in the high seat wield absolute power and are obeyed without question.....
The prophet is deemed to be on a direct line to God.Like the pope is.............
And the lower you sit on the totem, the less you actually know about what the leadership intends for the people.
I have to grin at the obvious connection to the freemasons a little, because for years our church met every sunday at the freemasons hall......till we had raised the cash to build a church of our own.........
...................probly coinky- dink right?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This is at least your 2nd thread on attacking Mormonism.

You seem to have a personal grudge against them.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
What really got me gigglin was "wheres the cross?!??!?"

Isnt it funny how readily these fools see the sliver in their brothers eye and not the log in their own.

Mormons don't use a cross.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by violence=answer
the cross is found not only at the temple square, but in all lds churches.

Can you show me the cross in temple square?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The founder of the Mormon Church, Joseph Smith" referred to the temple ceremony as "Celestial Masonry". He was, self admittedly, a 33rd level mason in the Scottish Rite. Even the clothing used in the temple ceremony is Scottish...

His occult past and affiliation according to LDS historian Dr. Reed Durham.

"There is absolutely no question in my mind that the Mormon ceremony which came to be known as the Endowment, introduced by Joseph Smith to Mormon Masons, had an immediate inspiration from Masonry. This is not to suggest that no other source of inspiration could have been involved, but the similarities between the two ceremonies are so apparent and overwhelming that some dependent relationship cannot be denied. They are so similar, in fact, that one writer was led to refer to the Endowment as Celestial Masonry."

www.irr.org...

Here is a good site for pics:
Sinister Sites vigilantcitizen.com...

I was born and raised Mormon, seved an LDS mission, attended BYU and was married in the Temple. I think I have cred on this one.

You might have noticed the pentagram in my avatar???? Its RIGHT SIDE UP, unlike the ones that adorn temple square. Though one may rightly say that the position is meaningless. I am an avowed occultist now. My only beef with the LDS Church is their deception regarding their occult beliefs, not the beliefs themselves.

Mormon garments, worn under regular clothing for protection from harm both energetic and physical, contain sewn in marks of the square and compass over the nipples, another straight horizontal line over the navel and the right knee. Mormons are encouraged to cut these marks out and burn them when their garments are worn out, before they are discarded. The temple clothing includes a white great kilt, a white sash, a white tam o shanter cap and a green apron made to look like leaves. The apron is a sign of the priesthood and power held by the wearer. Its interesting to note that Satan plays a large roll in the ceremony and he also has the same clothing, minus the hat, and speaks of his own apron as a symbol of his power and authority. He appears in the ceremony when Adam and Eve petition God for answers. He introduces himsef as "the God of this world".

More details here:
Exmormon.org
CHAPTER XVIX
MASONRY & THE MORMON
TEMPLE CEREMONY
www.exmormon.org...

Is there a templar connection as well?
TemplarHistory.com
blog.templarhistory.com...

In the big picture, ALL religion is based in occult theology and EVERY religion has its mystery school. Chances are YOUR religion is just as drenched in it. Kinda makes you go hmmmmmm, doesn't it?

edit on 6-4-2012 by PapaKrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Threads like this are ridiculous. There is symbolism in everything. Who cares?

In another thread the Masons are hogging the square and the compass like they own them.

My God, it will get to the point that we can't use a triangle for fear of pissing off the Egyptians.

Where does the absurdity end?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
It is amazing to me that with so much valid information readily available, people curious about the LDS faith always rely on books and information written by disgruntled ex-members (Sandra Tanner) or persons who have little or no understanding of what the LDS church is all about. If you are curious about what Mormons believe, check the white pages for the Mormon Missionaries near you and they can answer your questions. Or call the local Bishop (sometimes listed in the white pages) or call the 800 number at www.lds.org. You will get direct answers regarding why there are no crosses in LDS churches, what the temple ceremonies are all about, and what goes on in the church. I believe the mormon financial records are also available for anyone that wants to examine them.

As for why no black members were allowed to hold the priesthood prior to 1978 - it's a historical fact that only very few people were able to hold the priesthood in biblical times. The priesthood has always been restricted. The latest hoorah about the LDS church being racist raised the issue that it was most likely the feelings of a very few church leaders more than 150 years ago that brought about the restriction, and most likely due to the political and social structure of the time. When church leaders realized the practice was probably not based on any doctrine from God, they investigated the matter and upon receiving spiritual confirmation, announced the restriction would end. In the last month, church leaders have very emphatically stated racism has no place in the church, and while they can't change the past, they will ensure it does not occur in the present or the future. As for similarities to Masonic beliefs, I've heard it is thought that the Masonic beliefs themselves can be traced back to Biblical times and it is very likely that the Masons got their start in religious teachings of God's people in Abrahamic times. So rather than the church borrowing from the Masons, it's the other way around - the Masonic rituals are very likely based on information revealed to religious persons worshipping in ancient biblical temples.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join