It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predator Drones In Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted before. I'm sure some of you by now have heard that the U.S. will use their drones on the border of Canada, not only on the Mexico side. Here is a video from last year talking about it;

I've never personally seen one until today. Well today I seen 3 making multiple passes, and it was far from the border, it was deep in a suburban area of Windsor. They didn't look like they were new models, they looked pretty outdated to be honest, but someone recently told me that Canada was getting a big shipment of 1st generation surveillance technology. Could this be that deal or are these American drones flying over? I wish I got some photos or videos but when I finally found my iPod they were done passing, go figure. Anyways, they were flying very low and doing erratic manoeuvres which I witnessed from my back porch, I was astounded at how close they were to the houses. Pretty crazy!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I expect to see more of these within the borders at some point in the next 10 years or so.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Scary, how long till we have headlines like " Al Qaeda Terrorist group blown up with drone near Mexico/Canada border" or even strikes in the US "aimed at terrorists"?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Predator drones - I call them 'Random People Killers'.

The borders feel like containment barriers for Americans.

Why?

I feel sorry for good citizens in our sister countries who are being painted with bright bullseye targets on their backs.

The world isn't supposed to be this way.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
i hope we didn't buy em.
with our track record with second hand military crap, i think it's gonna be raining drones soon in canada if so

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
If i had a clear shot at one id take it......
Theres no reason we need these invasive aircraft flying around without a competant pilo ABOARD.....
Radio links can be jammed or broken up by sun spots etc....what then?
The thing goes down wherever oit loses radio contact.........
Besides we are not america.......we dont want to be america......somebody tell that SOB Harper......

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Two things will affect my opinion on this: if they will be armed and if they will stay in American airspace.

If it turns out that armed drones would be patrolling the border, then I would be very upset, to the point of openly protesting to my government. Even if they are the unarmed variants doing patrols for a period of time, I can't help but imagine that eventually the American government would come up with some excuse to send up ones that are packing heat.

If they're simply surveillance drones with no offensive weaponry, then I could care less how many they send up. Look all you want: it's Canada. We're not up to anything. (Hope you don't discover our plans for world domination, eh? Take off, hoser!) But just keep them out of Canadian airspace.

My main concern is that the majority of news reports that I've heard and read concerning these drones are the ones that seem to blow up buildings full of children in Pakistan. Now I know the premise of an armed American drone crossing into Canadian airspace and blowing stuff up is a far-fetched one, but is it really? Who's to say what it will be like in 10 years?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel_X
My main concern is that the majority of news reports that I've heard and read concerning these drones are the ones that seem to blow up buildings full of children in Pakistan. Now I know the premise of an armed American drone crossing into Canadian airspace and blowing stuff up is a far-fetched one, but is it really? Who's to say what it will be like in 10 years?

That's what I'm worried about, not the current scenario we're in now, but a possible future one where the events are unpredictable. Imagine there was a group of Canadians who wanted to protest in non-violent ways to protect their rights and they were being monitored from the sky. They are TOTALLY peaceful but because they are challenging the status quo they are deemed a threat to national security, what's stopping the Predator's from firing then? It's their word against ours and we all know who the government sides with...themselves.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Wonderful! Now hundreds of campers who stray across an unmarked border will be arrested as terrorists!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beobachter
Scary, how long till we have headlines like " Al Qaeda Terrorist group blown up with drone near Mexico/Canada border" or even strikes in the US "aimed at terrorists"?

And it won't be long after that when headlines read, "Group of hikers accidentally targeted by military drones wrongly suspected of being Al Qaeda.

top topics

join