It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible for there to be two Suns in 2012?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I guess it depends on how we define a second sun or how our ancestors interpret it.
A star could go supernova creating the appearance of a second sun. Betelgeuse is an example of one.
When could it go? Who knows.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
We cant even find a planet with life on it. If a sun was near us we would find it. Y do people believe this bs

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Flowmaster05

Within seconds of each other, I know it's either an illusion or a sensor overload, I'm just highlighting a possible explanation for the "two suns"

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
yes and periodically due to ellipse...

binary system.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Not sure what you are getting at here. You think that a second Sun could exist?

I gather you are suggesting somethign about an orbit.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I often have dreams that involve two suns,there are metaphysical theorie I've read on a blog about how there is a second sun,one material, our sun is actually representation,a symbol of god,and the second true sun that is god itself.It sounds messed up,but we don't have to take everything literally.Just a theory.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Just a weird vid I saw on youtube

youtu.be...

"two suns rising"

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Binary star systems are common in the universe. We however are not in a binary star system.

... yet.

There are many predictions about the coming of a second sun. Kraspedon was told about such eventuality, Nostradamus mentioned it, and there's another 'contact' individual who has written about an energy-mass-collection that seems to be drifting towards our solar system and is drawn to the sun - that could then become another sun, activated by our sun's rays. This was written in the year 1987, as far as I remember. I could some day try to translate that part to english for everyone to see, if there's enough interest.

But the point is, there may be a second sun, or it might be that there won't be a second sun. If the second sun did appear and get activated, it would change a lot of things in this solar system, including the orbital distances and such.

If something like that was already happening, you can bet we would know it from the magnetic effects that would seriously mess things up on the planet. Most of us would probably not be here reporting about it, calmly sipping tea from our designer teacups, utilizing the fully working internet.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

most solar systems have binary star systems that is the norm. If we had a brown star as a companion sun and it was on a long orbit then me may not have detected it yet. The universe is a very big place..

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

most solar systems have binary star systems that is the norm. If we had a brown star as a companion sun and it was on a long orbit then me may not have detected it yet. The universe is a very big place..

That's not true. Only about 1/3 of star system are multiple stars.

Stars such as our Sun usually are not paired.

IRAS data made a companion brown star unlikely. WISE made it basically impossible.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
These people pretty much stole the idea from a scifi book, trying to find the name of the book now.

Oh yeah duh, 2061: space odyssey 3

They turn Jupiter into a second sun in the book. Don't know the scientific possibility of it myself, would e cool to see. However we do not haves second sun

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

In our galaxy single star systems are the norm. If a yellow dwarf (like our Sun) is in a multi-star system its companion is almost always another yellow dwarf. Then there's also the fact that brown dwarfs appear 1/6 as frequently as other types of stars. So it would be extremely rare for a star like our Sun to have a brown dwarf companion. Throw in the fact that such a star would have appeared in the IRAS or WISE data and it becomes almost impossible for such a star to be lurking out there.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

you ask why can the cell phone see something the eye can't.

Get your cell phone and your tv remote.

Go view your camera as if taking a picture.

aim your remote at the camera, notice how you camera can pick up the inferred beams of light.

Maybe its inferred.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
If Betelgeuse went supernova it would appear as a second sun on earth for a few weeks. It is expected to go supernova in the near future. It is possible that it will happen in 2012 but it could also be thousands of years before it blows.

Earth 'to get second sun' as supernova turns night into day

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 19-6-2012 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

I am well aware that digital cameras can detect the EM spectrum into the infrared. That is why I mentioned IRAS and WISE. They are infrared detectors. Notice that Xcalibur254 also mentioned the IR observatories.

That is what is primarily emitted by brown dwarfs although they are also good reflectors of the optical rnage. If an object is close enough it would be picked up in whole sky surveys.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join