It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Peer reviewed paper" oops.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

SEPP v1.0 Published in the peer-reviewed Journal of Nuclear Physics Publication (32) April 2012

Link

Ioannis Xydous, an engineer from Greece has posted a "peer reviewed" paper on his website. Unfortunately, no one told him that the Journal of Nuclear Physics is just a blog. Created by Andrea Rossi.

When it first popped up, there was a dead professor on the board supposedly "reviewing" submitted works.

That's a shame.

Ioannis' site.

Rossi's blog.
edit on 5-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

So, he was trying to get it peer reviewed and he just thought it was because of his posting it there?
But, who was dead?
I'm kind of confused. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

From his site;

Mass less
Neutrino
Anti-Vortex
No Charge...

And the images of those vortex's? Whew!
The one on the left reminds me of the Norway spiral. Sorry to mention an off-topic item, I better read that 2nd link!

I don't care for an April 1st edition...

Electrifying!
edit on (4/5/1212 by loveguy because:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by boncho

So, he was trying to get it peer reviewed and he just thought it was because of his posting it there?
But, who was dead?
I'm kind of confused. Thanks.

My apologies, without everyone following the Rossi developments I can see how I failed to provide an adequate picture.

Over a year ago, a person named Andrea Rossi, claimed to have developed a commercially viable (sort of) cold fusion device.

Thread on Rossi.

Related thread.

Rossi and his work were rejected by science journals so he did the next best thing, he created his own in the form of a blog. On the original board of scientists or supposed ones, there was a member of a New Hampshire university listed, problem was he was already deceased.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Thank you for trying to clarify for me.
How does the fact that the professor was dead affect his legitimacy?
Do you think he may have been sabotaged because the oil (greedy) tycoons don't want free energy?

edit on 5-4-2012 by Clearskies because: of letters.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by boncho

Thank you for trying to clarify for me.
How does the fact that the professor was dead affect his legitimacy?
Do you think he may have been sabotaged because the oil (greedy) tycoons don't want free energy?

edit on 5-4-2012 by Clearskies because: of letters.

No. I do not think "Big Oil" has anything to do with Rossi's failures. He is still out there actively marketing his device for sale. He has been caught in a number of lies since coming on to the public stage, and while in the beginning he said he never wanted a dime until his machine worked for his customers, his actions have been anything close.

A dead person listed on the blog which is supposed to be "peer reviewed", I don't think a dead person can be that active. Here was the original list that were supposedly reviewing papers for the "Journal"

ng. Andrea A. Rossi, Inventor Prof. Sergio Focardi (INFN – University of Bologna – Italy) Prof. Giuseppe Levi (INFN – University of Bologna – Italy) Prof. Stremmenos Christos (Athen University – Greece) Prof. Alberto Carnera (INFM – University of Padova – Italy) Prof. Pierluca Rossi (University of Bologna – Italy) Prof. Luciana Malferrari (University of Bologna – Italy) Prof. George Kelly (University of New Hampshire – USA) Sterling D. Allan, Advisor, webmaster Hank Mills, Web content

[ Read more: www.esowatch.com...

At the time, there was no George Kelly at UNH. The only one in the faculty had expired.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Oh, I see now.
Poor Mr. Xydous! That IS sad.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
When did Prof. George Kelly die? Did he conduct any work on this before he died? Just because an actor dies half way through filming a movie does not mean his name is left off the credits.

You still may be right and it is professional misconduct, but I have not seen any explanations for why this name is there.

Could it be that big oil bumped him of as well

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
When did Prof. George Kelly die? Did he conduct any work on this before he died? Just because an actor dies half way through filming a movie does not mean his name is left off the credits.

You still may be right and it is professional misconduct, but I have not seen any explanations for why this name is there.

Could it be that big oil bumped him of as well

George Kelly or George Kelley (April 28, 1905 – March 6, 1967) was an American psychologist, therapist and educator. He was best known for developing Personal Construct Psychology.

That was the only professor George Kelly at UNH.

Rossi was asked about it where he said:

Rossi: I do not know him well. I met him ten years ago when I made a
test of a Seebeck Effect apparatus in the UNH. Anybody can enter in the
Board Of Advisers of the Journal Of Nuclear Physics (Rossis egen
websajt, reds anm) so far he wants to make for free (the Journal pays
nobody, is based only upon voluntary free work)a peer reviewing.
Everybody is free to enter and to go out when he wants. It is necessary
to be a University Professor in Scientific matter. Prof. Kelly is
specialized in Environmental Engineering, as I remember.

Link

That's nice. So a supposedly "peer reviewed journal" (blog) allows anyone in the adviser position as long as they are a Professor.

Yet there was no professor at UNH named George Kelly, save the one that died in '67. Who's field was psychology not physics.

Rossi, nonchalantly says it's some other George Kelly.... But... No more of an explanation is given.

That's it. "Some other guy, not sure who exactly" is not really adequate for something that tries to fool people into believing it is a scientific journal.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I am not sure what is going on there, it obviously is not the psychology professor. There are about 63 "George Kelly" listings in Linkedin, some are listed with environment and other engineering.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

reply to post by boncho

I am not sure what is going on there, it obviously is not the psychology professor. There are about 63 "George Kelly" listings in Linkedin, some are listed with environment and other engineering.

George Kelly (University of New Hampshire – USA)

Which one is a professor at UNH?

Right...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I do not know what George Kelly's role was, if any at UNH. I am sure there are answers for those go digging.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

reply to post by boncho

I do not know what George Kelly's role was, if any at UNH. I am sure there are answers for those go digging.

George Kelly is listed as a professor from UNH on Rossi's blog. There is only one at the university.

His role was a psychologist.

His Wiki

Clear?
edit on 5-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Your argument is clear, but the conclusions are insufficient to draw any determination for the reason and cause behind the inconsistency you raise.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Your argument is clear, but the conclusions are insufficient to draw any determination for the reason and cause behind the inconsistency you raise.

You're being obtuse. The journal listed a professor that is either dead or does not exist. When Rossi was directly asked about the inconsistency, he merely said:

I do not know him well. I met him ten years ago when I made a test of a Seebeck Effect apparatus in the UNH.
, that is not a sufficient answer to a question raised about an adviser who is claimed to review material for something you are pawning off as a peer reviewed journal.

Peer reviewed journals keep quite good documentation of people involved in their publications.

Rossi's answer was not adequate. He hasn't provided the person, so the only thing we are left with is the original information that states George Kelly is from UNH, and he is a professor (As Rossi claims all reviewers of his journal (blog) are.

George Kelly (University of New Hampshire – USA)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

No, I am providing Rossi the benefit of the doubt until these inconsistencies can be clarified. Innocent until proven guilty is the standard provided by law.

It is quite clear that Prof George Kelly in psychology who died in 1967 and listed on the UNH website is not the same George Kelly that is referenced in Rossi's work. There are however quite a few George Kelly's around and it is very likely in reference to one of these, as for which one I do not know. It is also possible that the involved George Kelly did have some role at UNH at the time, be it a student, tutor, consultant or some other minor role. Being ten years ago does make it hard in tracking. There is also a possibility that the involved George Kelly had nothing to do with UNH and it is a miscommunication further confusing the situation.

By the sounds of it, the role that George Kelly played is a minor but important one that helped influence Rossi. It is not uncommon to lose track of work colleges and other people that help us out along the way.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

No, I am providing Rossi the benefit of the doubt until these inconsistencies can be clarified. Innocent until proven guilty is the standard provided by law.

Did you miss the interview with Rossi? He had the chance to clarify and he only further confused the matter. He says he really isn't sure which George Kelly it was.

Ever heard of guilty in absentia?

It is also possible that the involved George Kelly did have some role at UNH at the time, be it a student, tutor, consultant or some other minor role.

That does not matter because Rossi's blog says that only professors are allowed to review submitted papers. There is no professor at UNH named George Kelly Case closed.

Being ten years ago does make it hard in tracking.

Are you joking? He is listed as an active member of the journal (blog), how do you now know who someone is? I'm sorry, but I know all my colleagues by name. I even know some I haven't met by name.

By the sounds of it, the role that George Kelly played is a minor but important one that helped influence Rossi.

No. No. No.

No, he is listed as a active member of Rossi's project, and supposed reviewing Rossi's work. So no. You don't lose track of those people.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join