It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons why I believe the sun is more luminous and why it matters to you

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by lordpiney

thanks, I'll have a lookie. looks about right at first glance...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by shortsticks

Huge changes ahead that will affect the entire solar system if not much much more. I believe that what the world will experience will be greatly excellerated and utterly profound in ways unimaginable.

In my personal belief this unique time in history coincides with The Book of Revelations and The Word of God.

www.zerotime.com...

www.revelationbibleprophecy.org...

The earth, sun, stars, oceans and solar system occurences that are uniquely witnessed all over the earth coincide also with the entire political and human macro/microcosm of this world relating to the 'true' condition of man in the raging war against the soul.

Ultimately when you see this level of change in the cosmos it always relates internally to mankind and our relationship with G-d and the destiny of our souls. These extreme earth and solar system changes are never separated from what we as human beings are going through within our souls and free will.

Luke 21:25-28
25And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

26Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

27And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

28And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
edit on 5-4-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

while we may have a different opinion on who God is, still:

well-said.

and it's also like my favorite poster has said here or elsewhere, it's because of tptb that we are in this particular mess in the first place. imagine a world where we are truly part of nature again, free from liars. thats not a fantasy, that's the reality soon to become. that's not doom and gloom, that's hope! and what we all long for. at least I do.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
It seems to me you might be on to something. I'm not buying the alignment or warnings or anything like that. I do believe the Sun has changed, is whiter and brighter. Any thoughts on why that would be?

Long time gardener, weather watcher since the '70's. Yes the sun is now white, not yellow. And also pre-70's I remember winning prizes at school for my drawings of the sun and landscapes. We all pulled a yellow crayon for the color of the sun; nowadays it would be a white one. Others on this site have said that this is due to an atmospheric change. I don't recall the details of their explanations.
edit on 4/5/2012 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

i was the originator of this idea btw, what color did you color the sun as a kid?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Sticks...the Sun is in a period of High Solar Flare activity lately and this is cyclical in Nature. The amount of interstellar Gases that our Sun maybe absorbing is minimal compared to other Stars that are deep within many Nebula in the Cosmos....this tends to shorten the Lifespan of a Star and those Stars will Burn faster....but our Sun is not undergoing any major issues right now that would threaten us other than some large Solar Flares which can create EMP's or Large Flares which can overload Satellites and Shut Down Electrical Grid systems and...etc.

As far as looking directly at the Sun....even at Sunset...this is a No No. This will cause damage to your eyes so do yourself a favor and buy some Sunfiltering Lenses....these are not cheap Sunglasses...but lenses designed to allow you to gaze at the Sun. I have a good size telescope and I have Sun and Moon Light Filters as even looking at the Reflected Sunlight from the Moon through a Telescope can cause Eye or Retina Damage.

Good Luck! Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

It was Yellow up to the mid '80s.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I must've flunked the New Age Worthiness test, nothing skyward (day or night) looks any different to me now than it did when I was a kid. My tanning rate hasn't even changed, so there goes my dreams of a nice bronzing super-fast. Even my first digital outdoor photos in the late 90's don't look any different compared to today (wait, wait, somebody's going to claim Sony Mavica cams were part of some photographic conspiracy to hide the changes in the sun)

I liken this "visual phenomena" to the power of suggestion & say, phantom scents. If you haven't tried to convince someone of total BS before, try it. It's amazing how in just a few minutes, the power of suggestion can convince people nowhere near blooming jasmine or lavender that they're smelling the freshest whiffs of it. I personally believe a great deal of wishful thinking goes in to it, as well.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Sticks...the Sun is in a period of High Solar Flare activity lately and this is cyclical in Nature. The amount of interstellar Gases that our Sun maybe absorbing is minimal compared to other Stars that are deep within many Nebula in the Cosmos....this tends to shorten the Lifespan of a Star and those Stars will Burn faster....but our Sun is not undergoing any major issues right now that would threaten us other than some large Solar Flares which can create EMP's or Large Flares which can overload Satellites and Shut Down Electrical Grid systems and...etc.

As far as looking directly at the Sun....even at Sunset...this is a No No. This will cause damage to your eyes so do yourself a favor and buy some Sunfiltering Lenses....these are not cheap Sunglasses...but lenses designed to allow you to gaze at the Sun. I have a good size telescope and I have Sun and Moon Light Filters as even looking at the Reflected Sunlight from the Moon through a Telescope can cause Eye or Retina Damage.

Good Luck! Split Infinity

you have to first do some work on your reading comprehension, because I've already stated twice that I don't look at the sun, for obvious reasons.

second, this little thing you mention about our electrical systems going down because of a solar flare shouldn't be minimized. when a carrington event takes place, this will leave us w/o power for a long time, and most people will die in a matter of a month or two. this is not something to be trivialized.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
stars evolve. and naturally grow bigger. it's happening right now, so it's not that hard to believe.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

you got it sister!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah
I must've flunked the New Age Worthiness test, nothing skyward (day or night) looks any different to me now than it did when I was a kid. My tanning rate hasn't even changed, so there goes my dreams of a nice bronzing super-fast. Even my first digital outdoor photos in the late 90's don't look any different compared to today (wait, wait, somebody's going to claim Sony Mavica cams were part of some photographic conspiracy to hide the changes in the sun)

I liken this "visual phenomena" to the power of suggestion & say, phantom scents. If you haven't tried to convince someone of total BS before, try it. It's amazing how in just a few minutes, the power of suggestion can convince people nowhere near blooming jasmine or lavender that they're smelling the freshest whiffs of it. I personally believe a great deal of wishful thinking goes in to it, as well.

lol you mean the mavica with the built in floppy disk drive for ... well, floppies? haha

wishful thinking, perhaps. or perhaps a bit of reality. it's hard to stomach, tho, that i'll give you.

if you have any pics with time stamps on them, then please by all means, back your claims. even if recent computers don't have floppies anymore, I'm sure you've saved them all digitally in some form or fashion.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
stars evolve. and naturally grow bigger. it's happening right now, so it's not that hard to believe.

right on. but since they try an convince us of the non nature of the EU which is pure fantasy (believing otherwise that is), for most it is hard to believe. it's like a fish trying to swim upstream. can be done, but the bears are also there too of course.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah
Even my first digital outdoor photos in the late 90's don't look any different compared to today (wait, wait, somebody's going to claim Sony Mavica cams were part of some photographic conspiracy to hide the changes in the sun)

It changed from yellow to white in the mid '80s. Your post is moot.
edit on 4/5/2012 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

yeah I don't know when it exactly changed, but it DID change.

i'll tell you tho how difficult a concept this is for the average person. take my own mom for example. last year I asked her if she had noticed if the sun were any brighter or not. she said of all her 60 plus years of being on this earth, she has NOT noticed a difference in the sun. when things change so gradually, it's again like the frog in a pot of soon-to-be boiling water. the changes can be imperceptible. and my mom is not a disinfo agent lol we all have our perceptions, and to disagree doesn't make someone of any less caliber. at least, this I remind myself of when someone disagrees with me lol thanks mom.

oh and btw after I told her my opinion on the matter, she admitted that she could be wrong. yes, the power of suggestion... lol

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Sticks...you stated that you could look at the sun for a few minutes....this will create damage to your eyes. I read what you posted. Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Ive always loved art and take special notice of the colors around me, it has changed. My son agrees with me, he recalls it changing. Nowadays its so white you feel like you're being irradiated like a bug.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The sun is not in the same spectrum .

Also the color is explained in the bottom link.

www.nasa.gov...

www.realclimate.org...

www.universetoday.com...

solar-center.stanford.edu...

and

www.grantchronicles.com...

edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: info

edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Sticks...you stated that you could look at the sun for a few minutes....this will create damage to your eyes. I read what you posted. Split Infinity

I already said where I said minutes, I meant to say moments. sorry for the confusion.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

yeah it's just so damn bright, even an hour after sunrise, it almost gives me the chills. there's no denying this. reason why i've jumped on board so staunchly. there's not a damn thing we can do, even tptb with all their resources, can do no more than cower in their bunkers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join