It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

23 Minutes in Hell Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I read this book "23 Minutes in Hell" and felt very strongly he was telling it true. The description of Hell in the book was so brutal to read that I had to put the book down for awhile as it was getting me depressed.

He really uses a great deal of scripture pertaining to the topic to help the listener/viewer understand.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Well you see there is this concept that people will write anything to make a buck, if he described hell with that much detail then he must of surely been there, therefore he would be a sinner, therefore most god fearing people would not read the book. Use your head sheeplez

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

sad_eyed_lady:

I do believe your intentions were noble, and you are trying to spread the Gospel.

But you're going about it the wrong way.

By helping further the misconception that Hell is a place where souls are eternally tormented...

You are in turn painting a negative and false image of The Most High.

We are here to deny ignorance, and we cannot spread the message of Christ by spreading a false interpretation of Sheol.

Selah

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Hypothetically speaking, and aimed at no one: What if at the end of your life, their is no ultimate being judging your deeds on earth, but instead it's yourself watching every moment of your life from an outside perspective in their true form, not what your brain chose to remember, and in that scenario, Could you bear to watch yourself live?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Deafseeingeyedog

I think what you're describing is what a lot of Christians already believe happens in our life review.

And I'm sure some of the moments will be cringeworthy...
edit on 4/4/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Newagekid2012
Well you see there is this concept that people will write anything to make a buck, if he described hell with that much detail then he must of surely been there, therefore he would be a sinner, therefore most god fearing people would not read the book. Use your head sheeplez

The height of ignorance is to judge something without knowing the facts. If you watched the video you would have not spoken these words.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

This is very bible scripture based. I put it out here for those who might be interested which is probably .09% of the ATS members (excuse me if you see that as too generous or slight).

I put it out here because the book made a great impression on me and thought someone else might appreciate this man's presentation which is very close to the book.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

No, it's really not.

Their is nothing biblical about a Hell where people are kept alive in agony.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Newagekid2012

You didn't listen to anything he said.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

No, it's really not.

Their is nothing biblical about a Hell where people are kept alive in agony.

That is certainly not true brother.

edit on 4-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Mr.Wiese backed his statements with scripture. If Hell doesn't last an eternity, why would you presume that Heaven would?

2 Thessalonians 1:9

9 These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

sad_eyed_lady:

I do believe your intentions were noble, and you are trying to spread the Gospel.

But you're going about it the wrong way.

By helping further the misconception that Hell is a place where souls are eternally tormented...

You are in turn painting a negative and false image of The Most High.

We are here to deny ignorance, and we cannot spread the message of Christ by spreading a false interpretation of Sheol.

Selah

Sheol = grave (death)

Hades = hell (those awaiting Great White Throne Judgement)

Lake of Fire = Death and hell will be cast into it only after the GWTJ.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Hell is eternal torment as Jesus said. So why are you promoting false gospel? Are you a Christian Universalist?
edit on 5-4-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Hell is eternal torment as Jesus said. So why are you promoting false gospel? Are you a Christian Universalist?

I don't think he/she is a Universalist, but an Annihilationalist. They believe the wicked will simply be annihilated.

Iason321, if i'm incorrect forgive me and correct me.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

That's about it.

I believe Hell is nothing more than the atheists conception of death that happens to everybody.

It is the common grave of mankind.

I do believe the inhabitants of hell will be raised up for the Great white throne judgement, and the nonbeliever will be cast into the lake of fire and perish for eternity, the second death.

I could get into more intricate details of my afterlife beliefs if need be....

I do believe there is a pit in Hell where fallen angels / satan / demons etc may be kept alive in a sort of dungeon / prison, its referenced once in the NT as Tartarus / Tartaroo and translated into Hell.

There is only 1 word in the entire OT translated into Hell - Sheol

There are three words in the NT translated into Hell - Hades, Gehenna, and (once) Tartaroo

Sheol/Hades are synonymous with eachother, they are the adobe of the dead.
Gehenna is a reference to the Lake of fire / a place where the wicked will be incinerated and tortured with eternal hellfire.
Sodom and Gommorah were destroyed with eternal hellfire. The cities are not burning still, but the effects of that awesome fire are still felt today, and will be felt, eternally.

Tartaroo is the closest resemblence to "hell" as we know it, and I believe only non-human spirits inhabit it.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

reply to post by NOTurTypical

That's about it.

I believe Hell is nothing more than the atheists conception of death that happens to everybody.

It is the common grave of mankind.

I do believe the inhabitants of hell will be raised up for the Great white throne judgement, and the nonbeliever will be cast into the lake of fire and perish for eternity, the second death.

I could get into more intricate details of my afterlife beliefs if need be....

I do believe there is a pit in Hell where fallen angels / satan / demons etc may be kept alive in a sort of dungeon / prison, its referenced once in the NT as Tartarus / Tartaroo and translated into Hell.

There is only 1 word in the entire OT translated into Hell - Sheol

There are three words in the NT translated into Hell - Hades, Gehenna, and (once) Tartaroo

Sheol/Hades are synonymous with eachother, they are the adobe of the dead.
Gehenna is a reference to the Lake of fire / a place where the wicked will be incinerated and tortured with eternal hellfire.
Sodom and Gommorah were destroyed with eternal hellfire. The cities are not burning still, but the effects of that awesome fire are still felt today, and will be felt, eternally.

Thank for your post, but it is confusing to me.

Correct me if I am wrong. I thought atheist believe when you die you (soul/spirit) cease to exist.

I do not see how this jives with your previous statement.

Tartaroo is the closest resemblence to "hell" as we know it, and I believe only non-human spirits inhabit it.

This contradicts this passage of scripture:
Matthew25:41

Then he shall say to them also that shall be on his left hand: Depart from me, you cursed, into everlasting fire which was prepared for the devil and his angels

Just wanting to know what it is that I am not understanding here.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Yes, that is what atheists believe. And it is the most accurate rendition of Hell that common folk believe in.
The soul doesn't cease to exist, but it is kept in the Void, in utter and eternal separation from God, so it may as well not exist (just about...)
They will live again for a very short time, only to be judged, and then cast into the lake a second time, and forever be dead, never to be resurrected again....then I guess you could say they will cease to exist.

How does it not jive with my previous statement?

What would be contradictory about not believing in a hell where human souls are tortured for eternity,
but believing that such a place "kind of" exists for demons/fallen angels? Except there not "tortured", more like "jailed".

And a more accurate rendering of Matthew 25:41 reads like this:

"Then shall He be declaring to those also at His left, "Go from me, you cursed, into the fire eonian, made ready for the Adversary and his messengers"

The verse in context is part of a dialogue where Jesus is explaning anyone who hates his brothers and refuses to help people in this life, are essentially hating Christ himself,
and they will not be blessed with eternal life, but suffered with eternal hellfire. (again I say, eternal hellfire is not
fire burning people up for all eternity, it is fire that burns a soul up and has eternal consequences)

The information is out there if you truly dig and truly do the research.

There a multiple websites dedicated to dispelling the common representation of Hell manmade myth.

The dantes inferno-esque images we conjure up when we think of Hell, come as a result of Roman and Greek mythology and pagan concepts
infilitrating the early Christian churches, and being perpetuated by the RCC and medeval superstition, and carried on through the centuries by people who have not done thorough research
edit on 4/5/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Hell! Isn't fire supposed to purify and forge metal like fine steel?

I would hope my soul would be pure enough to walk on the sun!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join