It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Look Into The Strange Weather This Spring, And What Is To Come.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

We have your water up here it seems

Pardon the digression here OP, but Blaine reminded me of a reoccurring thought I have. In Oregon, many people have installed rain catcher barrels to gather rain water. We have soooo much! Why the heck can't efforts go into a national pipeline for....water? We can do oil and electrical wire, why not the vital elixir of life?
Pipe in water from the heavy rain ladened areas of the country to the more drought affected areas?

A monumental task for sure and a logistics night mare probably. But I think water is a real issue overall for the future, not just during severe weather cycles. Nature provides, why don't we help facilitate the end product?
And no T Boone Pickens can't buy the rain too!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

Pardon the digression here OP, but Blaine reminded me of a reoccurring thought I have. In Oregon, many people have installed rain catcher barrels to gather rain water. We have soooo much! Why the heck can't efforts go into a national pipeline for....water? We can do oil and electrical wire, why not the vital elixir of life?
Pipe in water from the heavy rain ladened areas of the country to the more drought affected areas?

A monumental task for sure and a logistics night mare probably. But I think water is a real issue overall for the future, not just during severe weather cycles. Nature provides, why don't we help facilitate the end product?

I've always wondered the same thing. If we can pipeline petroleum across continents we damn sure could do it with fresh water. As long as it would not deplete the area it was taken from. Also I remember hearing in some places it is illegal to install rain catch barrels. Is this the case in your area?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Is this the case in your area?

Thank goodness no, but yea I hear it is else where. Colorado, Utah and Washington State(of all places
) have banned the use. The argument from bureaucrats is that the water would not make it to it's intended destination, therefore creating a potential shortage in other areas like rivers/streams.
Hmm, well I can see how some management may be need to be implemented for larger scale set ups, but for a homeowner, I see no problem at all.
edit on 4-4-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I would love to play in some cool snow in Alaska!! Sounds heavenly.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311

I've always wondered the same thing. If we can pipeline petroleum across continents we damn sure could do it with fresh water. As long as it would not deplete the area it was taken from. Also I remember hearing in some places it is illegal to install rain catch barrels. Is this the case in your area?

That kinda thinking can get you as killed
as coming up with an all electric $10,000 car.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I had spoken to an old acquaintance about this earlier this year and was told that currently there is a "weather war" occurring between several major nations who have obtained such technologies. Not specifically targeting one another, but manipulating the weathers in hopes of a favorable outcome in their regions which in turn destabilize the balance world-wide. They are making over corrections based on each others manipulations which are further exacerbating the situation.

All complete hearsay of course...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

You could be right. I am a firm believer in the 'anything can happen model'. If it is true I hope it comes to a halt because with the expected conditions they could really ramp things up.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I think we may be reaching a global tipping point for climate change.

Extreme weather might just be another sign.

Could Methane boiling up from the Arctic Ocean be the main game changer?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

I think we may be reaching a global tipping point for climate change.

Extreme weather might just be another sign.

Could Methane boiling up from the Arctic Ocean be the main game changer?

I'm not to sure about the methane but that does remind me of all the talk of methane releases regaurding the deepwater horizon disaster. I wonder what the implications of that on water temps could be. Also would methane releases from the arctic stay localized or spread elswhere. I think it is probably a combination of things and probably a few that we just may not understand or just plain flat out haven't learned yet.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
greatest invention of mankind, anyone??? bueller?

Answer: air conditioning.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Meanwhile, back in the UK.

After a bitter and windy 2 days, we are back to shorts and t-shirts in the North West of England!!!

What on Earth is going on? It's beautiful today, (after a frosty start).

If there IS a weather war going on, who is winning?

This weird weather is having an effect on the wildlife around here. They're pi55ed off and puzzled, me too!!! My garden and younger plants were damaged because of the wind and frost!

I will enjoy the sunshine (whilst we have it) as is customary for this usually deprived nation and count my blessings whilst I have them.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
What is the end result then of your post? " a perfect storm" so- to- speak from the oceans to snow melt ect? Ect?

Does the Sun have anything to do w/ this? Does the EQ and the strange noises have anything to do with this?
Does HARRP play a role? On a side note... Dutch predicted the Dallas tornado's because he spotted HARRP being used 24 hrs Before said event.

I'm really sorry to have to say this... But this post is lacking so much other info that is playing its hand in this "perfect storm " so- to- speak" from the mouths of accu weather was it? Again...what's lacking is the real events going on...not because Mi. Lakes didn't freeze over.

edit on 5-4-2012 by tracehd1 because: Correction

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Yep things change...

Weather, Climate...never remain static just like the stars and planets silly to believe they will stay stable.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
What is the end result then of your post? " a perfect storm" so- to- speak from the oceans to snow melt ect? Ect?

Does the Sun have anything to do w/ this? Does the EQ and the strange noises have anything to do with this?
Does HARRP play a role? On a side note... Dutch predicted the Dallas tornado's because he spotted HARRP being used 24 hrs Before said event.

I'm really sorry to have to say this... But this post is lacking so much other info that is playing its hand in this "perfect storm " so- to- speak" from the mouths of accu weather was it? Again...what's lacking is the real events going on...not because Mi. Lakes didn't freeze over.

edit on 5-4-2012 by tracehd1 because: Correction

I was just looking at this from a meteorlogical standpoint. As you said there are other variables involved. There are plenty of real events spoken of in the links provided but there just not conspiracy oriented. I guess I just wanted to look at the non-conspiracy side of it. We can only speculate on the other side as I have yet to come across a true consensus on the conspiracy side of things. But I do believe anything is possible.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Threegirls

Our wildlife has been quite different as well. The birds have been here since febuary. Frogs and crickets were chirping in early march. It literally sounded like a summers night here for two weeks every night. And our vegitation greened up real quick this year.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I'm merely seeing outside my window right now, all the trees which greened. They all greened. Normally,.....
At this time they're snow covered or just dead brown/grey. Unprecedented.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311

Two immediate problems I see. 1, until water becomes around $100 a barrel (god forbid), it won't be cost-effective to build such an infrastructure. If and when it does get there, it'll be too late to create any feasible infrastructure.

And 2, when it DOES become cost-effective, greed will destroy what is left of the middle class and places WILL become depleted from the water removal. An ecological and economic domino effect.

The only thing the common man can do is actually move to the areas that are a little more temperate and have adequate access to fresh water. Although, it seems governments and private industry can seize or buy water sources at will... right from under our feet.

Hell... all of a sudden, the Rust Belt states of the US (Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania) are begginning to look like the promised land.
edit on 4/5/12 by larphillips because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

reply to post by yourmaker

No doubt on that(couple of hours of sun. I swear the last 3 weeks have had maybe a day and a half total sunshine.I have webbed toes(figuratively) and everything from being in Oregon, but I can't recall this much lack o sunshine in my 20 years here.

Here in middle of Norway we have had a month straight with precipitation now and that is not even me exaggerating. We only had 3 days without precipitation in march and that was in the very beginning.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I've heard it noted on several news sites and here: www.tgo.uit.no... is an image of it. Magnetic North pole moving. If it's possible we are swinging back the other way. I've heard some say that it's creeping north from the USA and more toward Russia. Interesting stuff and possibly causing places that used to be further north to now be further south and closer to the equator?

We know the tectonic plates are moving at a faster rate lately, especially the giant Pacific plate. If Magnetic North is moving, this could cause plates to shift to the magnetic orientation and thus more land shift is happening and so weather worldwide is changing to reorient. I see this as a possibility for the weather, the seismic events, earthquakes, etc. Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Without getting too off-topic, the US already does that. Look at Las Vegas and LA. Most of their water is pumped in from hundreds and even thousands of miles away.

This is also often very destructive to the region that is providing the water. Believe it or not, even in the PNW all that water is vital to the local ecosystem. You cant go removing millions of gallons without having an impact.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join