It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'What a Bully President Obama Has Suddenly Become,' Says South Carolina Gov.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
'What a Bully President Obama Has Suddenly Become,' Says SC Gov.
By Susan Jones
April 4, 2012

The Governor of South Carolina says Obama is a bully president !!

With Obama's recent set backs on several fronts,
maybe he's getting pushy and a bit unruly in his general demeanor.

There is a video in the story link also.

(CNSNews.com) - "What is amazing is what a bully President Obama has suddenly become," South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley (R) said on Wednesday.

The man who took office on a promise of 'hope and change' is now bullying people to get his way, Haley told Fox & Friends. "He's bullying his way on Paul Ryan, saying he's not coming up with an adequate budget. Now he's bullying the Supreme Court, saying no, they won't reverse (the health care law) -- they won't go against us on this.

"That's not how things work," Haley said. "He has to lead. He's shown no sort of leadership when it comes to balancing a budget. He's shown no leadership when it comes to allowing the states to do the will of the people. He continues to say no to everything."

Haley said Paul Ryan had "great courage" to tackle pressing budget issues.

Of course, The Governor is a Republican, and was talking on Fox News

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Well it's kinda weird how he is becoming a bully before the elections.... Wouldn't you think he would wait to after the elections??? Maybe he knows he's going to win, as I do too, even though I believe the American people are soooo stupid to re-elect him.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

The phrase "bully pulpit" comes from a description of White House prestige and power by President Theodore Roosevelt. Roosevelt believed his power to persuade citizens' minds on matters of public policy was enhanced greatly by this platform.

Yes, presidents try to influence things.

Why are you posting every article from that conservative rag website anyhow? We can just navigate there if we want to know every single opinion piece that comes from it.

Should I make a thread everytime the daily beast or maddow blog types something out? I mean, I will...but I reckon people can simply navigate there should they want to know the latest liberal thoughts and opinions.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Why are you posting every article from that conservative rag website anyhow?

Cause he can people on here are free to post anything they wish anyone who has any problems with that tough luck ole chap.

Bully?Obama i would have used other words all tc violations.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Well most cornered dogs will bite.
I think he is feeling trapped by his lies and fears the consequences.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Why are you posting every article from that conservative rag website anyhow?

Because they are desperate and worried about the election.

But about the SC governor...yes...Obama is starting to attack...and guess what?????

It is getting the liberal base excited....this is why Republicans are trying to make it seem like a bad thing.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Should I make a thread everytime the daily beast or maddow blog types something out? I mean, I will...but I reckon people can simply navigate there should they want to know the latest liberal thoughts and opinions.

Please do my friend !!

The timing is perfect !!

No threads = No discussions

It seems there is too much censoring on the comment sections of many articles.

Here at least, we can get more opinions.

What a better place to decide how we should vote ?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Obama is a tool. How can anyone consider this man a president when he is clearly playing the role of a dictator and trying to grab up as much power the sheeple will give him.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I honestly don't think anyone is deciding how to vote based on ATS discussion...must involved in the political talk here are clearly committed to their ideology already.

So these threads come down to back patting and S&F whoring.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Please do my friend !!

The timing is perfect !!

No threads = No discussions

It seems there is too much censoring on the comment sections of many articles.

Here at least, we can get more opinions.

No, I won't. Because its stupid.
Liberals will think anything conservatives do is evil or retarded (or both).
Same with Conservatives.
But who gives a rats ... about opinions..."waaah, he is being all bully and mean".

Obama potentially not being a native born american? sure..that is fitting for such a place.
A politician enacting legislation curbing freedom of speech, or internet crackdown in the name of anti-piracy measures? great...lets chat

But..do we really want to use ATS to discuss if Obama is being ascertive? Really?

Lets see..election season? yes? ok..then the answer is yes..just like every other politician out there trying to win an election. Go figure.

CNSNews reports: Obama thinks water is wet!!! some conservative mayor disagrees and points out ice.

Yes, I could simply ignore these threads...but dude...every 3rd thread is some neocon posting up the latest opinion piece from one of the 4 trashcon websites, relevant or interesting or not.

Do we really care if Keith Olbermann thinks Santorum is a bit whiny? How is such a discussion considered quality for ATS?

ok, I am ranting...have at it. if it gets you stars and flags, mission accomplished. Maybe I will get bored and post the minute by minute updates from various liberal websites to demonstrate a point one day...but not today...gonna play some mass effect 3 instead.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin

Obama is a tool. How can anyone consider this man a president when he is clearly playing the role of a dictator and trying to grab up as much power the sheeple will give him.

Do you have any real examples of this -- sounds like the rantings of a fool - perhaps Glenn Beck

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Because they are desperate and worried about the election.

yeah....they are losing women voters, minority votes, gay votes, poor votes, etc. They are essentially banking on the angry white male vote. Probably the only voting block they will get a majority on besides the wealthy.

And Paul Ryan's plan is the biggest pile of steamy poop I've ever read. It's incredibly radical and completely caters to billionaires and corporations while putting the entire burden on the middle class and poor.

I hope the rest of the GOP continues to champion it as a "great vision" for the future. The American people will reject it.
edit on 4-4-2012 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

And Paul Ryan's plan is the biggest pile of steamy poop I've ever read. It's incredibly radical and completely caters to billionaires and corporations while putting the entire burden on the middle class and poor.

Not for nuthin, but here is a link to the Ryan proposals.

Can you quote some of the crap ?

People really need to know so we can tell our Senators and our Grandmas.

Seriously.

pdf
CONCURRENT RESOLUTION
ON THE BUDGET—
FISCAL YEAR 2013

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin

Do you have any real examples of this -- sounds like the rantings of a fool - perhaps Glenn Beck

Lets see some real axamples of this?

Well Ill give you 2 examples:

Obama tells congress what bills they need to pass and when they need to pass them and if they take too long to pass them he tries to force them and threaten them into passing the bills. Just look at the healthcare bill and how he pressured congress into passing that.

Trying to sway the USSC on their ruling on Obamacare with his comments that he is certain that they will rule in favor of the bill and for them not to would be unprecedented.

If you do not find these 2 recent examples of his actions to be quasi-dictatorial then I would definately suggest that you read the entire US Constitution and get a good understanding of the seperation of powers and system of checks and balances that our founders instituted into our form of government.

I am curious, what is it about people like you that would be willing to sacrifice and destroy our time honored system of government that so many have died to protect? Why would you be willing to blindly follow a president that blatently shows his unamerican sentiment and agenda? Do you really think that when he gains complete control of every aspect of our lives that he is going to give you a free pass on the state instituted oppression that is to come?

I am not trying to attack you personally, I am just curious as to why you let your love for a man that is hell bent on destroying our nation overpower your constitutionally protected rights to liberty and freedom to live free from government oppression.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Whoa is that what you mean is bullying. You really need to read some history -- Clinton Johnson Kennedy FDR to name a couple.

Look you can't have it both ways, you can not hold the president accountable for every perceived sin, then complain when he does something. You know the price of oil thing -- drill here. The only solution to keeping the oil in the country -- is to nationalize the wells. You can't have it both ways.

I voted for Obama because of healthcare and he delivered. Sorry you can not see why that was important, it is funny time after time people who hate the AFA when presented with it item by item are all for it.

Really if you call that bullying well ........ I think you might also want to look up the meaning of bully pulpit - it doesn't mean what you think it means.

Your whole description is of a strong leader doing what he was elected to do in the face of unprecedented stonewalling. This is what leaders do -

The right really needs to grow up a little. Just because it doesn't go you way doesn't mean it was stolen.

This does sound like Glen Beck -- I think Glenn Beck Hannity Limabaugh are all cowards.

edit on 5-4-2012 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2012 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
It's a very small world. It is rumored in this state she may be running for President herself someday. Apparently she is very popular here in South Carolina. She propbably has political adgenda for saying these things.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

Its not excusable for any president to undermine the authority of congress or the supreme court. Obama is currently president and therefore he needs to be held accountable and have his bs called out. If you want an oppressor keep allowing these fools to behave this way, personally I think anarchy would be more productive than where we are headed.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
What?? Has suddenly become?? What country have they been living in for the past 2 years?

top topics

join