It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A compromise on abortion that i think that we can all agree on

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
This is my view point on abortion and the compromise that might make everyone happy.

I think that abortion shoud be allowed but it shoud only be allowed in certain cases like for example if a girl is raped or molested and she gets pregnant. But abortion shoud not be used as a form of birth control for example if a16 year old fools around knowingy and without a condom she shod have to live with that mistake or give the kid up for adoption. anouther case woud be if the kid is going to have some type of birth deffect or disability no reason why you shod have to make the kid suffer.

This will lhopefully make the pro abortion and the anti abortion pepole happy

what are your guys thoughts?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

very revolutionary idea. This will go down the throat easy as ice cream...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

what are your guys thoughts?

Abortion will always be a tricky and touchy subject.

No matter what 'solution' you come up with.

There are going to be people that are offended.

Just one question though.

You said abortion should be allowed in certain cases.

Here's on for you;

A girl and a boy, both aged 20, have consentual SAFE sex.
Yet the condom ruptures and the girl gets pregnant.

She's not ready for a child, neither is he.
Is an abortion allowed in this case?
edit on 4-4-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Most woman that have their fetuses tested for a disability get atleast one report back that their child MIGHT have xyz disorder. I don't know any friends that had a child that didn't get the crap scared out of them with one of those reports. All the children were healthy though.

Imo many perfectly fine babies would be aborted since they would be told there is a possibility their child was not normal. Either way, there are enough foster children out there. Abortion has been going on for thousands of years. I wonder what our population would be now had it never occurred.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
So in the case of a disability or birth defect the child may be aborted because it would suffer unnecessarily but if the child is conceived by a mother that doesn't want it and can't afford it the psychological suffering imposed on the child will be the mother and father's own dumb fault and everyone will just have to deal with it.

I don't think anyone likes getting an abortion but sometimes it's best for everyone i guess.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

this is a case were it woud me safer to give the kid up for adoption i will give then some slack because they were trying to be safe but accidents happen

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
How about let each woman decide whats best for her and her situation or is that just too simple a concept for people to understand

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Because, according to the womb police, a woman is only for making babies, and cooking and cleaning, and that's what they must be made a slave to, while a man is required to sow his wild oats and doesn't have to be a father.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by j-man
So in the case of a disability or birth defect the child may be aborted because it would suffer unnecessarily but if the child is conceived by a mother that doesn't want it and can't afford it the psychological suffering imposed on the child will be the mother and father's own dumb fault and everyone will just have to deal with it.

I don't think anyone likes getting an abortion but sometimes it's best for everyone i guess.

Many women aren't happy when they get pregnant unexpectedly, but that doesn't mean that after the child is born they don't fall in love with it and become good mothers,

As far as children being born into poverty, I find peoples views on this odd,

What?

You can't be poor and happy?

You can't be poor and be a good mother?
edit on 093030p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

There is no 'compromise' on this subject without education.
People are too entrenched in the rhetoric to be able to see straight.

reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Um .. no. According to the 'womb police' the preborn children are just that .. preborn children.
Their heart beats. They suck their thumbs. They open and close their eyes. They sleep. They wake.
They play with their toes and the 'cord'.

And many types of abortions are very painful for that preborn child.
Death by shredding. Death by being burned to death with chemicals.
How would YOU like to die like that? Not a pleasant thought, eh?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
And the preborn are far more important to the womb police that born children and a grown woman, who must be made to be a slave to her biology.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by j-man

Many women aren't happy when they get pregnant unexpectedly, but that doesn't mean that after the child is born they don't fall in love with it and become good mothers,

As far as children being born into poverty, I find peoples views on this odd,

What?

You can't be poor and happy?

You can't be poor and be a good mother?
edit on 093030p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

You go and tell that to all the childeren who don't know one or two of their parrents because they didn't want them. Or to young mothers having to drop out of school and take a job as a waitress just to keep things going while they could do a lot better.

Off course those conditions are no guarantee for an unhappy life but neither is a disability. The poster above said it best. Let women judge what they feel is best.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
There can be NO compromise when it comes to the killing of innocent children, it will always be wrong.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
There are many many many threads on Abortion where your thoughts can be added.

Please use ATS SEARCH and type in Abortion. Many many many threads will pop up.

Just some examples:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.
edit on April 4th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join