It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will happen if Israel attacks Iran?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Listen when you say US might attack and destroy Iran�s nuclear facilities that is the different story. US can use its stealth bombers and launch missiles to destroy those targets but when you talk about Israel destroy Iranian facilities that�s a different story. Why? Because Israel neither have stealth plane nor missile capabilities to hit Iran from Israel. That means they have to depend on their F15s and F16s and only their new F16s that they just received from US can travel such a long distance without refueling. Now here we have two scenarios:

1) US will let Israelis war planes to refuel in Iraq, which will give Iran excuse to openly supply Iraqis freedom fighters and make more trouble for US.
2) Israel will only use their new F16s to attack Iran.

In both cases it would be win-win situation for Iran, why? Because then we can pull out of IAEA, transfer rest of our facilities underground and retaliate and destroy Israeli�s nuclear plant with our missiles. Unlike Israel, we can hit Israel from Iran and also we can us our Zalzal 2 and Fateh 110 missiles located in Lebanon to hit anywhere in Israel.

[edit on 24-9-2004 by persian]

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Here's a simple answer to your question,

What will happen if Israel attacks Iran?

How about World War III?

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Best of luck to you guys. I think Israel urging the UN to disarm Iran is the biggest backhand slap to the rest of the world. All it will take is a few good strikes to their Dihoma nuclear power plant. That should unleash enough radiation to make that land unsuable for the next millineum. Then we could stop talking about their prophecies and messiahs.
First, their anti missle system fails. then their spy satellite fails. The time is now, strike them now or time will sure tighten the rope around you guys.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
You're living in a dream world if you think Isreal doesn't have missiles that can hit Iran....

They'd do it with a variety of planes, and in-flight refueling tankers.

Underground isn't necessarily full-proof, ever hear of "bunker-busters"???

Isreal may not have stealth fighters/bombers per se, but there are many elements to go into making a plane "stealthy". Some of these elements are in some of the newer (and retro-fit) planes, to reduce visibility.

I sincerely hope other means can be found to resolve such differences though. Unfortunately, I doubt that will happen, and such conflicts will simply be stepping stones to the larger confrontation to come, that will be no good for ANY sides to this....

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
If it happens, there will be a nuke in the air very fast.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
nukes, and unfortuently, iran wouldnt be much of a fight because when you say israel its like saying USA since were practically apples/apples, lobbysit wise:x

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by persian
1) US will let Israelis war planes to refuel in Iraq, which will give Iran excuse to openly supply Iraqis freedom fighters and make more trouble for US.

OK. That'll make our day. It should make our day now, with your admittance of supplying terrorists!

transfer rest of our facilities underground and retaliate and destroy Israeli�s nuclear plant with our missiles.

I've just fot one thing to say about this!

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   

In both cases it would be win-win situation for Iran,

First, their anti missle system fails. then their spy satellite fails. The time is now, strike them now or time will sure tighten the rope around you guys.

Am I misreading/misinterpreting something or are some of you actually hoping this will happen? I got the creeps just reading some of this thread. I'm hoping that my lack of sleep is causing me to have a temporary case of the dumb-dumbs and that no one is looking forward to a nuclear disaster!

Jemison

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
i h8 to be all "if it isnt america then it sux" attitude, but u have high hopes for ur country, America hasnt even used a half of its force in Iraq, hardly a 4th, most of what isnt there is black ops, secret weapons etc. and now there using "microwave guns" for crowd control, if i was u and u got in a war, id build a bunker and hide my ass for months.

theres a reason we spend so much on military tech, mainly because in times of war we have a superior force, and les casualtys on our side:-/

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   

No my friend. Iran have never attacked any country first and we are not gonna do it now.

If it happens, there will be a nuke in the air very fast.

You know, this is not a video game that you play on your computer. In real life when you deploy nukes, millions of people die. Its people like you who create hates.

You're living in a dream world if you think Isreal doesn't have missiles that can hit Iran....

Then why don�t you back it up and give us example of one of the Israeli missiles that hit Iran from Israel.

Underground isn't necessarily full-proof, ever hear of "bunker-busters"???

�bunker-busters� as you can tell from their name are good for destroying bunkers few feet underground not for facilities deep underground which you need elevator to get there.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Israel has 3 options:

1- Use their F-16Is. this will be a total success, because Iran does not have radars that are capable of picking up Israeli jets 10 feet off the ground. not only that, the Israeli F-16Is are far more superior than any jet that Iran currently has. therefore, it would be a waste of time for Iran to scramble their jets into the air. furthermore, Israel makes their own jamming systems, so i really dont have a problem with Iranian SAMs completely missing their targets.

2- Use their Jericho 2 missiles. these missiles were developed by Israel in the late 1980s. it has a range of 3,500km and is capable of carrying a nuclear warhead.

3- Use their Dolphin submarines. these submarines are capable of launching nuclear cruise missiles from anywhere on the planet.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The question is not IF isreal attacks iran, but WHEN isreal attacks iran. As has already been said, isreal surely didn't buy those 500 bunker busting bombs for nothing. They will use them to destroy iranian nuclear facilities. Iran will retaliate with airstrikes on Isreali targets. Then it gets interesting (as if it already wasn't). What will the other middle eastern countries do? All of them (egypt, syria, etc.) hate Isreal in the first place. I believe they would form a middle eastern alliance, to oppose the US, Isreal, Britan, and possibly Russia. World War 3? You bet. I think the war would be settled in a conventional manner though, w/o the use of nuclear weapons. The only way nukes would be used is if the US and our allies didn't hit every nuclear facility in the middle east, specifically iran, and in a last ditch effort, iran MIGHT send a nuke to isreal. It would be a huge conflict with massive loss of life and enormous historical reprocussions. And it will happen soon...

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Stupid question...why would Israel do such a thing?

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike89
Stupid question...why would Israel do such a thing?

Becuase a nuclear Iran poses a HUGE threat to the country of isreal and the stability of the middle east. This is ironic, b/c when isreal attacks iran, stability (you're probably asked WHAT STABILITY lol) in the region will collapse. Plus, the US may be pushing for Isreal to begin the war w/ iran so we can get into it and have just cause--helping the isrealis. Just do a search of IRAN under yahoo news or google...you'll find a wealth of information. Or just search ATS. There are many threads like this.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
The US Congress just approved an arm deal which will make Isreal have more options if it attacks Iran

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   
The jews are hypocrites they say Iran having nukes is the largest threat to middle east stability when its obviously the state of Israel, its 300 nukes and openly US financed military.

If Israel didnt have nukes other nations in the middle east would probably not aspire to attain them as well.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Well let's see,

Absolutely nothing, except for all of Europe crying, you can't do that. And all the Muslims merely crying. And the US smiling like a Cheshire Cat! It is in the news for a public consensus to be drawn. It will be exactly as the strike against the Iraqi Nuclear Power Plant.

Of course more Jihad Terrorists will be created, but isn't that what our Administration desires, War, to salvage the economy. While placing our money in the pockets of the ones that control the mil/ind/gov complex via Carlyle and the Presidency.

Sleep Tight,

TUT

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

If Israel didnt have nukes other nations in the middle east would probably not aspire to attain them as well

HAHAHA
You think the Muslims want nukes just because Israel has them!! They want nukes to wipe Israel off the face of the planet regardless of what Israel has. You think Muslims want another state next to israel! They want a state in place of Israel! Persian like most Muslims in that region you probably want to kill all of the Israeli's. Iran getting a nuke is only for trying to destroy Israel. When Israel destroys your factories the world will do nothing but condemn Israeli actions. Iran doesn't have the oil to control the prices so no one will care that your nuke plans don't work out. Half of the world will secretly congratulate Israel for doing it.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Then why don�t you back it up and give us example of one of the Israeli missiles that hit Iran from Israel.

In case you missed it, Isreal has a multitude of US supplied missiles. Are you doubting their ability to travel such a range? For specifics, you'd likely require someone to break a Secrecy Agreement.

�bunker-busters� as you can tell from their name are good for destroying bunkers few feet underground not for facilities deep underground which you need elevator to get there.

It's a general term, for missiles and bombs designed to take out hardened/buried targets deep underground. Most require only a few such detonations to reach deep targets.

If Iran is anything like most of the middle east though, chances are you've got numerous underground facilities connected with tram systems. This is one area in which the middle east is really much more prepared than most western countries. I've seen such facilities in some parts of the middle east when I lived there, as some of the kids I went to school with's German parents built the things, hehe....

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Israel took out an Iraqi nuclear weapons facility years ago and they certainly have the technology via supersonic jet aircraft and missiles to take out Iranian nuclear weapons sites.

However, they are shrewd in their strategy. Just as Israel didn't partake in the invasion of Iraq and the ousting of Saddam Hussein's regime, they will probably not get directly involved in stopping the Iranians from developing atomic weapons. It isn't in their best political interest to strike Iran.

The more likely scenario is that a US-led coalition, with Israel's wholehearted approval and support, will eventually launch an air strike on Iranian nuclear facilities.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join