It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Judge: Citizens Can Buy Guns and Ammo During State of Emergency (YES!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Governor Bev Perdue of North Carolina made a controversial decision when the state was devastated by storms in winter of 2010: she declared a state of emergency. That declaration was quickly followed by one from the city of King, which banned possession of alcohol and guns outside the home

Now a federal judge has ruled that state law cannot create a ban on buying guns and ammunition during emergency situations. "While the bans imposed … may be limited in duration, it cannot be overlooked that the statutes strip peaceable, law-abiding citizens of the right to arm themselves in defense of hearth and home, striking at the very core of the Second Amendment," Senior U.S. District Judge Malcolm J. Howard wrote in his order

Source: www.breitbart.com...

Woo-hoo. Of course, COMMON Sense prevails. Most likely the original judge(s) didn't live around the affected areas and could not possibly understand the fear and other horrors people experienced then (and during other events).

Preppers.... Preppers.... Preppers... Take heed. The time is a coming....

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

given by the looks of it the original bit of legislation was enacted over 40 years ago its taken some time for people to notice that when SHTF they cant get guns/ammo or beers and i bet it was the lack of beers that made people check the rules more and then realise that guns have more rights than beers so to protect the beers we better protect the guns before they take away our beers from our moisture laden hands

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The right to buy a gun is protected by the Constitution.

What politicians will realize, sooner or later, is that the right to buy AMMO is NOT a protected right.

When politicians realize that ammo is not protected by the Constitution of the United States, they will start taking action to limit the ammunition supply.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

When...

They already are trying to get rid or lessen the availability of ammo.

Now they want each individual bullet numbered... to match the numbered casing!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The truth of the matter is, if you would like to own a gun and ammo during a state of emergency, you better have owned it before hand. It is extremely difficult to sue the federal government, and there is typically no recourse. Americans should be taking every advantage of their 2nd ammendment rights, and they should not assume that those rights will always be available.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Hmmmm, so now we need a federal judge to tell us what our founding fathers told us 235+ years ago? The tyrant, unamerican b@$tards that wrote that legislation should be hung for treason. Or at the very least removed from office.

All I can say is they better not try to come and take me guns because they won't be leaving with anything but a bullet. I don't say this because I'm an extremist or nut job, I say it because a) I took an oath to defend the constitution and the American citizens from all enemies foreign and domestic, and b) I am well aware that our founding fathers knew that the only free society was an armed society.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Well stated my friend.

I am surprised this thread didn't do better.

Keeping the heads in the sand will not help our cause(s).

new topics

top topics

join