It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commercials that get under your skin???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I have to agree with the guy who said Go Compare adverts. Genuinely are annoying.

If you havent seen them:

Plus many, many many more. In some cases, played twice through 3 minute adverts, every 20-30 minutes.

This man is so hated, I could shoot him and be a national hero throughout Britain and Knighted by the Queen
O.k probably not that far but people would secretly thank me for the end of the adverts

I have loads of fave adverts, but I found these the other month and I'm a big fan of Terry Crews, here have a look

Hes one funny guy, White Chiks where Terry's in the car and the guy/girl puts on the tune he thought he was going to hate
I cant explain it as good as it is so i'll post, brilliance!

Sorry for going a wee bit off subect but you brought me to this conclusion of thought about your subject
x peace

link   
Any advert that reminds women about panty liners or tampons always bug the hell out of me. Are women really that absent minded that they need to reminded? I'm sure they can decide what they want and need when they go to the store.

In fact every ad bugs me. Once they pop on I hit the mute then go make a cuppa. My philosophy is... If I need it I'll find it.

link   
The Vonage commerical boils my blood. Dumb ass tune!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
I have to agree with the guy who said Go Compare adverts. Genuinely are annoying.

If you havent seen them:

HOLY SH!T that is ANNOYING AS ALL HELL!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

This man is so hated, I could shoot him and be a national hero throughout Britain and Knighted by the Queen O.k probably not that far

No, that's the thing. You would. You sooo would, lol. You'd get a knighthood, a parade, the full works.

When this advert comes on tv I actually either change the channel or just mute it. It drives me mad hearing it. It's by far the most annoying thing on tv.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Oh how I laughed whenever that scene came on at the cinema. Pity the rest of White Chicks sucked.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

"You buy one, you get one free, I say , you buy one you get one free"

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Oh I forgot about that one - It's pretty close to the Go compare guy in terms of being unbelievably annoying. And that's really no easy feat to achieve at all..

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I hear these commercials mostly on the radio and I can't stand 'em!

Every time he says "What are you waiting for, what arRRRRRe you waiting for?" I just want to choke him 'till his eyeballs pop out then smash them on the floor a few times before shoving them down his throat and then I want to...

Well, I better not say anymore before the gubment puts me on some kind of watch list or something. (probably too late for that though
)

ETA: I agree with schuyler, Flo is HOT! I think it had something to do with those big, bright red lips...

edit on 4/2/12 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
anyone remember this guy? no singing just music
www.youtube.com...
cant figure out how to embed
edit on 2-4-2012 by TheGuyFawkes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
All commercials bother me - especially when there are 15 minutes of commercials every 5 minutes.

I don't watch TV anymore - if there is something I want to see I buy/rent/borrow the DVD or do without, so it's something of a shock when my boyfriend's mother has movie nights and they are watching movies on TV as opposed to DVD, and the movie is broken up by commercials. The experience is rather painful!
I admit to getting irritated with the commercials and being very rude by reading in company and ignoring the movie completely (I love my e-reader - you can read it in the dark
).

Is it just me or are all these commercials really dorky?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

My God! The "Go Compare" ads use an American patriotic war song, first used in WW I by George Cohan, who won the Congressional Gold Medal for his efforts. These are the lyrics of the original:

Over there, over there,
Send the word, send the word over there
That the Yanks are coming, the Yanks are coming
The drums rum-tumming everywhere.

So prepare, say a prayer,
Send the word, send the word to beware -
We'll be over, we're coming over,
And we won't come back till it's over, over there.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
For the most part, commercials in general are just annoying. But I think it's more the repetition that really gets to me. To the point to where I chuckle inappropriately when they are showing something that is clearly supposed to be pulling the heartstrings. For example, the end of the Hoarders commercial that they play over and over and over again:

I know I probably shouldn't, but I can't help making an exaggerated funny face when mimicking her lines and scream, and then laughing. Does that make me a bad person?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
It's "GOOD MOOD FOOD" Vomit vomit and vomit some more. Overly processed, over cooked, stuff that looks like beef. Arbys.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
For me, it was this one:

Never really understood why they did this.

Haven't seen the Go commercials here in the US (thank god), pretty sure I'd have to find the channels that didn't play those or give up TV entirely... you couldn't hit mute fast enough.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
But as far as the worst of the worst goes, this commercial will make me SPRINT from the kitchen, past the dining room, into the living room and dive for the remote control to hit the mute button as fast as possible.

Enjoy.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join