It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stunning Video Of Humming Birds, Bees, Butterflies (life like you never seen before)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bastet11

Are you my wife? You sound just like her

We got into a big discussion on the beauty of life (her) and the wonderful ability of man to be able to and care enough to document such things-for properity (me).

What will the world be like without the littel buggers that go practically unnoticed-day after day. It would be hard to live without them, that is sure.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
cheers - good to remind ourselves why planet earth is so precious

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Absolutely mind boggling. Great find! With all the negative posts on ATS about the end times, political and ecological madness, etc., it is very refreshing to watch something as beautiful as this. Keep it positive guys!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I have always been a fan of the little creatures that creep and crawl. I can hear their tiny souls as they struggle underfoot. It might sound odd to some people..but it is true. I help bees off sidewalks all the time, save spiders cowering from my cat, flip beetles over as they lie with legs waving.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I haven't posted replies in threads for awhile due to certain controversial madness going on around here, I had to, absolutely had to reply in here though. This is something I often talk about with friends the idea of man versus nature through technology has been always a struggle, it makes me inspired when I see man technology and nature work together and the results are amazing videos like this one that has allowed me to see life in a different way unconcerned and unbiased to all the other noise in the world these creatures do these thing in hi def in slow motion completely unabridged. I was moved thank you for sharing this. Also I like the barrel rolling hummingbird and te bat carrying the baby bat at the cactus that was awesome!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Quite awesome, thanks for sharing. The bees, of course, was one of my favorite parts.

Gives me the idea to put a mini-cam in a hive, and do some recording. The possibilities!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

One word......... Beautiful
S&F op for the find.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Thank You for reminding all of us of the beauty all around us. We need to take the time to just quietly sit, listen, and watch. Nature puts on a beautiful show every second. I have had the pleasure of having hummingbirds in my yard for the last four years. A joy to watch, but have never seen them up that close and clearly. Than you again.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jesiaha

What did I say I cant explain? And for one, if anyone who was going to seriously look into evolution, and really study it unbiased, will see it doesnt make sense in the real world. It never happened, and its unprovable. And trying to claim its science its an outright lie. Science says 'nothing can be created nor destroyed'. So just using this alone, evolution saying new created DNA, or new matter, anti matter coming into existence when there was nothing before it, proves its a belief, you have to believe it happend, and its not science.

Yahuwah our Creator made everything, why do people deny His existence? Whats the point you will suffer eternally for it? You always want proof, but theres no proof to back up evolution. Show me a rock that evolved into a organism. Show me a fish that walks and breathes air like a human and has wings. Show me a cross mix of a plant and animal. Show me a real actual evidence of a human ape creature, there isnt one! I have looked, researched all that, its all phony, fakery, lies. Over billions of years of evolution and theres barely a dozen found ape-human like creatures found and there could have been billions upon billions who died trying to evolve and were not fit to survive? Wheres all the evidence for the unfit surviors of evoltion? Yet theres about millions of dinosaurs found and not one of them have human feet.

I keep hearing this argument from evolutionists that Creationists need to "prove" ourselves. You are the ones who havent even given the public truth yet for your theory. Its a theory cause it cant be proven.

Just some things to consider.

If evolution happened.....
1. Then why are there still dinosaur bones found that are older than 65 million years, when science has shown that the world would erode flat from wind, water, and any other environmental wear in about 14 million years give or take +-5 million, and then its swallowed up by recycling back into the mantle? How do they bones survive going through that?

2. If the sun is shrinking about 5 feet per hour, then if you go back even 100 million years, its not possible nore logical the earth would even exist with the sun that close.

3. If there are sedimentary rock layers filled with coal, then sediment and or rock, then coal, but theres a tree going through multiple layers of these coal formations, how can this tree go still be there for millions of years while the layers are forming?

4. Human history shows that there is no evidence of man being on earth passed about 10,000 years. And about 4,000 years ago BOOM theres civilizations all over like something just sprouted. But when man was supposed to have evolved nothing happened for about 2.9 millions of years, they just lived in caves and acted like animals all that time no proof of these human ape creatures, and then just all of a sudden they evovled intelligence and built cities, languages, writings and the sort?

5. The human body is an astounding piece of artwork, and its so complex yet so simple on how it works, and somehow it made itself? Yet every organ must be present for the whole system to work. You cant evolve a heart, lungs and stomach, and not yet evolve a brain for it. You cant have a brain, heart, kidneys, but no liver or digestive system. Its pure stupidity to even think the human body evolved, and its a sign of complete ignorance of a Designer.

6. And another thing, why would we lose a tail? Who wouldnt want a tail, you think all that time those half ape humans were talking to their buddies " Hey man, I hate this tail, its always in the way of things, and I dont like using it to hold another tool in my hands, or use it to whip things for fun, its sooo useless.

edit on 3-4-2012 by Seektruthalways1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jesiaha

Just for example, the complexity of the human eyes proves evolution could have never produced this.

· The Eyes

As you focus on each word in this sentence, your eyes swing back and forth 100 times a second, and every second the retina performs 10 billion computer-like calculations. The eyes can perceive more than 1 million simultaneous visual impressions, are able to discriminate among nearly 8 million gradations of color, can distinguish about 500 different shades of gray, and take in more information than the world’s largest telescope. Each time the eye blinks, over 200 muscles move and you blink 25 times a minute or over 6 million times each year. The retina inside the eye covers about 650 square millimeters and contains some 137 million light-sensitive cells; 130 million rod cells for black and white vision and 7 million cone cells for color vision. To focus all this, the muscles of the eye move 100,000 times a day. An eye weighs 1.25 ounces. By the age of 60, our eyes have been exposed to more light energy than would be released by a nuclear blast. Sight accounts for 90 to 95 percent of all sensory perceptions.

The human eye sees everything upside down, but the brain turns it right side up, with an average field of vision encompassing a 200-degree wide angle. Your ears and nose continue to grow throughout your entire life but your eyes are the same size from birth to death. A bird's eye takes up about 50 percent of its head; human eyes take up about 5 percent of the head. To be comparable to a bird's eyes, human eyes would have to be the size of baseballs. If you go blind in one eye, you'll loose only one-fifth of your vision, but lose all your depth perception. The only part of the human body that has no blood supply is the cornea; it takes its oxygen directly from the air.

Newborn babies are not blind but have approximately 20/50 vision and can easily discriminate between degrees of brightness. The daughters of a mother who is colorblind and a father who has normal vision will have normal vision. However, the sons will be colorblind. While 7 men in 100 have some form of colorblindness, only 1 woman in 1,000 suffers from it. The most common form of color blindness is a red-green deficiency. People are the only animals in the world who cry tears. Onion Tears are caused by an irritant in onions known as brominates molecules which react with the water on the eye to produces an acid which the eye removes by producing tears. Those stars and colors you see when you close and rub your eyes are called phosphenes.

Two out of three adults in the United Sates wear glasses at some time. While reading a page of print, the eyes do not move continually across the page. They move in a series of jumps, called "fixations," from one clump of words to the next. Though more comfortable with daylight, given enough time to adjust, the human eye can, for a time, see almost as well as an owl's. The sensitivity of the human eye is so keen that on a clear, moonless night, a person standing on a mountain can see a match being struck as far as 50 miles away. Much to their amazement, astronauts in orbit were able to see the wakes of ships. When you have a black eye, you have a bilateral periorbital hematoma. The pupil of the eye expands as much as 45 percent when a person looks at something pleasing.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

Here we go again with a classic example of the argument from incredulity, also known as the argument from ignorance or "god of the gaps," it is the thorn in many different creationist arguments.
Go do yourself a favor and get an education.

Edit: I could go through all six of your arguments and pan them, however this would be way off topic.
It begs the question- why are you here on this thread spreading creationist propaganda.

edit on 3-4-2012 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

The ability of man to record and understand this stuff is just mind boggling. Enjoy and thoughts?

No mention of the creator who made all of this stuff?

Isa 29:16 Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seektruthalways1
You people are hopeless and should be ashamed.

I am a Pagan, and revere all aspects of nature. Even, human nature. We are all tied to this planet in ways neither you nor I can explain.

I'd like to you to clarify why I am hopeless, and why I should be ashamed of belonging to this experience I call LIFE.

To me, nobody is hopeless, and nobody should experience shame, unless they have committed a crime.

"YOU PEOPLE" condemns so many at once. In fact, it condemns most everyone who doesn't agree with you. I have a deep philosophical problem with one being able to condemn so many. All people are equal. People SHOULDN'T judge others, but it appears it IS necessary. I did think that ability was reserved for your god.

We've all watched the video. It's awesome. That's truth.

It's your opinion that's offensive. Just because we don't believe like you do doesn't give you the right to judge us. Sure, you can ultimately say we are going to hell because we don't believe in your god, or the way that you were trained and brainwashed in, but that doesn't detract from our ability to see the beauty in nature.

I'd like to give you a gentle reminder that your god doesn't allow you to be the judge of others, that he is reserving that for when your jesus returns. Please reserve offensive words like "hopeless" and "ashamed" in further descriptions for people who don't believe as you do, especially in this forum.

You wouldn't want to stray off-topic, aye? If you search, there is a forum available in which you can express your thoughts, but here, religious beliefs are strictly OFF-TOPIC!

Thanks for reading.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

reply to post by jesiaha

What did I say I cant explain? And for one, if anyone who was going to seriously look into evolution, and really study it unbiased, will see it doesnt make sense in the real world. It never happened, and its unprovable. And trying to claim its science its an outright lie. Science says 'nothing can be created nor destroyed'. So just using this alone, evolution saying new created DNA, or new matter, anti matter coming into existence when there was nothing before it, proves its a belief, you have to believe it happend, and its not science.

Yahuwah our Creator made everything, why do people deny His existence? Whats the point you will suffer eternally for it? You always want proof, but theres no proof to back up evolution. Show me a rock that evolved into a organism. Show me a fish that walks and breathes air like a human and has wings. Show me a cross mix of a plant and animal. Show me a real actual evidence of a human ape creature, there isnt one! I have looked, researched all that, its all phony, fakery, lies. Over billions of years of evolution and theres barely a dozen found ape-human like creatures found and there could have been billions upon billions who died trying to evolve and were not fit to survive? Wheres all the evidence for the unfit surviors of evoltion? Yet theres about millions of dinosaurs found and not one of them have human feet.

I keep hearing this argument from evolutionists that Creationists need to "prove" ourselves. You are the ones who havent even given the public truth yet for your theory. Its a theory cause it cant be proven.

Just some things to consider.

If evolution happened.....
1. Then why are there still dinosaur bones found that are older than 65 million years, when science has shown that the world would erode flat from wind, water, and any other environmental wear in about 14 million years give or take +-5 million, and then its swallowed up by recycling back into the mantle? How do they bones survive going through that?

2. If the sun is shrinking about 5 feet per hour, then if you go back even 100 million years, its not possible nore logical the earth would even exist with the sun that close.

3. If there are sedimentary rock layers filled with coal, then sediment and or rock, then coal, but theres a tree going through multiple layers of these coal formations, how can this tree go still be there for millions of years while the layers are forming?

4. Human history shows that there is no evidence of man being on earth passed about 10,000 years. And about 4,000 years ago BOOM theres civilizations all over like something just sprouted. But when man was supposed to have evolved nothing happened for about 2.9 millions of years, they just lived in caves and acted like animals all that time no proof of these human ape creatures, and then just all of a sudden they evovled intelligence and built cities, languages, writings and the sort?

5. The human body is an astounding piece of artwork, and its so complex yet so simple on how it works, and somehow it made itself? Yet every organ must be present for the whole system to work. You cant evolve a heart, lungs and stomach, and not yet evolve a brain for it. You cant have a brain, heart, kidneys, but no liver or digestive system. Its pure stupidity to even think the human body evolved, and its a sign of complete ignorance of a Designer.

6. And another thing, why would we lose a tail? Who wouldnt want a tail, you think all that time those half ape humans were talking to their buddies " Hey man, I hate this tail, its always in the way of things, and I dont like using it to hold another tool in my hands, or use it to whip things for fun, its sooo useless.

Mods? This is posted in the Fragile Earth forum. Please?

This is so off-topic. Help!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

Star, and I so agree. The conversation wandered off-topic, and we need a mod to step in. Religious discourse needs to stay in the Religion Forums.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I agree with Silo13. This video took my breath away with its beauty.

Thank you so much. I really needed to watch that today. BT

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thanks you folks for stepping up. Interesting turn of subject matter.....

So, back on track. I go home last night and there stands the kid with a tennis racket-underneath some bee holes in the wood....

ugh..

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

You people are hopeless and should be ashamed.

Please can this religious propaganda stop. It doesn't work. You're convincing no one but yourself, go get reassurance from a less informed site!

P.S. One of the most amazing videos I've seen in absolutely ages, well done, it made my day!!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Nice video!!! I take macro shots with my cybershot but this is crazy.. The quality is amazing

The humming birds look robotic, they are badass

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
i don't know, once you plucked them, gutted them and popped off the head there would be hardly enough to put a few grains of salt and pepper on that thing while you roasted it.disappointed

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join