It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'We can bring the government down': Truckers vow to halt Britain's traffic in support of striking

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

'We can bring the government down': Truckers vow to halt Britain's traffic in support of striking tanker drivers by blockading refineries and motorways

www.dailymail.co.uk

Thousands of truckers are preparing to go head to head with the army in support of striking tanker drivers - and have warned they will 'bring Britain to a halt'.
They plan to blockade refineries and cause gridlock on motorways to stop soldiers moving fuel around the UK in the event of a strike.
Fuel Lobby leaders who are concerned at rocketing prices have formed an alliance with the tanker drivers, whose union bosses will begin talks this week to try to prevent s
(visit the link for the full news article)

+19 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I fully and totally support this action

I cannot understand why it has taken this long for the people to kick off in the first place..

I think this is the beginning of the end of the political class in the UK

People power in the UK... I think the most tolerant nation on earth has just had enough...

God help them at westminster lol

Bring it on!!

www.dailymail.co.uk

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Order out of chaos

Actions that may appear to rebel against the "system" could potentially be helping the the nwo agenda

The illuminati have humanity in a checkmate situation... However i am confident they will fail in the end

PS. Not implying that people shouldnt rebel or what these truckers are doing is bad (IMO it is great, 63% tax for fuel???).
People just have to remain vigilant and avoid falling into a problem-reaction-solution trap setup by the elites
edit on 1-4-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Simple solution: Arrest truckers, move trucks.

Disruptive strikes will never gain my support, no matter the cause.

+36 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

because standing within the government designated areas holding signs while being pepper sprayed is definitely the way to get things done.

peaceful protests work only when the government cares about what the people think.

link   
reply to post by EvanB

judging by what has just happened in the last week, one only needs to mention the word 'shortage' and the resource is stripped from where it sits. the threat of is almost as powerful as the actual.
f

+9 more 
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

The government are not listening, are out of touch, and are just out for themselves...

We cannot go on with these petrol prices.. They are killing businesses and people are working harder just to fill their damn tanks up..

A drop in prices would actually help the economy and get us moving again... However... The so called clever people in charge do not seem to think so..

That... Or its done on purpose..

I do not mind some hardship to get at these bastards..
edit on 1-4-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This is what it will take.

This system is not going to stop until people seriously becoming willing, on a large scale, to start literally putting their lives on the line.

The only source of power that any government ultimately has, is force; their monopoly of violence. The only thing that is going to work against them, then, is for the people to simply stop doing what they are being asked, and demand to know whether or not the government is going to have them all shot as a consequence.

Some people will die, yes. But only a tiny minority; and in the end, if we do this, the system will be brought to its' knees.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
As an x hgv driver I've been watching this coming. So have TPTB thats why we've had so many hours of tv dedicated to demonising the trucker. According to the tv they are all pedo's or drive while eating a four course meal. That is the opinion of the sheeple now too.
They've also diluted them by allowing so many jobs to be taken by foriegn drivers.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
reply to post by EvanB

You only have that attitude, because you think you still have the luxury of being able to afford it.

I truly, sincerely look forward to a time when people like you begin being rounded up and put into concentration camps; and rest assured, that it is coming. Then when it finally happens, you might start to realise just how completely naive and ovine, to the point of utter delusion, you really are.

You might start to realise that the only thing that justifiers, and rationalisers, and collaborators, and appeasers, and those who insist on not rocking the boat, ultimately get, is death; [snipped]

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Actually I think the average Brit will support this action imo... Been a long time coming as you say..

+24 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Not only should the truckers strike, but so should the rest of the working class in the UK. You should all go on strike. Refuse to work, refuse to buy anything except food and buy that as locally as physically possible. Hunt and or fish if you can. Walk where you need to go, or ride a bicycle. Stop spending, stop consuming, stop working and you severely crimp their intake of your money.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Lots of brits slag off the french. But when it comes to unity and working for the good of the people. They all stick togeather and in a strike situation. They are shoulder to shoulder.
Wish us brits were the same when it comes to this sort of thing.
I hope they stop the whole system. Its the only way to show these rich a$$holes in our govt that we wont take no more of their we are all in it togeather bs. They are nothing but a bunch of traitors, they comitted treason by giving our power away to Europe, without the say so of us the people.
They should all be hung drawn and quartered.
VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!!
edit on 1-4-2012 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Egypt revolution started by high bread prices, will the UK one be started by petrol prices? Iv heard that the North Sea reserves reached the peak-oil quite some years ago, so where do the people plan to bring the oil in the future UK?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

The US and British governments have both just released our oil reserves too......

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

I think you are right.. That is one lesson we should learn from the French..

We have been to stupid and quiet for to long..

I also say viva la revolution!!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
reply to post by EvanB

Looking at your posting history, I'm wondering what you're even doing on this website. There's no doubt about the fact that you're pro-government, anti-freedom for citizens, and you fully support every controversial move the government makes, for whatever reason that may be. I can't think of any other reason other than you work for them. But that doesn't seem likely either because you're making it way too obvious by your posts, so this is a mystery indeed.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

I think the most tolerant nation on earth has just had enough...

www.dailymail.co.uk

"The most tolerant nation on earth"? Seriously? Blair showed that you guys are certainly capable of electing clones of G. W. Bush and fully supporting the massacre of civilians.

That being said, go truckers! It's about time that somebody, somewhere stands up against the corporatist bastards that are bleeding our respective nations dry. I'd like to see something like this go down in the U.S. as we certainly seem to lead the world in creating policy.

edit on 2-4-2012 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

The adage of you can fool some people some of the time but not all the people all of the time springs to mind

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
OMG

These pratts really need to go...

Ministers did nothing wrong by urging people to hoard petrol, William Hague claimed last night, as truckers warned they would join any strike by tanker drivers to ‘bring Britain to a halt’. The Foreign Secretary said ministers such as Francis Maude, who told people to fill their cars and keep jerry cans of fuel at home, had done ‘absolutely the right thing’. With polls showing support for the Coalition plummeting, Mr Hague suggested that panic buying had made Britain more resilient to any strikes. He said: ‘The country is in a better state of preparedness than a week ago for the eventuality of a tanker strike, so I think they have handled that correctly. 'My colleagues have done absolutely the right thing to urge people to take sensible precautions and they will be vindicated over the coming days. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...[/ex ]

edit on 2-4-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-4-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join