It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somebody help! My way cool silver border got TARNISHED!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
[size=10]AAAAAARRRRGGGHH!!

I swear, when I went to be last night, I had my regular, way cool, shiny, silver border around all my posts but, when I logged in this morning, they were all yucky brownish colored.

I never knew that silver could oxidize that fast. I guess it is my fault; I should have taken better care of it and polished it every once in a while to keep something like this from happening. I just got lazy and started taking my pretty silver border for granted.

Now look what's happened; its all yucky brownish looking and I can't get it back to its usual shiny, mirror like appearance. For some reason, I always though silver turned green when it tarnished but, I guess I was wrong. Maybe it turns brownish before it eventually turns to green.

Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions for me on how to clean up my poor tarnished silver border and get it back to its usual shiny luster?

I'm totally bummed this morning.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I can fix it for you. Please ask a mod to give me some of your stars and flags. 100 flags and 500 stars should do it.

Congrats on the new gold border.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Well, that was an interesting way to announce it, I'll grant you that, lol. But congrats on making the Wats list.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Okay, someone has to explain to me the difference between Bronze and Gold...the coloring isn't quite distinct enough to be easily distinguishable unless maybe one post bordering another in the same thread?

I'm guessing you got promoted in looking at your numbers..not demoted? Besides... isn't demotion at that level pretty much Ban? I didn't realize there was much inbetween for what they describe as 'Experienced Members'.

// sorry if I missed this as sarcasm... By being in Rants I was taking it seriously?
edit on 1-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think there's only 2 levels now - Silver and Gold. I'm probably wrong but I think the silver members are those listed 50 to 100 in the Wats rating while the top 50 are gold and listed here.

But, like I said, I could be wrong. I'm just sure I read somewhere a while ago that's how it was designed.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Hey Congrats FA! I've seen a lot of your posts and you deserve it. For anyone who might doubt it, they can just have a look at your Alternative 3 thread from yesterday. I've read about it before, and your thread added some nice pieces of the puzzle.

Now, as usual I have to veer off topic and say.... Dammmmmn, I wish I was that cat in your avatar!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek

Now, as usual I have to veer off topic and say.... Dammmmmn, I wish I was that cat in your avatar!

You know it, I could sit in that sniper's nest all day.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
WOOOOO WIAST THAT BANDWIDTH.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by spiderbadarse
WOOOOO WIAST THAT BANDWIDTH.

Somebody doesn't understand the meaning of BELOW Top Secret.

top topics

join