It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons Debate Abe Lincoln's Membership in Masonry : Speaking of Treasure Rooms !!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The following information comes directly from the files of Harmony Lodge #17, F.A.&A.M.. Washington, D.C..
This address was given on January 28th, 1914. The title: " Abraham Lincoln, Freemason." It was delivered by Dr. L.D. Carman, P.M.
It should be noted that this address was "Printed for private distrubution."
Here are some highlights of this speach.

ABRAHAM LINCOLN, FREEMASON

Worshipful Master and Bretheren:
The subject of my remarks this evening will be Abraham Lincoln, Freemason. It may be regarded as somewhat presumptuous to give this address this title, when Lincoln is not considered as one of the Masonic Presidents of the Untited States, and while "Abraham Lincoln and Freemasonry" might be deemed by some as a preferable title, Abraham Lincoln, Freemason, is neverthe less the subject.

While it has been said that anything can be proved in Masonry, it is not attempted to prove that Lincoln was a member of the secret society called Mormons or the secret society called Freemasons, but a number of interesting facts concerning Lincoln and his connection with our order are presented for consideration.

While Lincoln was never formally received into the Masonic Order, he first saw light in connection with his friendship and close association with Bowling Green. Honor to him who may safely be called the Masonic Preceptor of Abraham Lincoln.

There is much more to this address concerning Lincoln's membership in the Masons. You can find it here:
www.archive.org...

It should be noted that, concerning the Mexican War spoken of in this address, that Mexico is second only to Peru in the amount of treasure rooms and mines in the world. It is believed by many that the Mexican War was created for the purpose of taking over these treasures.

In Shermans March to the Sea we can see this same approach taking place, the looting of everything of value, all in the name of War.

One very important matter comes to the forefront with this statement about 'slavery" and these "blue lodges as they call them everywhere doing their secret and deadly work." Masonry and its concepts were actually "stolen" from Africa, from the people of Africa. Some TRUE experts believe that this may explain slavery in the South.
That slavery may have been created to show that the "white man's" Masonic beliefs were "greater than, or, better than" the rituals of the Negro, so the white's simply enslaved them. It would be interesting to know how many plantation owners were Masonic.

Albert Pike, a well known 33rd degree Mason, was part of the KKK, some say he started the KKK. Pike was also from the South and he may have used the KKK for the purposes of intimidating these slaves, yes, even killing them, to "show them whose craft was better."

In closing, Lincoln was, indeed, a Mason. The very fact that we see a Masonic Lodge, in 1914, trying to say that he was is enough for me. But it doesn't stop there. Every Lodge along the funeral train path was there to honor him.
Good ole "Honest Abe." Funny how Masons use words that describe the exact oposite of what they are.

edit on Sun Apr 1 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
So what if Good old Honest Abe was, or wasn't a Mason....so freakin' what....

Has it affected your world in some way that has left you wanting for something. Didn't get what you consider your fair share of some secret treasure. That's all you ever post about.

Here we go again.....

Des

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
i get where you're taking it, but if you research ALL masonic orders and practices you'll realize most of it doesn't have a negative connotation each and every time

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by visinequeen
i get where you're taking it, but if you research ALL masonic orders and practices you'll realize most of it doesn't have a negative connotation each and every time

Thank You for having a cooler head than I. The Masons as an organization, have done some really good deeds in my area. Helping those less fortunate, asking nothing in return.

Des

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by visinequeen

Thank You for having a cooler head than I. The Masons as an organization, have done some really good deeds in my area. Helping those less fortunate, asking nothing in return.

Des

LOL considering most of the time, i'm the one to jump to "everyone's a satanist", not everything is simply black or white.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dign4it

Oh Dign4it -- there you are again, going on and on about the evil freemasons.

At this point, I have to commend you for your dedication to this movement, for you have singly told me things about the freemasons that even I didn't know!

Your obsession with bashing the freemasons is getting old. I wonder what it is you do on your free time? Torture kittens perhaps?

If you spent more time learning about Freemasonry, instead of your insistant speculations, perhaps you would find more time to spend on your hobby.

Meowwwww.....

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dign4it

Boo! The freemasons are watching you....
edit on 1-4-2012 by phantomjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dign4it

Well, just because he knew some Masons doesn't mean he was one.

The Grand Lodge of Illinois recessed their meeting being held during the 1860 Presidential campaign to call on Abraham Lincoln, a candidate in that election, and he is reported to have said, "Gentlemen, I have always entertained a profound respect for the Masonic fraternity and have long cherished a desire to become a member..." (3)

When a Mason told Lincoln in a conversation during that campaign that all his opponents were Freemasons, especially noting that Stephen A. Douglas was an early member of the Masonic lodge in Springfield, Lincoln's home town, and he was not, Lincoln replied, "I am not a Freemason, Dr. Morris, though I have great respect for the institution." (4)

SOURCE

You should also see this from Masonic Info:

He applied for membership in Tyrian Lodge, Springfield, Illinois shortly after his nomination for the presidency in 1860. However, he withdrew his application because he felt that his application for membership at that time might be interpreted as a political tactic to obtain additional votes. He advised the lodge that he would resubmit his application again when he returned from his service as president. Lincoln, as we know, never returned. On the death of the President, Tyrian Lodge adopted, on April 17, 1865, a resolution to say "...that the decision of President Lincoln to postpone his application for the honors of Freemasonry, lest his motives be misconstrued, is the highest degree honorable to his memory."

What exactly was stolen from Africa that pertains to Freemasonry? Which plantation owners were Masons? I'm not saying it's unlikely, but I just want you to provide names; evidence...for one.

Albert Pike was not a member of the KKK.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

This should be interesting. I'll wait for the OP to respond to your point blank question. Won't place any bets on it though. He usually just tosses a poison pill, then runs when starting these threads.

If anything, I think he's shown, by others replying, that the Masons aren't the evil empire he tries to make them out to be.

How funny is that.....

Des

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dign4it

Abe Lincoln applied for membership to Tyrian Lodge in Springfield Ill. in 1860. He was never initiated.

Not really sure why he would apply for membership and then not become a member, probably because he began a length tour of the states for his Presidency. I can be thankful, I find Lincoln to be a disgrace of a President who upheld absolutely none of the tenements of Masonry in his life.

(Apparently Lincoln wrote a letter to the lodge saying his application may appear to be a "ruse to obtain votes" and would re-apply when his presidency concluded. Which of course didn't happen because he was assassinated.)
edit on 4/1/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
you should turn your obsession to the boyscouts or whatever

the whole free mason thing has been beaten to death, there is nothing new to add

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Nuh uh!! Treasure rooms!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Better said ‘’ boo.. . the Great Architect of the Universe is watching you’’

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dign4it
Albert Pike, a well known 33rd degree Mason, was part of the KKK, some say he started the KKK. Pike was also from the South and he may have used the KKK for the purposes of intimidating these slaves, yes, even killing them, to "show them whose craft was better."

Just no.

I know you don't have the stones to answer me on this so I won't even bother directing this to you.

For those who wish to learn true history and not regurgitated hoaxes and lies, doing the research of a 2nd grader will prove this to be part of a hoax. But I suppose when the mentality of a 2nd grader is such an un-obtainable goal, this is what you get. Stupid is as stupid does. Over, and over, and over and over.............

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dign4it

Would really appreciate a reply to the message I sent you. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HardToStarboard
reply to post by dign4it

Well...it's been many hours since you posted the above message to the OP.

Still crickets huh......he never replies to any questions.

Des

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I think I can speak with some authority on this matter as Master of a lodge in Illinois. Abraham Lincoln, while practicing traveling law, used our original lodge room to prepare cases and practice for debates with Douglas.

Abraham Lincoln was not a mason, but did write in letters that he had great respect for the organization. Ironically he also stated that he didn't feel he could live up to the ideals of masonry.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by HardToStarboard
reply to post by dign4it

Well...it's been many hours since you posted the above message to the OP.

Still crickets huh......he never replies to any questions.

Des

Somehow I don't think I'll be getting a reply from him. I'm not sure whether he's afraid or intimidated to take on a one-on-one conversation or what. I only messaged him because he brought up a very strong statement in one of his threads that I feel needs to be investigated (a legal matter that he implies a brother mason or masons is involved in). I simply wanted to clear that up.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by HardToStarboard

Fret not. He's due to start a new thread anytime. You can ask him again. I doubt he even comes back to a thread once he starts it, to read the replies. But, maybe there are other members here, who might be able to answer a question for you?

Des

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

reply to post by HardToStarboard

Fret not. He's due to start a new thread anytime. You can ask him again. I doubt he even comes back to a thread once he starts it, to read the replies. But, maybe there are other members here, who might be able to answer a question for you?

Des

They can't answer the question because he's the one who stated it. If it's true then I'm planning on contacting the lodge and filing masonic charges against whomever is responsible (I'm a mason myself).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join