It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being over charged for food...say something or let it go?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

That doesn't surprise me. I have heard of all kinds of "tricks" people do in fast food places or even grocery stores and restaurants to get free items or money. This can happen though in any work environment.

When I worked at Winn Dixie, the stockers would open a 12 pack of coke and fill it with beer then reseal it and buy it. So they had a 12 pack of beer instead of coke and the cashier didn't have a clue. We didn't find out til after they were fired. They would also mark items as bad just so they could have them when in fact they were just fine. Items that were out of date or damaged were usually thrown away or employees could have them if they were boxed items or canned goods. Potato chips were also given out.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Funily enough, more often than not I get undercharged! This is usually at a restaurant where the drinks are put on the tab, I don't know how they get it mixed up but only yesterday I was undercharged by at least £8 for drinks

And yes, I do always own up, otherwise I would be too scared to go back

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

No, no you can't expect much from people these days. It's a difference in how we were raised, I guess. You were probably raised to take pride in any job and to hold your head up high no matter what more than likely.

I was raised that it's shameful to work in fast food past your teenage years and that you're just a useless slob and nothing more than a drain on society if you do and aren't, at least, in school.

<< 1   >>

join