It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large arms seizure at Mexican border?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I was half asleep last night and heard a blurb on the radio about a recent arms seizure at the US/Mexican border. They said that there were Arabic language notes written on the cache. It went on to mention that some Arizona state official's comments about it.

Has anyone else heard this news? I did a google search and an ATS search with the only result being the arms cache found in 2010 and no Arabic notes connected with it.

It may be the precursor to a false flag operation, but I would expect the MSM to carry the story a little stronger.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

nothing yet from my search...r u april foolin me?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

Not at all.
I was half asleep, but I am sure that I heard correctly the part that I posted.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
yeah, i heard it mentioned last night too. it was on the coast to coast AM radio show at the very beginning, but i fell asleep and didn't hear any reference as to where this is coming from

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Thanks, that would be where I heard it then.

Usually the beginning stories are actual news from the MSM wires, so I would think we could find a link in the MSM.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I've been expecting this since 911. It's has probably been going on since then, just not reported or not investigated. I'll be keeping an eye on this post. Thanks.
edit on 1-4-2012 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Probably a new shipment going IN from the Obama Administration and Eric Holder. Fast and Furious 2.0 in you will.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I did some searching around and I'm wondering it what you heard was a blend of two stories.

There was a seizure of ammo recently going into Mexico.

NOGALES, AZ (CBS5) -
Authorities have arrested a man who claimed he lost the key to a storage compartment that turned out to contain more than 10,000 pounds of ammunition.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection said the 47-year-old man from Nogales, Sonora, was headed to Mexico when officers at the Nogales Port inspected his vehicle
kpho.com

And then I found this story from a few days prior (March 23, 2012). It's an opinion piece from Arizona State Senator Sylvia Allen titled Hezbollah terror threat on U.S.-Mexico border is real.

From that article:

On Jan. 27 of this year, Fox News reported that an Iranian-published book about suicide bombers was found in the Arizona desert near the Mexican border. The book, published in Iran and called ‘In Memory of Our Martyrs,’ was found by a U.S. Border Patrol agent from the Casa Grande substation who was patrolling a route known for smuggling illegal immigrants and drugs. The book contained short biographies of Islamic suicide bombers and other Islamic militants who died carrying out attacks.
azcapitoltimes.com

So maybe the two stories where linked in a not too clear way when the report was given? Sort of a "this happened and this happened" but they didn't clarify that it was two separate things? Just guessing. I'm gonna be on the look out hoping they post the show from last night on Youtube, I'd like to hear the report.

OiO

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Thanks. It could just be a blend. I hope so, anyway.

Maybe a member here is also a subscriber to the coast to coast website and could give us info on what was reported there last night.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

It's finally posted on Youtube.

The bit you heard is at about 4:14, still can't find a news article with those same elements all in one.

OiO

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Thanks again. That is what I heard.

Now I wish I knew what his source for that info was. Troubling if true. You would think that we would see something about it in the news somewhere.

Maybe it isn't true.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Thanks again. That is what I heard.

Now I wish I knew what his source for that info was. Troubling if true. You would think that we would see something about it in the news somewhere.

Maybe it isn't true.

You are welcome!!

I have said before on ATS, I wish that anyone reporting "news" had to link to a source of some sort. I'm not saying they would have to disclose confidential sources, just have a page setup that linked to the information given on air. I don't know how many times I've heard a news report on the radio or TV and could not find anything about it else where. But I guess that kind of standard from broadcast media would greatly cut down on them being able to sensationalize a story.

OiO

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I found this>
www.dailypaul.com...
edit on 1-4-2012 by cavtrooper7 because: link wasn't right

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I just sent an email to the show's producer asking for their source for that story.
I will post the reply, if I get one.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
I found this>
www.dailypaul.com...
edit on 1-4-2012 by cavtrooper7 because: link wasn't right

Thank you.

I am really wondering if there is a mix-up on the story. This is from the 2010 seizure of arms. The email mentions Arabic inscriptions on the weapons.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
We never get to hear about all the ops going down in the US because we can't expose the operations,but it is quite safe to assume we are being tested daily .
Can some operators back me on this?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

well you were half asleep, maybe you dreamed it?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyesontheskies

well you were half asleep, maybe you dreamed it?

No, the audio from Coast to Coast AM has been posted above.
I listened to the clip and can verify that I actually heard it.
edit on 1-4-2012 by butcherguy because: Added link

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
When fast and furious doesn't get you there, you've gotta go faster and furiouser?

new topics

top topics

join