It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh GOD!! It looks as if ATS has started to enter into the the Idiotic plane...batten down the hatche

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Last time I checked, this website is called Above Top Secret, where people come to discuss all kinds of things, including alternate ideas, the paranormal, the unexplained, and UFO's. If a 2012 thread has stuck in your craw this badly, maybe it's time to seek other websites. I for one enjoy these types of threads, as silly as they are. And really, who are you to mock those that want to believe? If you don't agree, change the channel.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by xenongod
Been in and out of ATS for many years myself, haven't seen any dates older than my own either,

Groingrinder from Apache Junction first clued me in that there was a forum named:
"Above Top Secret"...

i believe GG had been a member before 2004 or even 2003...
.... i myself had an old IBM PC with a 500mb memory back then which got infested with virus & worms and i then came back as StUdio with a up-to-date computer

my own observation is that many of the members back then, were interested in impressing everyone with a type of in-depth journalism/ research? threads... with the eventual goal of becoming a Mod on a grown ATS

but the site was not stuffy and inflexible like "Salon" or other sites that wallowed in 50¢ words trying to outdo one another instead of just exchanging knowledge on a personal level
edit on 1-4-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Thank you for your contribution, You said it better than i could.

Its about the bigger picture and I think some people are taking it way too personally. I was merely making an observation. the truth of the matter is I never said we were any better. I just said that given the gifts they have been awarded the kids of today really are squandering it.

Maybe its because they have always had it and dont really understand what it is they have or maybe its the fluoride and MTV I dont know, all i know is the morons I see on the trains everyday are going to be our future leaders we are in more trouble than we realize.

I will disagree with you on some of the points you raised here. One, you are only blaming youth, without stepping back far enough to see culpability within all age groups. There is enough to pass around in equal measure.

I do not see that youth are squandering anything, actually I see them making the attempt to take it ALL in. Nevertheless, this in and of itself is problematic because the brain is yet unable to do this, it is too much too fast, as a result the brain goes into overload. There is so much available you simply cannot take it all in. Yet they are trying. The fact that they are trying is only to their detriment however, it is bound to fail because the brain cannot handle it all, and there is not enough time in one day.

This leads to a need for escapism, which the power brokers happily provide.

In this adults can better assist youth by emphasizing specialization in learning. Place limits on technology access time, making sure there are large breaks, away from any form of technology, this includes phones and TV as well as internet. Once something becomes learned behavior, it will be continued through adulthood.

As to the culpability of adults in positions of power, they are taking advantage of the youth. They know exactly what sensory overload does and are running an entire country in a manner that takes advantage of this. Rather than attempting to help the youth, they are using this knowledge to solidify their power, and creating programs of policy that intensify these effects.

Adults with children leave them without any compass in which to guide them because they are never around. Always working in order to obtain the material, then buying off their children due to guilt, rather than making necessary sacrifices in order to raise them in a healthy manner. It is parents who left their children to feed off the internet, cell phones and TV 24/7, it is the parents who allowed the power brokers to feed off their parenting styles, and they are unwilling to take any blame.

Yes, the country, nah the world, is going downhill... and we are seeing the effects of all we caused, and allowed, but it is not the fault of any one group, we all have ample blame on our shoulders.

What needs to happen is that everyone needs to realize this, and at about the same time, for it to stop. Youth and adults alike. As it stands, the power brokers will win if we continue the loop.

edit on 1-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela

Thank you for your contribution, You said it better than i could.

Its about the bigger picture and I think some people are taking it way too personally. I was merely making an observation. the truth of the matter is I never said we were any better. I just said that given the gifts they have been awarded the kids of today really are squandering it.

Maybe its because they have always had it and dont really understand what it is they have or maybe its the fluoride and MTV I dont know, all i know is the morons I see on the trains everyday are going to be our future leaders we are in more trouble than we realize.

I will disagree with you on some of the points you raised here. One, you are only blaming youth, without stepping back far enough to see culpability within all age groups. There is enough to pass around in equal measure.

I do not see that youth are squandering anything, actually I see them making the attempt to take it ALL in. Nevertheless, this in and of itself is problematic because the brain is yet unable to do this, it is too much too fast, as a result the brain goes into overload. There is so much available you simply cannot take it all in. Yet they are trying. The fact that they are trying is only to their detriment however, it is bound to fail because the brain cannot handle it all, and there is not enough time in one day.

This leads to a need for escapism, which the power brokers happily provide.

In this adults can better assist youth by emphasizing specialization in learning. Place limits on technology access time, making sure there are large breaks, away from any form of technology, this includes phones and TV as well as internet. Once something becomes learned behavior, it will be continued through adulthood.

As to the culpability of adults in positions of power, they are taking advantage of the youth. They know exactly what sensory overload does and are running an entire country in a manner that takes advantage of this. Rather than attempting to help the youth, they are using this knowledge to solidify their power, and creating programs of policy that intensify these effects.

Adults with children leave them without any compass in which to guide them because they are never around. Always working in order to obtain the material, then buying off their children due to guilt, rather than making necessary sacrifices in order to raise them in a healthy manner. It is parents who left their children to feed off the internet, cell phones and TV 24/7, it is the parents who allowed the power brokers to feed off their parenting styles.

Adults also feed off only their viewpoint, without looking from others' perspectives. They only gravitate toward the like minded, instead of learning what others have to offer. Then proceed to push their viewpoint like a drug, instead of being open-minded and willing to admit their own mistakes.

Yes, the country, nah the world, is going downhill... and we are seeing the effects of all we caused, and allowed, but it is not the fault of any one group, we all have ample blame on our shoulders.

What needs to happen is that everyone needs to realize this, and at about the same time, for it to stop. Youth have to come to the knowledge and realization of the effects of their attempts at seeking too much knowledge, and stop the things that cause the effects, adults need to stop doing their wrongs, then as one confront the power brokers who are taking advantage of all.

well lets just say some people are capable of handling large amounts of information faster than others.

Just like some people can run faster or think quicker. Its got nothing to do with age its to do with innate ability. Which may be genetic or cultural.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

well lets just say some people are capable of handling large amounts of information faster than others.

Just like some people can run faster or think quicker. Its got nothing to do with age its to do with innate ability. Which may be genetic or cultural.

I believe that youth who were born in the internet age are able to handle much greater quantities of information at a faster rate than adults who were not born in the internet era, but even so, you see a great number of individuals who end up attention deficit as a result of trying to take it all in.

The ones who are not attention deficit as a result of this have a greater amount of time away from all things technological, more time spent in the 'real world'

Balance must be sought, because without this balance, the greatest numbers in society will be less intelligent as a result because they will be unable to focus for more than a few minutes at a time. Again, a direct result of trying to take in too much too fast, rather than specializing.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman

Last time I checked, this website is called Above Top Secret, where people come to discuss all kinds of things, including alternate ideas, the paranormal, the unexplained, and UFO's. If a 2012 thread has stuck in your craw this badly, maybe it's time to seek other websites. I for one enjoy these types of threads, as silly as they are. And really, who are you to mock those that want to believe? If you don't agree, change the channel.

So people can make absurd claims with no relevance to reality facts or logic and thats fine but if I say that such activity is taking away from the quality of this site then thats a bad thing????

OK then......

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela

I believe that youth who were born in the internet age are able to handle much greater quantities of information at a faster rate than adults who were not born in the internet era, but even so, you see a great number of individuals who end up attention deficit as a result of trying to take it all in.

The ones who are not attention deficit as a result of this have a greater amount of time away from all things technological, more time spent in the 'real world'

Balance must be sought, because without this balance, the greatest numbers in society will be less intelligent as a result because they will be unable to focus for more than a few minutes at a time. Again, a direct result of trying to take in too much too fast, rather than specializing.

I think for the most part we are both coming from the same direction albeit from different elevations.

I appreciate your input and I do agree with what you say. I'm just a little less forgiving.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

it more than takes away from the quality of one website, it takes away from the quality of our society imho. But you have to properly understand cause, and accept some measure of responsibility for the effect.

All this is my opinion based on observation and reading books on these topics. Everyone is free to come to their own conclusions, but it is always better to examine ALL possible causes before criticizing the effect.

Very good discussion though, and I commend you efforts here.

I think for the most part we are both coming from the same direction albeit from different elevations. I appreciate your input and I do agree with what you say. I'm just a little less forgiving.

everyone has their own way and manner in which they express themselves and view things, but yes I believe we do agree, the only thing I am trying to get you to do is to step farther back and see a much larger picture. It is helpful to do that, but often that can be the hardest of all. (I know this from experience
)

nice discussing with you

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

What i do have a problem with is the lack of intelligence of the majority. Who are so busy trying to prove how intelligent and knowledgeable they are that they immediately take up sides and dont discuss the topic logically which turns the entire thread into a pointless diatribe of " is too" "is not".

I just thought that was funny :-)

I had to go back to the OP to see if this was for real - on page 4 now...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

They look upon knowledge as uncool and laugh at intelligence preferring ignorance and even lauding it.

They laugh at intelligence? :-)

Everybody thinks they know what smart is - things being relative and all...I think this is something older people say about the younger generation to make them feel better about being older. I catch myself saying things just like this sometimes - it's a real clue to where you are when you say it

High-school never really goes away - does it?

When I first got here (ATS - in case you don't know where you are) I got involved in a thread with someone who wanted anything and everything having to do with GFL to just go away - apparently it was bringing down 'the tone' and legitimacy of the site (ATS - in case you don't know where you are)

It takes all types - doesn't it? And that's what we have here - at ATS. I get tired of stuff too...it's repetitive, it's annoying - it's dumb. People don't spell good here sometimes - or talk right. Some don't even seem to know how to use punctuation properly

:-)

Anyhow...at some point I wake up and realize - there's a real nice mix here

My mood changes - and how I feel about this place changes with my mood. When my mood is good - I could not love this place more - and I love it just the way it is

There are people here that are so bright, and write so beautifully - they contribute some amazing things - and I have to wonder on a regular basis why they bother to hang out here at all

Then - there are people here who are so very bright - and write so beautifully...but it's not the way they write - it is what they write that gets to me and keeps me coming back for more

ATS is egalitarian - and snobbishness can rob us all of so much

I would rather read a serious thread about finding unicorns in a city park written by someone with heart than a thread of 'real importance' written by someone who is just going through the motions and looking for pats

If you choose not to believe this thats your choice im just telling you what i see on the streets.

thanks Starsky...or is it Hutch :-)

You know what I see on the streets? Bunches and bunches of kids yammering in some language that sounds like it used to be English - but it's not. I can barely understand a thing they're saying...

How cool is that? They've created a new language

One that I am apparently too dumb to learn :-)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

By no means is it a modern phenomenon but it's polarization and number of fanatics has grown larger. And we didn't gave the kind of connectivity we have today with Facebook twitter and other forms of social media used to influence the minds of the weak.

It may be that because of the Internet and modern globalization that it appears that the polarization has grown larger, but the tears of Hypatia that dampened the roads of Alexandria as she was mercilessly beaten and her mangled and broken body drug through the streets of Alexandria only to be burned in the Caesareum by the outraged fanatical Christians suggests otherwise. Hypatia was a Greek philosopher in Roman Egypt during the 4th Century of classical antiquity, and at a time when the polarization between Roman pagans, Christians and Jews was more than just a little dangerous.

Everything old is new again, and I sit and watch the children play games we used to play they think are new, and I sit and watch as tears go by...

Jean Paul, I like reading your posts, because they are so well written and insightful. I'm not surprised you are in the teaching profession.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Originally posted by seentoomuch
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

If your generation wants to have a nice world (which we did and we were successful at many things) you have to move forward. Spending all your energy on the blame game is a waste of time. Move Forward.

If you represent "your" generation then it is arguable that "your" generation is woefully lacking in the paying attention department. You have willfully ignored my own assertion that blame is irrelevant in order to now pretend that I am playing some kind of blame game instead of simply pointing out that today's youth do not seem to be any more stupid than any previous generation, and ironically, you seem hell bent on proving my point.

You are so misunderstood, Jean Paul.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by adnachiel21
I I'm over ATS so much.

Looks to me like you never got under it too much. 120 posts in 4 years? I've heard of part-timers but.........dam.

Don't get me wrong, that's a good thing. But don't get too disheartened about this place. I stated in another thread yesterday that there is more to ATS than just the current events, 2012, etc..... Check the off-topic forums further down on the forums page.

People can have fun here if they want to. Thing is, with the current event stuff, that's where people take things too seriously and get in pissing matches. I've been guilty of that myself in the past but then realized I wanted to have a better reputation than that.

Just find the people you like to read, friend them, and then follow only them. That way you won't have to be bogged down by all the BS and say that ATS is going to hell in a hand-basket.

Just a suggestion.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I dislike your posts.

I think what ATS has is a lot of free thinkers and a lot of trolls.

People have to realise that even though predictions, and claims that have little evidence to back them up, cannot always be false. We live on a planet in a infinite universe with many other dimensions co-existing. I don't think its anything short of magic. So, in reality nothing is impossible.

As in, "nothing is new under the sun."

As in, people use to believe the world was flat and the idea that it was round was laughed at. Right now you are laughing until some things that you trolls might find stupid could be really, real.

No matter how idiotic and stupid something might sound I never try to bring someone down, at least they are waking up to some of the idea's, at least they are apart of ATS, rather than being a complete sheeple. Not all of us on ATS are over educated book writing old professors.

I think with logic, and I believe logic is when you take all of the answers and add them up to make your own answer. I'd rather hear any answer than no answer, so I can still wrap my head about any idea, no matter how stupid.

I think some of the ATS'ers don't want people to wake up. How can you put down any idea coming from a website that promotes the ideas of these conspiracies, ex. aliens, illuminati, what have you.

You are being irrational and judge mental.
edit on 1-4-2012 by jakupairs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Yes based on my observations it has becomes increasingly clear to me that ATS has in fact entered into the Idiotic plane. The ancient ATSers were true when they warned the coming generation that this day would come, They build those megalithic threads with information and substance to warn of of these dark days that are about to start here and everywhere else on the planet when stupidity and idiocy flourish like never before.

It seems we have reached a point of critical mass with the level of stupidity on here. I say this every 2 or 3 years but it seems like we have reached a new high or low as the case may be (at least they keep striving for new levels of stupid)

case in point.

current threads that are generating the most waste of electricity.

"End of World" Imminent: This WARNING is very real.

as if anything more needs to be said

This is getting VERY real now.

some dolphins died.....quick run for the hills.

and then you have all these dam racial threads

im not going to list them if you want you can go find them yourself

Its not the thread itself that I have a problem with, I believe everybody has the right to their opinion and as such should have the right to speak it. What i do have a problem with is the lack of intelligence of the majority. Who are so busy trying to prove how intelligent and knowledgeable they are that they immediately take up sides and dont discuss the topic logically which turns the entire thread into a pointless diatribe of " is too" "is not".

95% of the threads INCLUDING this one should not be on ATS. but as the stupidity goes up a balance must be drawn.

Please people for the sake of the children think before you post, READ before you post. There are so many instances where people will go off on something that doesn't even have a relevance to the topic.

And for the love of god keep an eye out for trolls. dont be so god dam gullible.

They play you so easily its actually sad to watch. I know most of this will fall on deaf ears, for one people hate being wrong and worse hate being played. This is why the political system never changes. People hate admitting they made a mistake. So instead of saying " yeah we f#$ed up" they go on the offensive and attack the other person instead. All the people that voted for Bush jr should be castrated so they can never reproduce again. Stupidity and lack of vision such as that should be removed from the gene pool.

So whats the conspiracy here you ask? What do you think is the conspiracy? Is it that the world as a whole is getting dumber while a very select few are getting exponentially smarter? yes thats one.

Is it that ATS is a macrocosm of the USA and other western countries and thus demonstrate the true racial and economic biases that come with countries of wealth and how they treat their working class or paid slaves.I would say yes.

Is it that People are too lazy and stupid to take a stand when they know the fantasy they thought they were living in starts to fade and the reality of the slums they are living in starts to dawn on them, And as a result they will lash out at anybody just so they can feel empowered again?? yeah maybe

The conspiracy here is that most people will read this post and only see what they want to see. Some will see a rant. some will see a joke and some maybe a very small minority will see the truth. The truth as it is subjective to the observer truth. Not a your tube link not a blog post of somebodies theories about reptilians or demons just a truth as to what is really going on...The manipulation of the masses.

They love to keep the fools distracted, and if your not being informed your being distracted. so please ask yourself before you post or comment. How is this helping to educate and not facilitate the ongoing dumbing down of the world.

Looking over your posts it is easy to see you have contributed absolutely nothing of substance to the forum except distraction and criticism of people you don't agree with (or pretend not to) who are posting on the global changes and geo engineering projects.

My suggestion to you is that if you don't believe a thread has merit is to do what any person who really believed that would do, to ignore it.
But then that is not your job and you know the threads you attack have merit.
One thing I think you should be aware of is that if what 'they' told you was true and you and your family had berths in the bunkers, you would not be exposed or allowed to post on the internet, If fact you might find yourself facing unforeseen 'obstacles' (like for instance a 9mm sleeping pill) the instant you become a liability to the 'things' you serve. You are not 'in'. trust me, I grew up in a family that is, and by participating in this disinformation program you are putting yourself and your family at unnecessary risk.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

I do voluntary work with young kids in my town and they are no different to how I was when I was a kid. They are definitely more tech savvy, but, I would argue that is a good thing. The reason they come to the youth club, is because they get to be with all their mates and enjoy themselves, whether playing football, cooking , making music. Then all the other social reactions that come with it, like flirting, a bit of fighting and some name calling. The usual kid stuff. Just pushing boundaries. We have a computer and a games console, but most , even the boys like to get in the kitchen and make a meal.

We are always given a very bad image of kids in my country. People are quick to demonise youngsters without giving them a chance. No wonder some of them rebel , when they feel so alienated from wider society.
edit on 1-4-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
EDIT: Actually... I'm making a thread.
edit on 1-4-2012 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
You know what i can't stand? Spelling errors. There is spell check! I read through four or five posts on this page before I hit one. I'm sorry, but the second you spell a word wrong when all you have to do is right click on the word with the squiggly red line and choose a correctly spelled word, then something is wrong. If you can't spell a word right in a text box, then I have a very hard time believing the validity of whatever you are saying.

If you can't spell with spell check, or can't figure out how to use it, don't post.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SalvationIsWaiting

If you can't spell with spell check, or can't figure out how to use it, don't post.

Gram nazi
using spell check is terrible
make you spell worse AND LAZY
Look up the word it will do you better
edit on 1-4-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman

So people can make absurd claims with no relevance to reality facts or logic and thats fine but if I say that such activity is taking away from the quality of this site then thats a bad thing????

OK then......

People are going to believe what they choose. And really, how do you back up a claim that the world is about to end? LOL

Hey, I got a link to prove this... hold on!

I don't know how long you've been posting on the internet.. but one of the best forums used to be anomalies. net. Oh how I wish it were still around. I was posting back in the John Titor days when he first surfaced there.

It was FUN.

This place is in the toilet. Everyone is angry, everyone has an agenda. You can't just discuss something even as silly as it is, without people going crazy mad.

I left ATS for awhile because of it. Looks like I'm heading for a break again soon.

I mean, ATS, that's where we can come to talk about the end of the world... and other things we can't prove.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join