It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh GOD!! It looks as if ATS has started to enter into the the Idiotic plane...batten down the hatche

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Yes based on my observations it has becomes increasingly clear to me that ATS has in fact entered into the Idiotic plane. The ancient ATSers were true when they warned the coming generation that this day would come, They build those megalithic threads with information and substance to warn of of these dark days that are about to start here and everywhere else on the planet when stupidity and idiocy flourish like never before.

It seems we have reached a point of critical mass with the level of stupidity on here. I say this every 2 or 3 years but it seems like we have reached a new high or low as the case may be (at least they keep striving for new levels of stupid)

case in point.

current threads that are generating the most waste of electricity.

"End of World" Imminent: This WARNING is very real.

as if anything more needs to be said

This is getting VERY real now.

some dolphins died.....quick run for the hills.

and then you have all these dam racial threads

im not going to list them if you want you can go find them yourself

Its not the thread itself that I have a problem with, I believe everybody has the right to their opinion and as such should have the right to speak it. What i do have a problem with is the lack of intelligence of the majority. Who are so busy trying to prove how intelligent and knowledgeable they are that they immediately take up sides and dont discuss the topic logically which turns the entire thread into a pointless diatribe of " is too" "is not".

95% of the threads INCLUDING this one should not be on ATS. but as the stupidity goes up a balance must be drawn.

Please people for the sake of the children think before you post, READ before you post. There are so many instances where people will go off on something that doesn't even have a relevance to the topic.

And for the love of god keep an eye out for trolls. dont be so god dam gullible.

They play you so easily its actually sad to watch. I know most of this will fall on deaf ears, for one people hate being wrong and worse hate being played. This is why the political system never changes. People hate admitting they made a mistake. So instead of saying " yeah we f#$ed up" they go on the offensive and attack the other person instead. All the people that voted for Bush jr should be castrated so they can never reproduce again. Stupidity and lack of vision such as that should be removed from the gene pool.

So whats the conspiracy here you ask? What do you think is the conspiracy? Is it that the world as a whole is getting dumber while a very select few are getting exponentially smarter? yes thats one.

Is it that ATS is a macrocosm of the USA and other western countries and thus demonstrate the true racial and economic biases that come with countries of wealth and how they treat their working class or paid slaves.I would say yes.

Is it that People are too lazy and stupid to take a stand when they know the fantasy they thought they were living in starts to fade and the reality of the slums they are living in starts to dawn on them, And as a result they will lash out at anybody just so they can feel empowered again?? yeah maybe

The conspiracy here is that most people will read this post and only see what they want to see. Some will see a rant. some will see a joke and some maybe a very small minority will see the truth. The truth as it is subjective to the observer truth. Not a your tube link not a blog post of somebodies theories about reptilians or demons just a truth as to what is really going on...The manipulation of the masses.

They love to keep the fools distracted, and if your not being informed your being distracted. so please ask yourself before you post or comment. How is this helping to educate and not facilitate the ongoing dumbing down of the world.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Well, if you want a thread that had some work put into it, check this out;
Alternative 3

Or, you could visit the best damn thread on this whole site: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I S@F this because I believe what you have said is spot on.

I have actually posted on some of those "stupid" threads ie, "The Bird Is The Word", telling them pretty much what you stated here. And you know what happened?
A mod came along and decided it was "off-topic" so they deleted it. I now believe that ATS itself is in control of "dis-info mods" who are trying to break down the level of quality in ATS.

For the love of god, DENY IGNORANCE.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Yeah, well, the world may not come to an end but the quality of ATS most certainly is, and not just because of end of the world threads - look at all this Trayvon/Zimmerman CRAP.

This is a conspiracy website, every god damn point people are making has been made on mainstream media outlets.

Do the #ing math.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It's user generated content, it's expected. Although, they should be prepared for the naysayers.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I agree. While our mods do an incredible job some trolls from their homeland (youtube, facebood, and twitter) and spew their pointless comments wasting brain power and electricity. There are however still good and honest members who come here to contribute and learn

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It matters not what you post,someone on here will make it a point to disagree with you and someone will insult you or be abrasive towards you or your viewpoint.
As for "entering"?No it's been here

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
remember this website is what you make it.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I would have to say that as the site grows with new members every day from all walks of life and ages,the material expressed, evidently surpasses the expected.Nothing stays gold ponyboy

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I have been on ATS for a very long time,before signing up.I live in Europe,and some of the political topics here simply baffle me.Most of the topics aren't about conspiracies anymore,they are about politics and they bore me to death.It has become the same whether I go to ATS or CNN.And if a topic comes up having anything to do with something else besides Obama,Trayvon Martin,or Ron Paul,few member(you know who you are) jump right up to debunk it.I'm sick of it,and I'm over ATS so much.But I really appreciate the civil environment.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The TM GZ case IS a conspiracy. There's lots of angles to it and it's got me fixed. I am a fan of crime dramas, I guess.

This is such a large site with so many members, there's going to be all kinds of things put out there and as long as you're keeping the discussion going and not being ignorant or hateful, I don't see a problem with ANY topic, really.

I haven't been here all that long nor do I post that much but when I do, it's on subjects that catch my attention. There's something for everyone here, that's for sure. I've seen many threads and individual posts that literally make my eyes roll but that's okay, I move on. It's not the end of the world, it's the internet.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This site is indeed user driven and the point im trying to make.

If you allow these moronic threads to flourish and take off that's all we will have in 2 years time.

Do you think the 6 o clock news went from actual news to entertainment tonight in one day???

No of course not, it always starts small. "oh did you hear madonna adopted another kid, oh yes and we also invaded a sovereign country but did you hear Brad and Jen are breaking up"

Now its all a joke, you know it I know it but what do we do? I for one turned off the TV. thats how you choose

DONT PARTICIPATE.

When you see these threads that are blatantly emotionally charged to get a reaction out of you DONT REACT...

If you see someone trying to bait you DONT BITE..its not rocket science.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Been in and out of ATS for many years myself, haven't seen any dates older than my own either, HRMMM?! I come here for original and new topics and end up getting some comic relief out of it now. My humor is strange and dry, but I do what I can to research my topics and add my tidbits in to others. I have this super human ability to sort out the abrasive, insulting, and obtuse posts. Peace! Xenongod(formerly X)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Very well worded, Thank you. I particularly liked the part about the exponential slanting of it all, was it objective subjectivity or the other way around. Either way you look at it, it seems to be through a scanner darkly now, and maybe I should stop before I have more "bertations" all over this word screen thingy device sittin in front of me here.

" Anyone who leaves behind him anything in writing and likewise anyone who takes it over from him supposing that such writing will provide something reliable and permanent would be a fool"

Socrates

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Who let this guy in!!!???
2nd line???
What did he say!!!???

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

As you can see from my profile I have been a member since 2008 but still haven't reached my twenty posts. I have noticed that separating the chaf from the wheat does take longer since I signed on. Here lately I'll click on a post and start reading but it soons turns into the latest and greatest gossip fodder which I promptly leave. Personally I enjoy a thought out and well constructed post. I'm open minded enough to look at all sides and make my own conclusions. However, as more and more flock to the Internet playground there will always be some elements that will be attracted briefly to certain sites. Eventually some will move on. Everything in on a cycle and there are cycles within cycles.

BTW first time posting from phone and I don't recommend as it's quite tedious.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Well I agree with what you said.

Idiocy is alive and well (or should I say "unwell") On ATS.

Apparently some here don't think they need to do any research when starting ludicrous threads.

What they do seem to think is that their thread titles must have all CAPS and excessive exclamation marks(!!!!!), and for the cherry on top they make mundane events sound like a doom du jour.

edit on 3/31/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrspiggy

Who let this guy in!!!???
2nd line???
What did he say!!!???

For those of you paying attention this is a troll post.

Notice the attempt to derail the discussion. Classic troll tactic.

Does not add anything constructive to the discussion again classic troll post.

when you see people like this and their tactics make a note of the date and year they signed up. you will notice they usually have a very recent account.

This is so they can have their old account and not loose the prestige (whatever that means on a forum) but at the same time entertain their vices of being a troll without the fear of
A. being labeled a troll and
B. being banned.

Sorry not biting

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
If we cannot lead by example we are not leaders. It is pointless to complain about the perceptions of stupidity of others. When a wise man argues with a fool it is difficult to tell them apart. Even though this is posted in The Grey Area, there is an irony to this thread in that it really doesn't do much to contribute to the high standards that are being lamented as a bygone era. This thread does little to instruct, inform, or investigate and is merely a rant against lower standards of posting.

The simple fact of the matter is that the membership of ATS has increased dramatically in the past several years and because of this there will be an increase in poorly thought out threads. There is also what appears to be an increase in articles across the web declaring the younger generations are dumber than their predecessors, but in my own personal experience this idea that generations get dumber tends to presume an intelligence of older generations, that generally speaking is just plain wishful thinking.

The smugness of older generations lamenting the diminished mental capacity of younger generations can be so bad that articles are published claiming the younger generations proclivity to play games and use facebook is rewiring their brains, but without any attempt at using critical thought, these older generation "journalists" will simply parrot studies, and worse parrot studies that confirm their bias and all too often misinterpret these studies, or just plain misquote or use an out of context quote to support their bias.

Nearly thirty years ago it was predicted that a "rising tide of mediocrity" was looming large and largely due to the failure of public education. There certainly does seem to be a failure of education and there has always been an alarming bastardization of lexicons that create a disturbing lack of understanding of words in general. However, complaining about it will not solve this problem. In the end, the best anyone of us can do is impose impossibly high standards upon ourselves, do our best to live up to those impossibly high standards and hope we can inspire others to do the same.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join