It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS poster named in new government probe on controversial "conspiracy website postings" !

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Good one. I hit that link and swallowed real hard!
I was like "oh sht, what did I do?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

silent thunder,
Not going to lie...this was a good one! Happy April Fools day!

S&F!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
LOL,You're all under arrest. This is a sting operation. If you came here then you are guilty of THINKING that you should be arrested. Now we oblige you... look behind you.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Oh, you bastard.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
HA! That was good. My first thought was "Great, why can't I get this lucky at Mega Millions." Then of course, I figured it out about two seconds later."

Well-played. Not sure if anyone here can top that.

edit on 1-4-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

Above: Image from press conference

This is quite something. Apparently the government has decided it has had enough and is initiating a probe against "conspiracy website postings" and the people who make them. We’ve all been put on notice, it seems.

The justification seems to be a little-known clause buried deep within the Patriot Act. (Remember how the congress passed that in a hurry without reading the whole thing?)

Much as they have been picking various people who have been downloading off torrents to make examples out of, it seems they have decided to go after specific “conspiracy” posters. Fifteen of them, to be exact.

The thing that made my jaw drop is that an ATS member is among the posters named! I decided I am not going to name the member directly in this post because the situation is still delicate and I want to protect them from any web-bots that might be crawling this site, but I will link to their profile, here:

The ATS member named in the probe

This is a game-changer for sure.

You can read more about it, here:

(WASHINGTON) Citing an obscure clause in the Patriot Act, officials today announced the initiation of a probe against fifteen members of different Internet message boards and social networks aimed at “exposing and halting those who perpetrate controversial conspiracy website postings." Calling the move “an outrage” and “a direct frontal assault on free speech,” an ACLU spokesperson claimed the organization was willing to come to the assistance of all the individuals targeted in the probe.

A DHS press release defended the move, stating: “The outrageous fear-mongering that characterizes much of Internet discourse today has got to stop. By making examples of some of the most egregious cases, we are drawing a line in the sand.”

More at SOURCE (Todaynewz.com)

edit on 3/31/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

I"m soooooooooooo.. going to get you for that ~!!

My heart dropped to the lowest abiss ........I was think'n "dammm.. i really hit a nerve!!.....till I saw it was on the 'Jokes, Puns & Pranks"..............I was SO close to deleting my pofile and tossing my PC it wasn't funny !!!

ya.. NICE one..

edit on 1-4-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

and yes.. I added you as a friend.. whether or not we've agree or disagreed in the past .. friends don't let friends get away with this !!!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
OMG!!! My heart jumped, also because most of my comments on my profile page ARE a bit anti-gov and pro-constitution. But then I remembered my website-which I have not posted on in a while. There is no doubt I am on some list somewhere of the undesirable ones - according to our totally corrupt & unConstitutional government!!

Glad it was a joke......BUT. Is it really???

Star & Flag!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
You could have warned be before posting this thread! I lighted my house and organised some corpuses (dont ask!) to make them believe I died. How do I explain it to my insurance company now???? Tell me!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
F**K ME, you had me for a second there!

FWIW, Somehow I just KNEW it was going to be me before I even clicked on the link....then realised its just a general profile link!

edit on 1-4-2012 by Just Chris because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Now that was a good one.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

IF I DIDN'T LIKE YOU I'D HATE YOU, SILENT!!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

AWESOME.

S + F.

But why didnt I think of it first?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Awesome! Best one yet! Happy April fool's! I bet some egotistical posters' start freaking out

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
You absolute tosspot!!

I SHAT MYSELF

I was totally prepared to bug-out but didn't have any supplies where I was

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
That was super funny! I gasped for a second and then said out loud "this has to be a joke". That is when my husband said it was April Fool's. Good joke!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I felt my blood pressure go right through the roof, my brain went into hyper mode trying to recall over a thousand posts and which one caused them to focus on me...

Fantastic joke,
Laughing really hard right now but I sure was very very quiet just a few minutes ago.
Regards, Iwinder

S&F
edit on 1-4-2012 by Iwinder because: added S&F

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Good to see that somebody is keeping up the old traditions.
This is the thread that really sorts out the old hands from the newbies.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
It sure looked like a candy bar at first...oh Babe Ruth why have you forsaken us?

Awesome job!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

superb
just superb

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join