It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Few things horrify me, but the mega millions lottery winner did.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
If this does not make you question your faith in God, I don't know what would.

I am absolutely horrified that the last person in the world that deserves this, gets it. what a let down.

Most people would be ecstatic about their new found riches, but not Mr. Horner. As it turns out he was already Maryland's second wealthiest resident. With this new lottery win people are speculating that he'll now be the richest person living in the state of Maryland. Mr. Horner made most of his wealth on Wall Street. Last year's tax return show him reporting a little over $900,000,000 and because of some questionable accounting he only paid 2% in taxes.

Thank you to Dave spanners for bringing this to my attention. Though it ruined my day.

First megamillions winner first to come forward

Maybe when I'm done paying all those taxes I'll go down to a local bar and have a domestic beer with the common folk there, just to get a quick taste of what that's like," Horner laughs. "To be honest, most of this money will probably end up going to campaign contributions for Rick Santorum."

I hope this guy is just being an ass on purpose.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Pretty disgusting stuff.

If he wins the McDonald's Monopoly game grand prize too, I will call shananigans.
Going towards supporting Rick Santorum? Talk about money well spent.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I was watching people buying their tickets on the news yesterday morning, and I said to myself then sorry love you're not gonna win. They were just ordinary people who need the money. My mum has always said it and I've observed it so many times over the years - money goes to money. Ordinary people don't win money, people who don't really need it win it.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Lets hope he does the right thing and donate most of it to charity..

Oops re read the post the guy needs a slap..
edit on 31-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
At least it wasn't 3 money market managers that split a signle ticket.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I'm questioning the odds of some rich dude getting all that dough. What are the odds of that? They have somehow swindled the people out of their income, homes and futures, now this too? Doesn't surprise me even though I can't prove it. It just $tinks.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Did he say if he bought thousands of tickets? or just one? I don't know which would make me more mad.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

I'm questioning the odds of some rich dude getting all that dough. What are the odds of that? They have somehow swindled the people out of their income, homes and futures, now this too? Doesn't surprise me even though I can't prove it. It just $tinks.

almost a billion bucks?

guy probably purchased a million tickets just for fun.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Your news source is not very reputable. No other news source is reporting this man as the winner. Don't believe every thing you read.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I hope this guy is just being an ass on purpose.

Nope, that appears to be who he is

On Wall Street his nickname is "The Gutter". Bob Jenkins of Fidelity Mutual said, "He basically buys up a company, fires everybody, puts them all out on the street, then when the stock price goes up he sells everything and just walks away. He's such an a*shole. We all just love him here."

Hmm...so, he is Romney...but with even less of a likeable personality. Interesting.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

almost a billion bucks?

I understand from the link that his "share" was 640 million? Even if he bought a million tickets thats still one in 640 odds right?

And a guy like that doesn't get rich by "investing" in odds like that does he? He's a greedy, selfish, rich bastard. He steals it.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimsie

Your news source is not very reputable. No other news source is reporting this man as the winner. Don't believe every thing you read.

Whoops. Hoaxed again ?
Bummer. I want to hate rich people today.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

If this does not make you question your faith in God, I don't know what would.

Childhood cancer does. Not some lottery winner.

And this cannot be confirmed as true. I have looked everywhere else online and the only sites that talk about Paul Horner are the link you provided and GLP.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kimsie

I don't.
I thought it was written oddly, but it says that it is from the AP. Isn't it illegal to pretend to be the AP when your not?

I hope your right though.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

almost a billion bucks?

I understand from the link that his "share" was 640 million? Even if he bought a million tickets thats still one in 640 odds right?

And a guy like that doesn't get rich by "investing" in odds like that does he? He's a greedy, selfish, rich bastard. He steals it.

No, its I think..hmm..about 176 million different combinations. so, slightly better odds, still pretty far fetched, like 0.65% or something out of a 100% chance if you bought a million tickets.
Actually, if you had the money, and the prize was worth it, it would be a wise investment to buy up all 176 million combinations (of course, the issue then comes in getting them printed..might have to rent out entire states and all convenient stores to start nonstop printing. heh)

Anyhow, no idea..he may have simply bought 1. I was considering purchasing 1, but I keep going back to the understanding that lotto is simply a double tax for the mathematically challenged and buy a candy bar instead...(always a winner)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
and ya...only read that its someone from maryland so far..and it actually doesn't match the report.
The article said he chose the numbers specifically....the maryland offical said it was a quick pick..so, gonna stand on the hoax wagon also.

I don't need a lotto win to hate the elitist rich.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Man I just let everyone on my facebook know this.

I hope that guy drops over. Fast. Why couldn't that money go to someone who deserves it? Who would help others?

I'm disgusted. Knew the lottery was a scam.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Yes, you finally got it exactly, perfectly right.

The universe conspired to create this very incident just to relieve you of your programmed superstition in jesus, santa, and the easter bunny.

DO take it to heart, so perhaps now you can be of some use, instead of being yet another burden on the planet.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
If all of us suckers saved the ticket money, there wouldnt be a lottery at all................
We payed the nickel and tooks our chances.....
I sure think there is a lot more than 176 million chances though....If so, there would be many more shared winning prizes......

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Fear not Nixie, this story is a hoax.

I can tell just by the way it was written.

And does this guy look familiar?

He's Tony Mokbel

en.wikipedia.org...

Not Paul Horner...

edit on 31/3/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join