It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The busiest three days in ATS history!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The first 3.75 days of this week has been the busiest period ever for ATS. In that time, we've experienced: 177,763 unique user sessions 2.4 million page views 3,348 different referring URLs 1,988 different search terms 27 gigabytes of HTML (our logs don't record bandwidth on graphics) For the first time ever, the "Recent Posts Page" was the single-most active board page (other than the board home) with 37,612 page views: www.abovetopsecret.com... The old Nick Berg thread was the single-most active board thread, showing interest in the beheading video information: www.abovetopsecret.com... The traffic graph below shows our most active period ever, from early February to today. You can see that September 20th, September 21st, and September 22nd were each our biggest day ever (before September 19th), and they hit back-to-back. This is why the board has been a bit slow from time to time. And we've taken some proactive measures to ensure ATS remains running in this heavy traffic. Nearly all of the board images have been offloaded to an auxiliary server as well as ad-banner support code. With the removal of the chat application, these changes will help the overall performance of the ATS board during heavy traffic loads. If this continues, plans are in-place to arrange an additional server for the ATS website/board to make sure everything keeps running smoothly. Thanks to one and all for making ATS the premium online destination that it is.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Haha, I kow it's just a coincedence, but I'm SURE these "Best Ever" threads always pop up a day or two after I start posting again. It always seems to happen........SkepticOverlord with your super duper Administrator powers, check out my theory!!!
lol

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
wow! It never ceases to amaze me how this board just keeps going from strength to strength, we certainly must be doing something right. I had my first anniversary as an ATS member a few days ago, and never before has any web site held my attention for so long.
I think you do a fine job of keeping the site running as smoothly as it does

seeing those statistic prompted me to check out the ATS statistics on the big boards site

www.big-boards.com...
they make quite interesting reading especially the pie chart showing the origin of ATS visitors .

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Conrats to everyone that makes ATS happen...
Also to ScepticOverlord, you are the man!!!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by pantha www.big-boards.com... they make quite interesting reading especially the pie chart showing the origin of ATS visitors .
That ain't nuthin' Check out this: www.big-boards.com... Of all the "big boards" (801 discussion boards with more than 500,000 posts), we're #3 in traffic.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Which reminds me! Some time ago, there was some concern over how big all our crap here on ATS was getting, and how it might harm not just the Internet, but the entire earth itself. Back in April of 2004, we calmed the fears of many many small children (and a few elderly neurotics) with this post: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
That ain't nuthin'

Check out this: www.big-boards.com...

Of all the "big boards" (801 discussion boards with more than 500,000 posts), we're #3 in traffic.

Are there really that many Honda cars enthusiasts...?

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Some time ago, there was some concern over how big all our crap here on ATS was getting, and how it might harm not just the Internet, but the entire earth itself.

it's good to know that our super fast crap collider is still managing to take the strain.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Durden Are there really that many Honda cars enthusiasts...?
And I'm sure they're saying: "Are there really that many conspiracy nuts?"

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Back in April of 2004, we calmed the fears of many many small children (and a few elderly neurotics) with this post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Calmed those fears *and* made me laugh so hard I had an asthma attack, yeah.

Y'know, with these high-profile guest speakers showing up, we might just be doing another post like this one, but with bigger numbers and more crap collision, here in a few weeks.
I'd bet a dollar on it.

-B.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Drama on the board does that for you. Good job I guess. lol

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Yeah because drama is a surefire way to bring in a couple extra thousand guests.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
also that contest is and / or helping the "ratings" of ATS...

plus you have me...

i am a GREAT way to lure in new members

seriously, GREAT JOB ATS AND THE MODS AND THE MEMBERS AND THE NON MEMBERS AND SIMON GRAY (in no particular order)

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Well abovetopsecret is just an awesome website that would explain most of it.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I have enjoyed this site immensely since I got here. Don't plan on going anywhere either.

No site I've found has such a diverse collection of ideas and opinions, from scholarly to downright absurd...I love it all!

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
A rich ATS member should donate a private island and alot of money. So we can make a conspiracy themed theme park and have enough server space we will ever need. The first ever conspiracy themed theme park. What would the rides be?

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
A rich ATS member should donate a private island and alot of money. So we can make a conspiracy themed theme park and have enough server space we will ever need. The first ever conspiracy themed theme park. What would the rides be?

This is a clear ripoff from Disney World but:

Kano's Knights of the Caribbean.

[edit on 24-9-2004 by intrepid]

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Yeah, but I ain't mentioning this site to all the OTHER anthropologists. It's MY little secret (muahahahaha!)

Love this place. I really do!

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Look at em' charts,... weee dogies!

Having just recently passed my one year anniversary as a member of ATS,... I can say the numbers boggle me everytime SkepticO releases them. Even only just a year ago, I could not have imagined the phenomenal and continued rate of growth in the numbers.

Great job all!

(It's always interesting and entertaining to me to click on the BigBoards button also, and try to guess who and what kind of board ATS will pass next.)

[edit on 24-9-2004 by smirkley]

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
There is no enemy anywhere - Lao Tse

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join