It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triple bomb attack kills 10 in Thailand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Triple bomb attack kills 10 in Thailand

www.hindustantimes.com

Three bomb attacks minutes apart killed 10 people and wounded more than 100 on Saturday in the main town in Thailand's insurgency-hit far south.
The blasts hit the centre of Yala town around midday as families were out shopping, in the most deadly attack in five years in the Muslim-majority south of mainly Buddhist Thailand.

"There were three bombs that exploded, the first is a car bomb and the second and third bombs were hidden in motorcycles,"
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 31-3-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Wow, this is extremely sad to see a terrorist attack take the lives of the Thai people, genuinely, some of the most nicest people one could possibly meet. I hope that everyone affected by this terrorist attack will recover. Hopefully no more events such as this one will happen again. Screw terrorism.

www.hindustantimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Im not a psychic, but prepare for a large number of posts declaring all of Islam as violent. (if the guilty party are "muslim".)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

True
I don't think you'd even need to be psychic.

To the second post, yes, it's a shame, the Thai people are genuinely lovely people.

How about we just say ALL religion is evil?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
From the git go ,at least ten that wont recover already...and how many lives destroyed ?
The violence ripples outward like shockwaves for the entire lifetimes of the disfigured and maimed, and spectators alike...no matter how near or far...This horror is now opwned by countless individuals whos personal stability will be affected somehow......deep down.
This state of mind will produce further consequences downline as well...................the effects are cumulative............
If you think back, .....didnt it used to be more of a single blast deal?
Now they place a bomb for the initial blast.....another for the first responders, and a third bomb for the inevitable huge croud of people who will gather to assist later on....
Three times the deadliness and thrice the cruelty as well.....
Perhaps i shouldnt mention it even, but when will the first terrorist wire up a whole neighbourhood or whole town square with hundreds of such devices....the resulting chaos would be like using a weapon of mass destruction....
specially if the devices were mixed with timed, as well as command detonated mines.
Over a period of time, this could be accomplished fairly easily and the result would be catastrophic.....
At risk of prophecying here.....the violence will get worse between people on a smaller and larger scale both...
The psychosis is spreading among the whole population.....
Ways of slaughter are being perfected constantly, and made more efficient.
In all fields of researxh, weapons are sought eagerly before any beneficial effects are even tried......
The whole cunningness of the emplacement of these bombs shows the loss of the human qualities to which we usually teach our children to aspire.....
Their constant exposure to the violence, and horrors has dulled their sensibilities.....
It can only get worse and more complicated.
People practicing death instead of life........they will get better and better at it.....just like we once got better and better at lifting ourselves from the same slime....
The techno industrial revolution is over.....
Now we will employ all those useful inventions to kill as a new Dark Ages sweeps over the psyche of humanity..............

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I ponder, shall this be blamed on 'Iranians' Likewise?

i'm sure they shall find a Passport that survived Explosion, or some such 'Evidence'
edit on 31-3-2012 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
if its a cow call it a cow not a horse dont make excuses for fanatics who kill. The thai people and buddism is a tolerant religion. In south thailand there are alot of intolerant people who want to kill us thai people.
call a spade a spade. these individuals are driven by pure hatred and evil of anyone who doesnt submit to their religion.

i dont know who did this but when the truth come out dont try to white wash it. And if you are a hypocrite now you will have to answer to god one day if you atheists someone made you you did not come from nothing
edit on 31-3-2012 by thebarbecuemaster because: SPELL check

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebarbecuemaster
And if you are a hypocrite now you will have to answer to god one day if you atheists someone made you you did not come from nothing

Thank God for Darwin

Sorry, but do not preach your religion, there is no point in saying "you will answer to God one day" ... it doesn't mean you will automaticaly convince people that there is a God.

I believe in something, and if it is a supreme being, then it is definitely not one that would punish His own creations for not believing in something that can't be seen.

You are right though, Buddhism generally isn't an evil religion, and most Thai seem to understand this.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
As a man of Laotian ancestry and an ex-Muslim, the plight of the Thai people has been close to me.

I wonder if this attack was actually done by Thai Muslims, or if done by 'others' as a means to reignite tensions in the south. I want to see more facts on this one.

But there really is a religious war brewing in southern Thailand. I remember when radical Islamists beheaded Budhists monks. That really hurt me. It is saddening to see people of the same lineage to separate for religious, political, or other superficial reasons.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Another car bomb exploded in a 5 star hotel ( Lee Mansion Garden Hotel ) in Hatyai ( Songkla Province ) on the same day killing 1 woman and 4 men and injuring 300 guests. A car loaded with high explosives was driven and parked at the hotel's underground car park probably near the gas pipes and detonated by cell phone. The restive south in Thailand see a lot of bombings. Its almost a weekly occurance targeting military trucks with roadside bombs or drive thru shootings of Buddhist monks and teachers. The Muslims in the south want self autonomy citing discrimination by the Thai govt. This is the first time the bombings have targeted a tourist district and I think they want to sabotage the tourist industry. A few of my Malaysian countrymen were injured in this blast. Hatyai or Haadyai is very popular with Malaysians both men and women. Women go there for shopping and men go there for sex. I reckon its like Americans going down south to Mexico. It just a 3 hour drive from where I live. Although it does not get the media coverage in the west like Iraq, its as frequent as Iraq. You never know when you're gonna be blown to bits and pieces.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Another car bomb exploded in a 5 star hotel ( Lee Mansion Garden Hotel ) in Hatyai ( Songkla Province ) on the same day killing 1 woman and 4 men and injuring 300 guests. A car loaded with high explosives was driven and parked at the hotel's underground car park probably near the gas pipes and detonated by cell phone. The restive south in Thailand see a lot of bombings. Its almost a weekly occurance targeting military trucks with roadside bombs or drive thru shootings of Buddhist monks and teachers. The Muslims in the south want self autonomy citing discrimination by the Thai govt. This is the first time the bombings have targeted a tourist district and I think they want to sabotage the tourist industry. A few of my Malaysian countrymen were injured in this blast. Hatyai or Haadyai is very popular with Malaysians both men and women. Women go there for shopping and men go there for sex. I reckon its like Americans going down south to Mexico. It just a 3 hour drive from where I live. Although it does not get the media coverage in the west like Iraq, its as frequent as Iraq. You never know when you're gonna be blown to bits and pieces.

edit on 2-4-2012 by slanteye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join