It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Al Sharpton should be fired

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Paschar0

The stand your grand law is a self defense law. It has the same main frame of my former post.
The law in Florida is this ;

776.041 Use of force by aggressor. —The justification described in the preceding sections of this chapter is not available to a person who: (1) Is attempting to commit, committing, or escaping after the commission of, a forcible felony; or (2) Initially provokes the use of force against himself or herself, unless:

(a) Such force is so great that the person reasonably believes that he or she is in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm and that he or she has exhausted every reasonable means to escape such danger other than the use of force which is likely to cause death or great bodily harm to the assailant; or

(b) In good faith, the person withdraws from physical contact with the assailant and indicates clearly to the assailant that he or she desires to withdraw and terminate the use of force, but the assailant continues or resumes the use of force.

Multiple photos have went around the internet that were not of them. You can't judge someones character by 2 or 3 photos anyway. You never gave anyone the middle finger before? Are you forgetting he was a 17 year old? Not emotionally mature at all, brain isn't even fully developed.

But really, mainly because if Zimmerman never would have followed him, none of this would have occurred. He was the aggressor. A guy following you is a potential threat to your life. Normal people do not follow teenagers or anyone for that matter. Serial killers and robbers follow people.

You cannot base guilt of perceived feelings of a persons character, that just promotes ignorance. I studied a lot on the case and ALL of it leads to the guilt of Zimmerman. Due to the fact Zimmerman was following him, didn't retreat when told to by the 911 operator, multiple witnesses testimony, and police video.

I'm basing my opinion on facts, you are going by what you perceive Trayvon's character was. Did you even stop to think what Zimmermans character is?

We're reading the same things, we just see it completely different.

I'm not basing my entire opinion on a few photos, but it does play a role in that they knowingly attempted to portray as completely innocent naive young boy which he was not.

You keep going back to his following him as cause to be attacked or a threat in itself. He was the visitor, he did not live there, if it were his own neighborhood, it still wouldn't be legal to attack your follower, but it would be a little more understandable.

It is not illegal to follow someone, you can try to argue that in court, but you would have a difficult time proving it to the extent to justify attacking someone, the police recognized this as well. If he really felt so threatened why didn't he just run away? Zimmerman didn't look like a first class sprinter to me.

Seems to me, he was annoyed at being followed and then became angry enough to do something about it and probably didn't know Zimmerman had a gun until they were already into the confrontation. What kind of an idiot would charge someone with a loaded gun unarmed? There's some evidence that at this point Trayvon threatened to kill Zimmerman with his own gun and it just didn't go his way. I find this scenario highly probable.

edit on 31-3-2012 by Paschar0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Seems to me, he was annoyed at being followed and then became angry enough to do something about it and probably didn't know Zimmerman had a gun until they were already into the confrontation. What kind of an idiot would charge someone with a loaded gun unarmed? There's some evidence that at this point Trayvon threatened to kill Zimmerman with his own gun and it just didn't go his way. I find this scenario highly probable.

Sums it up perfectly

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
As far as I'm concerned, Sharpton is nothing but an oportunistic scumbag who is trying to enter big time politics! Where is he and others of his ilk when a white person gets shot by a black cop, or beaten up by a gang of blacks? Black cops shoot black criminals all the time, but we never hear anything of it, but if a white cop shoots a black, as soon as he gets a whiff of the news, Sharpton will home right in like a fly to a dog turd!
He's a piece of garbage who views his own race as pawns, with the dead being nothing but rungs on the ladder of his personal ambitions!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Just WHEN will everyone understand that Sharpton is constantly trying to start race wars in this country. He tried 25 years ago, when he pushed the false story of Tawana Brawley, who said she was raped and abused by 6 white men, including a police officer. Of course, we found out soon after, that Brawley made up the entire story.
For those too young to know the story, here it is:
www.slate.com...

In 1987, a 15-year-old black girl named Tawana Brawley went missing and was found four days later covered in dog feces and with racial slurs written on her body. She claimed that at least two and possibly six white men, one of them carrying a badge, had repeatedly raped her in the woods in upstate New York. Sharpton took up Brawley's cause and defended her refusal to cooperate with prosecutors, saying that asking her to meet with New York's attorney general (who had been asked by Gov. Mario Cuomo to supervise the investigation) would be like "asking someone who watched someone killed in the gas chamber to sit down with Mr. Hitler." According to the Associated Press, Sharpton and Brawley's lawyers asserted "on 33 separate occasions" that a local prosecutor named Steven Pagones "had kidnapped, abused and raped" Brawley. There was no evidence, and Pagones was soon cleared. Sharpton then accused a local police cult with ties to the Irish Republican Army of perpetrating the alleged assault. The case fizzled when a security guard for Brawley's lawyers testified that the lawyers and Sharpton knew Brawley was lying. A grand jury investigation concluded in late 1988 that Brawley "was not the victim of forcible sexual assault" and that the whole thing was a hoax. The report specifically exonerated Pagones, and in 1998 Pagones won a defamation lawsuit against Sharpton, Brawley, and Brawley's lawyers. Sharpton was ordered to pay Pagones $65,000. Johnnie Cochran and other Sharpton benefactors subsidized the payment

Sharpton is nothing but a common criminal, who, has gotten away with his treachery, merely because he is black. If a white person had done this, they would still be in prison.
Some day, riots will occur as a result of Sharpton's lies, as gullible blacks buy whatever this criminal says. He is anything but a "Reverend", but he is a rabble-rouser, looking to destroy any chance at race reconciliation. This shows how far MSNBC will go to destroy America, in the name of Liberalism.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
You cant fire a black for doing what's he's hired and expected to do...they don't need an excuse to yell racism

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
Just WHEN will everyone understand that Sharpton is constantly trying to start race wars in this country. He tried 25 years ago, when he pushed the false story of Tawana Brawley, who said she was raped and abused by 6 white men, including a police officer. Of course, we found out soon after, that Brawley made up the entire story.

Interesting, guess I wasn't following "news" much 25 years ago. I go back to my point about Al Sharpton being a stupid man. I'm not sure if he's encouraged to do these things or thinks they're good ideas all on his own. He plays the race card a little too often for almost anyone's taste as far as I can tell.

The media isn't doing the public any favors on this one either, is it really just ratings that encourages such intentionally sloppy journalism? Fox gives you the information that paints Zimmerman's innocence and CNN, MSNBC give you the Pro Trayvon information. They wheel out black activists that spew hatred and incite violence, but that's just fine because they're doing it for the "right" reasons. Really? When I read more about this, I was pissed at all of them for misleading me. How many people just watch one of these "news" networks thinking they're getting all the facts?

They know blacks are very sensitive to stories like this and they almost always result in violent backlash towards whites afterwards, which get little attention, and the tribalism perpetuates itself. Hard feelings take root at last years or lifetimes and they know it. The media is guilty of being the government's propaganda machine in the eyes of most Americans today, so why take their word on anything? Maybe we just want to hear things sometimes.
edit on 1-4-2012 by Paschar0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Eyewitness account

Guess Al missed this one.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Since this event occurred on private property. I think any concerned citizen would of done what Zimmerman did especially if suspicion was the reason. As for Al Sharpton, he is an uncle tom with his own show on the MSM. I don't see anything iconic about Al Sharpton, people need to open their eyes and not follow his examples. He is just another bad example of what not to do while being on national television.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Considering his racist attitudes, he should never have been allowed on air in the first place. All he does is make the situation worse by his race bating, and whenever he gets involved there is always racial tension. He does nothing to further the cause of racial friendship.

His kind needs to go the way of the dodo.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I remember when Jesse Jackson came to our city because some black youths had gotten into a fight during a football game and were expelled. Apparently, some parents made a big enough ruckus, waived some cash and Jackson came.

What you don't read about in these cases, is what happens when people like this show up in your city. First of all, they feel that they are entitled to everything, free gratis.

When Jackson finally left town, stories flooded our local paper about his abhorrent behavior while here. One story told about how he and his 'Rainbow Push" coalition went into a local eatery, ate and left without paying the bill. When the manager came out and tried to get someone to pay the bill, one of Jackson's entourage held up his hand and told the owner, "thank you for your donation to the Rainbow Push coalition."

I can only imagine how it is with Sharpton, but if I had to take a guess, I'd say he probably engages in the same tactics.

edit on 2-4-2012 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SkipperJohn

Really though, I wish some people would stopping generalizing races of people. ''The blacks'' want a last battle with.....WTF?? I'm black and I don't want any such thing. Don't catergorize me among a handful of idiots. I'd appreciate that, sport. Thanks in advance.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
al should be fired............................from a canon!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson DO NOT represent black people. They are no one's leaders and they stay in the spotlight for an agenda. Me personally, I don't have a leader, black, white, or Granny Smith apple green, as I'm my own man with my own mind and if more people lived this way, things would be alot different. When you have personal responsibility and accountability, you don't need a leader. I'm black, and I think they both are opportunists. Most non-black people tend to think most black people embrace these idiots...far from the truth...only a handful of the ignorant do.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rexrugerblack

They represent some black people, the question is how many. The media would have everyone believe the vast majority of black people support them as well as their views. They show rallies, interviews and large groups of people all on the same page at every opportunity.

The media talks about the "Million Man Hoodie March" to give the impression that, well at least a million support it strongly enough to march, then somehow miss or diminish the fact that only a few hundred actually show up. Watch carefully how they'll precede or follow these "reports" with sound bites from the likes of Sharpton or Jackson to give the impression that they have everyone's support. Once this perceived support is established, they then can use it to push any other agendas and people watching will believe the same crowds support these as well. It's not exclusive to these clowns either.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

That's my point...SOME black people. Doesn't matter how many if it's not MOST black people. SOME black people isn't even half, so it doesn't matter. I get and respect your point though.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Believe me, I get what you're saying, but there's a huge difference between being racist and being a bigot or prejudiced. Sure, black people can be prejudiced, but being racist isn't an option, and I'll explain this again. In order to be racist, one would have to be a part of the predominate race that can socially and economically cause systematic problems for people that are not of said race. Black people don't control ANYTHING socially or economically, PERIOD, And especially not Barry. White guys run this thing WORLDWIDE...it's just a fact. To me personally, race doesn't matter to me. My great-great grandfather was white, and my daughter is half white. A man's character, individually, is what matters to me, not his race.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Not sure about those definitions, but Al Sharpton is a racist as far as I'm concerned. Seems a bit unfair to restrict that label to a majority

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Sorry, I just can't agree with you. It's a poor idea to say that only large groups can be racist. The weakness to that is in one geographic area one group may be small but in another it may be large.

So no, I just can't see it. It's also just another way of saying two wrongs make a right, or just excusing poor behavior of another group, or even ignoring it altogether.

Morality must be applied evenly across the board or it instead it ceases to be true morality and instead becomes a game of double standards and special privileges.

If racism is wrong, it is wrong for everyone, not just okay for a small group because the larger group does it more.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
NBC producer fired for altering audio tapes

The very network Al Sharpton works for and admittedly left leaning network fires one of their own. After reading the article it's hard to argue with the logic. This proves NBC was very aware of itself and should also say something about how it allowed Al Sharpton to behave the way he did as a paid employee.

Based on this I suggest it's entirely possible they knowingly allowed and possibly encouraged Sharpton to inflame the issue further at serious risk to people all over the country. What if things had gotten out of hand? This happens on all the networks so please don't use the "They do it too" excuse, this was just to obvious to ignore in how blatant it was.

We should all be outraged that we're constantly being misled and manipulated. There doesn't see to be any real "news" left, it's all opinion backed up by cherry picked media.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
You can't fire Al Sharpton from being Al Sharpton. He is and always will be Al Sharpton.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join