It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange lights in the sky in multiple parts of Colorado

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The first report of lights in the sky come from Highlands Ranch. The second area is Grand Junction. They are roughly 250 miles apart. The news article says they are separate incidents, but as the article progress, it becomes clear that they don't really know what they are talking about because the article becomes muttled. Which is pretty typical for 9 News, our local news channel. I am still searching for better reports. Will be back with them if I find them.

HIGHLANDS RANCH - Suha and Mike Owens took video Wednesday night from their home in Highlands Ranch. It shows a light in the sky that appears to change colors, and it moves left and right, up and down.

Peterson says what the Owens saw was not the same as other reports he received. From several cameras, he captured a meteor passing over the Grand Junction-Delta area around 8:45 p.m. Wednesday.

Link to full story
edit on 30-3-2012 by PassedKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by PassedKarma

Where're those videos???

edit on 30-3-2012 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2012 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Interesting video , I see what you mean about the news crew
, a satellite that moves in different directions and flashes different colours

Found this

Its an LED lit RC plane @ 2.45 on the video

edit on 30-3-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I am in Colorado and not far from that. IN fact, on my way there in about an hour....
With that said....I saw nothing odd in the skies.

We are having some major fire issues.....which are causing the colors in the sky to be extremely diverse...and lots of choppers putting out fires.....

But yeah, I saw nothing out of the ordinary....here....ever.

Peterson says that in a single night, 10 to 15 meteors fall over Colorado.

edit on March 30th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I'm so tired of seeing RC planes with LEDs being used to try to hoax sightings. I'd take a shotgun and blow it out of the sky!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
"If" it was a reflection off a balloon like they mentioned, I find it odd it that the brightness doesn't change much if at all, it also looks a bit big for your average balloon. It does seem to float like one though. Possibly a ballon with lights in it or RC blimp of sorts?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I would say that the Grand junction sighting was probably a meteor sighting .

28MAR2012 Grace Grand junction, CO 8:30pm mountain 4-5 seconds Headed south by south west Blue body and yellow/orange long tail Bright as a firework, I would comparison it to the sun One whole piece that never broke. It was truly unbelievable to see. My brain coundly wrap itself around what it was seeing. Just amazing, was so low and close it seemed as though I could reach out and grab it
lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Im not an expert but i dont think that satellites move up and down and side to side. They orbit the earth right? so they would go in a straight continuous line across the sky.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
How could someone film a meteor for 3min?
I've never seen a meteor last more than a few seconds and surely none that moved down behind a house and then floated up again.
Once one arc's down they usually hit some where.

top topics

join