It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we need an amendment to our basic human rights?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
hello
We are all born with basic human rights.
Now I'm not going to bore you with a list of what they all are if you don't know by now then please take a few minutes to google them as some of you may feel are already being infringed upon by whatever government you are currently under I know I do but I'm not really here to talk about that as that's another topic for another time.
What I want to talk about is our human rights in the virtual world and the right to protect our privacy from 3rd partys we are all spending more and more time online but our human rights don't really seem to apply to what we do in the virtual world.
A few story's have come up recently of people who have been given prison sentences for things they have wrote on facebook or views they have tweeted on twitter now I'm not here to defend these people as some of the things that have been wrote are vile but I think a prison sentence is a step too far as we all have the right to express our views right?
Well no not if your inciting racial hatred now that's something that I'm still on the fence about not that I condone what they do but more as a point of once you start chipping away at the corners of your freedom to expression the quicker the whole lot crumbles.
Now here In the u.k the whole inciting racial hatred thing came to a head when people like abu hamza were preaching there hatred on the streets to the masses and there wasn't a thing the government could do about it so these laws were passes to stop this happening however here we are years later and still the extremist are preaching there hate but Its the British public who are getting prosecuted under these laws.
Now I'm not here to Muslim bash For a start I don't believe a word the media say about the muslims I have worked with quite a few in my time and I've never met one who even comes close to being what the media make them out to be in a lot of ways its no different then what the Nazi propagander machine made the jews out to be in the 1930's/40's but today the Muslim is the new jew.
Anyway I'm getting away from the point the point being that anything we put on the net now is collected things we post on social networking sites, websites we have visited even the games we have played online the power that be want to know the in's and outs of everyone lives.
Now surly we have the right to browse the internet free to go about our business in the same way we walk down the street I think an amendment should be made to safeguard our own personal interests in the society we live in today all be it a virtual one so once again our private lives can become just that PRIVATE and our views can be expressed without fear of retribution at the end of the day its your own personal information that is being collected YOUR personal information now surly that has to belong to you right?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
you are quite deluded my friend.EVERY word is being recorded by ECHELON it has it all.They just can't read all that stuff so they need a processing facility.....like the one being built here in UTAH.Just look for the great big white balls at Menwith hill.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The thing is you don't have an expectation of privacy in a public venue. Here you are posting in a public venue where literally anyone can read what you wrote. You are worried that someone may be tracking that? You say the right things in the right way and you will be tracked. I don't think an amendment is going to help you here.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

I'm not deluded at all I know very well whats going on my point being is do they have the right to collect YOUR own personal information just because its posted out there on the big wide net and then use it against you
They dont have the right to come into your home and open your mail but its fine to open your email just because its on the net you need to get away from the idea that because its posted on the internet its fine to do that and take back the right that your own personal property and information is just that YOURS

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Kinda missed the point there I'm really not worried about what I put or where I go on the net I know I'm being tracked and have done for quite a while I just dont see why they think they have a god given right to collect any information they want just because its posted out there I know by posting on a site like this thats its put into the public domain and people have the right to come and look at my thread and post there views as they see fit that is freedom of expression and I believe everyone should have the choice to do that and express there thoughts whatever that may be In the same way that I should be able to express my views without fear of retribution see If I had spent my time posting a long anti semitic thread I think maybe it would have been pulled from here plus maybe I would have found my self in a bit of trouble but if I had spent the same amount of time posting an anti muslim thread I dont think such a fuss would have been made now I'm now saying that I would rather do one or the other but should I have wanted too I should have the right to post both weather you agree with me or not is another matter as its only my own personal view and mine alone if you dont like what Im saying move on to another thread thats your right to do that as you see fit but its no one elses right to tell me what I cant or cant post

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
And a further point to add to this about posting in a public domain shouldn't mean its someone else's to use. Now I park my car on a public road and my house is on a public street just because it's in a public area doesnt make it someone else's property to come and do with what they see fit does it???

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I agree with you, OP. Those who don't understand what you expressed are in for a rude awakening in the near future. We are living amongst a revolution of data collection. Very soon the world will look like "minority report" with smart advertisements and talking billboards. Everyone will have an profile and it will be bought, sold, scrutinized and used against us. Short of a total revolution or unless the world comes to an abrupt end, this is all set in granite stone.

That being said, and it pains me to say this, but there really are no such thing as "rights". Standing governments have absolutely no respect for the rights we are already supposed to have, they aren't going to respect or enforce new amendments or provisions even if we were to pass them using their method. Plus, this method of data collection and complete individual profiling fits perfectly with the global cabals wet dream construct of coercion, compulsion, control and meek subservience to authority.

Sorry I have no real answer. Just appreciating the problem.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

I agree with you totally on the points you expressed and like you say I think people will be in for a shock in the very near future.
The whole reason I posted this thread was because a few days ago I went to reply to someone's post on facebook and for the first time in my life I looked at what I wrote and then deleted it before it was posted. Now I'm not going to lie and make out there was nothing wrong with what I wrote as the "punchline" was a little in bad taste (most of my jokes are)
But people know me and they know what im like as my humour gos more for shock value and the "He didnt just say that did he" But I do know where to draw the line and theres things that even I wont touch upon I dont troll and I don't go searching the net for R.I.P site's or the such looking to make people feel like s**t to me that really is the lowest of the low but this was just a joke between friends but yeah like I said I looked at the post and the deleted it I WAS AFRAID I was afraid to post something between friends just because big brother is watching Its a sad world when people are being imprisoned for something they wrote yet convicted paedophiles are walking away from court with a suspended sentence. Is that really justice???

I know what your saying about rights too I know I hold on to my human rights only because I'm allowed too the moment its in the governments interest to infringe upon them they will do with total disregard to us or our family's.
We as a human race need to take responsibility for ourself's and our actions because no one is going to do that for us there will never be world peace till every solider lays down there own weapons and say's no I'm not killing any more only on and individual level can this be done the governments all talk about it but its only a lip service there is far too much money to be made and in the same way that apply's to this only on an individual level can we take back our privacy by us all standing up and saying no were not taking this any more! sadly I know this will never happen people just don't care enough and they don't understand what there losing by letting this go on as has been the case throughout history the moment the masses wake up to what's happening its generally too late

new topics

top topics

join