It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something bounced off the sun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Found this weird video which apparently shows something bouncing off the surface off the sun.

Really don't know what I should make from that, looks weird, really not like a flare or CME.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Looks like a bug.
to me at least.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Interesting, looks pretty big too as the earth would be a a tiny dot on the sun. I would say meteor or asteroid, crazy though, cool find, thanks for sharing.
sciencenetlinks.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Is that video real time? If so, that thing would be traveling very, very fast.

ohhhh...thanks Phage.
edit on 3/29/2012 by goochball because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
What's more amazing is how they got the Sky Fox Helicopter all the way into space!?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Cheers, I thought the video was a recent one, and not from 3 years ago

After skimming through ten pages of the linked threads .. maybe you can point me directly to where the riddle was solved ?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

As with most things like this on ATS you will find little agreement that it was "solved".

However the proposal that it is an object "bouncing off the Sun", it would have to be traveling at several times the speed of light.

On the other hand, the "object" is exactly the same color as the setting sun and since mirage effects are frequently seen as the sun approaches the horizon it is a bit more reasonable to conclude that this is such an effect ... Despite what the excitable newscasters (who sound to be typical newsroom fools) have to say about it. "BAM!", indeed.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Filmed through an old window with a manufacturing defect (ripple) in the glass. As you move the camera (it is moving up & down), the ripple reflects the light in different ways.

IMHO.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

As with most things like this on ATS you will find little agreement that it was "solved".

However the proposal that it is an object "bouncing off the Sun", it would have to be traveling at several times the speed of light.

On the other hand, the "object" is exactly the same color as the setting sun and since mirage effects are frequently seen as the sun approaches the horizon it is a bit more reasonable to conclude that this is such an effect ... Despite what the excitable newscasters (who sound to be typical newsroom fools) have to say about it. "BAM!", indeed.

I have to agree with Phage on this, and I rarely agree but this clip is sensationalized to the nines.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
It's that 'spec' what people are always talking about.
No really, its just an illusion, a mirage.
www.atoptics.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Must be a mirage or photo shop. Everyone knows UFO's photographed going over the sun in the northern hemisphere go from left to right because of the Corona (Coriolis) effect.

new topics

top topics

join