It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why there's good reason to believe the "Abomination that Causes Desolations" will happen this spr

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Only until he was hidden by the cloud. That's how he ascended into heaven - in a cloud (Acts 1:9). That's the manner in which he would return - in a cloud (show me which reference to his Second Coming doesn't have him return in/on/with a cloud).

ETA: I have a feeling you and I could go around in circles with this to the ages of the ages (so-to-speak).

Only because of your personal experiences. They would claim you're ignorant to whatever reasoning they use. Regardless of your interpretation, it has to be Scripturally justifiable. If you can't justify an interpretation with Scripture, it's useless. And we can safely say that no Scripture ever justifies the interpretation of often symbolic images and events as being references to modern warfare and weapons. That's what we call extrapolation. In the case of Scriptural interpretation, anything beyond interpolation must be rejected.
edit on 20-4-2012 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Then please explain how mankind could destroy itself (no flesh be saved) without nuclear weaponry. That comment by Christ made zero sense 100 years ago. I'm not slightly worried about sticking strictly to the text, just pointing out everything that deals with Ezekiel 38 & 39 aligns with NBDP protocols. I'm not surprised a prophet saw this.

And in the NT there are references to the non-canocal books. Paul quotes pagan poets on Mars Hill. So your point is somewhat moot. I could also say I could never use a concordance or lexicon if we really want to take your statement to it's logical outcome.

edit on 20-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The Abomination that maketh Desolate is the Al-Aqsa Mosque that sits on the temple mount right now! It has been there since 688 A.D. I can prove it too!

Dan 12:11 (KJV) And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Mark 13:14 (KJV) But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:

A Biblical day=year prophecies have a beginning date in history specified by context. In Mar 13:14 the Abomination of Desolation is referred to as an “it” not a him, and this dome, a Moslem structure, has now stood on God’s temple mount for over 1300 years.

So, when does the prophecy timeline start? Well from the time the sacrifice be taken away of course! So when did that happen? Was it at the time of destruction of the temple? It doesn’'t seem so. Nebuchadnezzar destroyed the temple in 586BC, but the prophet Jeremiah tells us that temple sacrifices continued long after the temple was burned:
Jer 41:5 ... from Shechem, from Shiloh, and from Samaria, even fourscore men ... with offerings and incense in their hand, to bring them to the house of the LORD.

Those men came to the temple at the end of the governorship of Gedaliah (seven to ten months after the temple was burned), so there had to be some purified priests in Jerusalem who were still carrying on. Two more years pass, then in the very last chapter of Jeremiah we read:
Jer 52:30 In the three and twentieth year of Nebuchadnezzar, Nebuzaradan the captain of the guard carried away captive of the Jews seven hundred forty and five persons.

Nebuchadnezzar ascended the throne of Babylon in 606-605BC. Twenty-three years later is 583BC. Therefore, this final captivity of 583BC is a scripturally supportable time for the sacrifices to have been abolished. Babylonians took the nobles, artisans and priests captive; they left only the poorest people in the land. There were apparently no purified priests left in the land who could offer sacrifices.

There you go. We have a starting point; 583 B.C. To convert the 1290 levitical days into solar days we need to multiply the 1290 by .9857 which equals 1271.55 prophetic years.

Now add take 583 B.C. and add 1271.55. It equals 688.5. What happened in 688 A.D.?
The Al Aqsa Mosque (aka The Dome of the Rock) was built! That is what abolished the DAILY SACRIFICES!

Stop listening to all the main stream preachers! They have been leading people astray for a long time and so has the colleges that they attended to learn from! Read your bible for their is nothing hidden in it! Precept upon precept will teach you the truth. God's word is sure and iron clad!

I could go on for a long time about this, but if you want to learn more go to the following link and download the book called the False Prophet. It is 100% biblical. Trust me, you will be glad you read this short FREE book by Ellis Skolfield. No, this is not the guy that wrote the Scofield Bible.

The False Prophet Chapters 1-9
The False Prophet Chapters 10-17

God Bless ALL!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NoSoup4U

The current understanding is that the Holy of Holies wasn't situated under the Mosque. But directly in line with the Eastern Gate.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

Revelation 5:5 -- "And one of the elders says to me, 'Don’t cry. Behold, the lion of the tribe of Judah, the root of David, has been victorious to open the scroll and its seven seals.'"

Has been victorious.
ἐνίκησεν

Use some contextual theology. The scroll was written on the front and the back, that's a title deed. His victory was at Calvary. Because of that He's the only one worthy "to open" the scroll.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FaceLikeTheSun

Do not be fooled! The Abomination was setup on the temple mount in 688 A.D. Find my other post above in this thread that explains this. It is 100% biblical and undeniable. The prophetic word of God is absolutely amazing.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

The current understanding is that the Holy of Holies wasn't situated under the Mosque. But directly in line with the Eastern Gate.

You are absolutely correct. They built it in the wrong place! Hahaha! The Ark of the Covenant actually sat where the "Dome of the Tablets" is located on the mount! This is where the Holy of Holies was at. King David bought the threshing floor to put the Holy of Holies on. Look at any picture of the inside of the Dome of the Rock. It has huge cracks and such. This further proves that they built the Mosque in the wrong spot. I think this go directly inline with the measuring of the temple in the book of Revelation for the Dome of the Rock is actually in the court of the gentiles.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoSoup4U

You are absolutely correct. They built it in the wrong place! Hahaha! The Ark of the Covenant actually sat where the "Dome of the Tablets" is located on the mount! This is where the Holy of Holies was at. King David bought the threshing floor to put the Holy of Holies on. Look at any picture of the inside of the Dome of the Rock. It has huge cracks and such. This further proves that they built the Mosque in the wrong spot. I think this go directly inline with the measuring of the temple in the book of Revelation for the Dome of the Rock is actually in the court of the gentiles.

Dumb ol NOTurTypical gets one right every few years huh?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoSoup4U
reply to post by FaceLikeTheSun

Do not be fooled! The Abomination was setup on the temple mount in 688 A.D. Find my other post above in this thread that explains this. It is 100% biblical and undeniable. The prophetic word of God is absolutely amazing.

But Jesus said when people "see' it "standing "in" the Holy place. That's the Holy of Holies. And the only way a person not the High Priest once a year could see anything in there would by via CCTV. That's the only way. It will be just like what happened with what Antiochus did before Christ. He set up an idol to Zeus in the Holy of Holies.

The AC will stand in the temple and proclaim that he is God.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I find a lot of Left Behind "dogma" to be poorly researched and based on many assumptions and erroneous translations of key Scriptures.

But when it comes to the rapture, to say it is fictitious, is a real stretch. In regards to the resurrection of the dead and the gathering of the saints, Paul wrote in I Corinth 15: "We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed--in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed."

He wrote in I Thes 4: "For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever."

There is certainly debate as to when the rapture occurs in relation to the timing of other events, but how in the world can you come to the conclusion that the rapture is fictitious? And for the record, by rapture, I'm referring to the understanding that those in Christ who are alive at the time of Christ's return will be "caught up together...in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air." After all, that is what Paul wrote.

CLPrime, I believe you and I will someday meet in the clouds, along with all those who believe in Christ. I would even expand that reunion to include the Old Testament saints who looked forward to the Messiah, and believed in him. I believe they will be resurrected at the same time as the New Testament saints who have died. It will be a great gathering in the clouds, and will include those who are alive in Christ! We will be changed from mortal to immortal, corruptible to incorruptible. Is that fictitious?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by hab22

He wrote in I Thes 4: "For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever."

that last word changes the timing of the Rapture

the dead and the changed are caught-up in the clouds Post Millennial Kingdom
Not Pre-Tribulation as many wish to believe

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
reply to post by hab22

that last word changes the timing of the Rapture

the dead and the changed are caught-up in the clouds Post Millennial Kingdom
Not Pre-Tribulation as many wish to believe

You're mashing together your Israelology and Ecclesiology. The bride "rules and reigns" with Christ for 1,000 years.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Concerning the rapture:

I find it interesting how so many people of the same faith argue about this subject. It is good that I have seen several people talking about reading the original text (Old Testament = Hebrew and New Testament = Greek/Aramaic). It is important that we do that because there has been loss of meaning through translation. It also seems that some of the incorrect translation of the Holy word of God was intentional too!

It is important to slowly read and grasp each exact word to truly understand what is happening during this event. Follow me here.....

Matthew 24:27 “For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.”

Matthew 24:30 “And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.”

Matthew 24:31 “And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.”

1 Corinthians 15:52 “In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye,at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.”

Revelation 1:7 “Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.”

Revelation 6:16-17 “And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: 17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?”

This event will be very audible and visual. It will happen at the LAST trumpet. How many trumpets are left to sound after the LAST trumpet? That is right; none! Don't take my word for it, lets add some more facts to support what I just said.

WHAT HAPPENS AT THE LAST TRUMP?

1 Thessalonians 5
2For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 3For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

2 Peter 3
10But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Again, we see that Jesus will come suddenly; like a thief in the night. This is sudden and NOT a secret!

DO WE GO THROUGH TRIBULATION?

Did God rapture Daniel from the lions den or go through it with him?
Did God rapture Jacob or go through his tribulation with him?
Did God rapture Lot or go through his tribulation with him?
Did God rapture Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego or got through their tribulation with them?
Did God rapture Jesus or go through His tribulation with Him?
Did God rapture the Hebrews/Israelites or go through their tribulation with them?

You see, God goes through our tribulations with us. It refines us and strengthens our faith in Him. He doesn't change because His first act is always perfect!
edit on 4/21/2012 by NoSoup4U because: typo

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

A brief lesson in contextual theology.

The "Last Trump" is a Hebraism for the beginning of the Feast of Trumpets. Go check out what "hebraisms" and "tekiah ha gudolah" is via Google. The tekiah ha gudolah is the longest and loudest trumpet blast the signals the beginning of the feast. Another Hebraism associated with that feast is the day that no man "knows the day nor hour". Significant here because it was the only fall feast that had no calendar day. There was a two day window it could fall on. The first sliver of reflected light on the new moon signaled the start of the feast.

It was spoken to Hebrews who knew these Hebraisms quite well. He baaically sais "Feast of Trumpets". Hope that helps and is a blessing.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Those were jews you gave mention of. Whats the example of the Gentile man of God (Enoch) prior to the flood? The entire purpose of Daniel's 70th week is to drive Israel to her Messiah. (Hosea 5:15)

You guys have to compartmentalize and apply your Israelology and Ecclesiology seperately. They are two different plans of God and we/ they have two different missions, callings, and prophetic destinies. You must compartmentalize. You must practice sound Hermaneutics and contextual systematic theology. I cannot stress this enough.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

...... You must practice sound Hermaneutics and contextual systematic theology. I cannot stress this enough.

Well, I understand Hermaneutics. All you have to do is use the bible to interpret itself. Precept upon precept and line upon line. Nothing is hidden in the word of God.

Also, I have been studying biblical Hebrew for the past three years. I know that doesn't make me an authority, but it does help me have insight concerning the original text. It will probably be a work in progress my whole life, but I am trying.

Further, I am also very familiar with the Jewish Calendar and the 7 Feasts of the Lord. I have studied these things extensively. Did you know that the gestation period for a human is exactly in line with the Feasts of the Lord? The Feasts of the Lord are a shadow of the things that Jesus will fulfill. He already fulfilled the first four when He came the first time. He will surely fulfill the last three as well. They are directly inline with prophecy to be fulfilled too!

As far as Enoch is concerned, he wasn't in tribulation when God took him up alive. Enoch was a man after God's heart. Are you familiar with Bifids & Chiasms when reading the bible?
edit on 4/21/2012 by NoSoup4U because: typo

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Yes i know all this, and i didnt say Enoch was "in tribulation". You brought up God was with Noah through the flood. My point was, yes, but what was the Gentile man of God doing during the flood on Earth? Dancing on golden streets. He was taken prior to the flood. If you want to use the flood as a type and foreshadow of the GT thats fine, but just realize the Gentile man of God wasnt preserved through the flood, he was taken before the rain came.

People get their Israelology and Ecclesiolgy mixed up, thats very bad Hermaneutics. Im trying to help with this error.

edit on 21-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

no colbe
you left out the verse right in front of what you posted....
the going thing to leave out these days.....sounds about right ...... it was about apostolic succession....no not scriptural. I can write volumes

edit on 21-4-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahushua is our new King !!

edit on 21-4-2012 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahushua is our new King !!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

......People get their Israelology and Ecclesiolgy mixed up, thats very bad Hermaneutics. Im trying to help with this error.

I understand where you are coming from. Do you agree that when we accepted Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior and we confessed with our mouths that He came, died and rose again that we gentiles were grafted into the family of God? If not, then you are denying the promise given to us by Jesus. The reason I am asking is because you want me to separate us from the the chosen people of God. I will not do this because it is not true. I am a part of Gods' family. The verses below explain how this happened. So, you are partly right concerning why the Jews are jealous, but I disagree that we are not a part of the olive tree for the word of God tells us that we are grafted in.

Romans 11
13For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

14If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.

15For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

16For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

17And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

18Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

19Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.

20Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

21For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Most Jews do not believe in Jesus Christ and we do and we believe by faith. That is how we are a part of Israel; the chosen people; the family of God.

SIDE NOTE: I enjoy talking through this subject matter with mature people. I think it helps us think through the word of God with a sound heart and purpose.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Where did I deny any of that? But Israel's blindness isnt permanant. It ends when the ekklesia is translated to heaven. Then Daniel's. 70th week begins. The church age was hidden from the OT prophets. The GT is the time of Jacob's trouble. Jacob is Israel. The verse you are mentioning about being grafted into the tree is from Romans
11, amd in that same chapter it talks about the future ingrafting and redemption of the original branches.

The entire purpose of the GT is to redeem Israel to her Messiah, to make them new covenant Jews.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join