It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome Shuttle Launch From Onboard Cameras

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Click 720 for best resolution, and ya might get a bit dizzy for a moment.

I thought this was an event of awe, complete with some pretty dynamic sound too, which was mixed at Skywalker Sound Lab. They describe a transonic speed achieved. This is a POV from the solid rocket.
Were those panels or ice breaking off at 34 seconds?

Just got this from the guys at Glenn who are finalizing the new special edition DVD/BluRay version of Ascent: Commemorating Shuttle which this will be an extra on. The video is shot from the Solid Rocket Booster Perspective up and down with enhanced sound thanks to Ben Burtt's son and the folks at Skywalker Sound. The team is still trying to figure out how to release this all to the public, but for now enjoy an exclusive first look. +NASA youtube doesn't even have the video.
The sound is all from the camera microphones and not fake or replaced with foley artist sound.

Try to let what you're witnessing sink in. See those numbers flying past in the upper right hand corner? That's the Shuttle's airspeed. See that gleam of light against the inky backdrop of space at 2:08 and 3:11? That's the Shuttle continuing on its flight path into low Earth orbit. Hear the eerie rattling, haunting moans, and weird dinosaur noises? That's what it sounds like to be a Solid Rocket Booster, falling to Earth from an altitude of 150,000 feet.

Salute to space explorations,
spec

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
already posted, but never the less, absolutely blew me away when i did see it first time round

Two

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Very cool video! We should post this every time there is a space program is a hoax thread...no they will just say its all CG or project blue beam or something.

Those very well could have been panels at 00:34, but then again I am no expert.

The sound in the video is amazing, i cant wait to watch at home in 720.

S+F!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

My bad, thanks for letting me know

I did try the search, but we know how that sometimes goes. Hopefully this one is in another forum, and if not, mods may close/redirect.

Peace

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Here it is!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I should know, I posted it!

That aside the video is amazing. Ha! I notice you got 4 flags I only got 1. Well done.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Anon77

Booya, same forum too! Ahhh great minds no doubt

Thanks Anon77

spec

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Lol. Great minds indeed!

Rare thing on ATS these days.

That footage is awesome though. Now all we need is external footage of the mach 25 re-entry plasma light show. Now that would be amazing...

Ps - S+F for you my friend.
edit on 29/3/12 by Anon77 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join