It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush People called me tonight

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
To make sure I was voting for Bush. I said hell no, i'm voting libertarian... He said cool but we gotta make sure kerry doesn't get in... I said well you got my husbands vote but not mine. I'm not too happy with bush. He actually admitted he was a libertarian, another thing I guess people say is that libertarians are pot smokin' republicans??? thats what he said.. either way, it's funny, i don't smoke but hey too each his own. I'm just upset that people aren't seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. He asked me if lp's didn't exist would i vote for bush? i said no, i'd vote either consitution or populist... I think he wanted to mark me down as a yes but I couldn't say it. bush isn't environmentally friendly, he's not civil liberty friendly, and he's not for less laws but for more laws... Not cool.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Are you saying the push pollster for Bush actually claimed to be a Libertarian himself?

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Are you saying the push pollster for Bush actually claimed to be a Libertarian himself?

Hey man, don't jizz your pants just yet. Work is work

[edit on 9-23-2004 by Esoterica]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I always wonder why people answer polls. I no longer answer any type of poll, whether or not its my bank asking how I like my service or a political poll. How do you know you are dealing with a legitimate pollster?

That bit about pot is a little suspect to me as is the attempt to identify with the target by faking an affiliation.

That "polling" company or "person" now has your political affiliation, tied to personal information that they may gleen from your responses.

My advice: Hang up on pollsters.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

Originally posted by RANT

Hey man, don't jizz your pants just yet. Work is work

No. I'm not insinuating the guy "slipped up" and admitted his true feelings at all. It's a tactic.

There's a script for calling Libertarians in Battleground States and it seems he followed it perfectly.

It's not a real poll when they say things like "cool but we gotta make sure kerry doesn't get in..."

That should be obvious. Then when they go on to agree with something like yeah I'm LP myself but I'm voting Bush and you should too I'd say all doubt is removed.

I mean TL had it right on the money. "Bush People Called me Tonight."

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
TrueLies,

It sounds to me like Bush is more desperate than Kerry is to win this election. Anyone agree?

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
One more month, and this will go away for 3 1/2 years.

If The same happens to kerry that happend to Gore, Will kerry fight?

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Yeah but i'm not helping bush's cause any, I just finished handing out 700 libertarian brochures in my neighbourhood, I got 3 yard signs up and I taped one to my truck, I got my my two bumperstickers and I a attached one of the brochures to my truck... i probably pass a few thousand people everyday...

Now if you'll excuse me I have a phone call to make.... Gotta order some more of those brochures...

I hope you fellow lp's are donating and helping out also...

ciao

The number to the LP is 1-800-ELECT-US

PS: There are bush and kerry yard signs in this neighborhood... I thought it it was my duty to drop them a brochure just to let them know there are other options....

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder
TrueLies,

It sounds to me like Bush is more desperate than Kerry is to win this election. Anyone agree?

Actually, I think they are both desperate to win the election. Pretty soon, both of them will attempt to bond with undecideds even more than they currently do.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Edited: For Vulgarity....

Short Point of it was: They can blow me.

[edit on 26-9-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder
TrueLies,

Actually, I think Bush knows he will win in a landslide. In fact the democrats knew it was gonna be a landslide also, how do you think you ended up with John F'n Kerry? ALGORE and Hillary knew better not to run.

I feel sorry for democrats, you are being duped. Hillary will not allow ANYONE to mess up her plans for 2008, that is how you ended up with Kerry. I just hope Kerry is getting compensated handsomely for making himself look like an idiot.....or could it be he is just like that??? Either way he has no chance.

Bush knows he will win, but he wants it desicive. He won last time, but had no mandate. A blowout makes getting partially privatized social security possible, makes getting rid of the IRS and UN possible also.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
yeah and when they do, i'll bend over so that they can lick my crack.
screw both of em. Children call these types of people "users"

Dont hold back your feelings

A lot of us have something they can kiss

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I agree, Bush is going to win on a landslide. A recent report by CNN just had Bush with 301 electroal votes. To become president you only need 270. Bush has the entire south, mountain area, and most of the midwest with the exception of Illinois. So all you anti-bu#es get use to W because he is going to be in for another 4 years!!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Another 4 more years??? Do you know what that means to this country?
Hold on to your turbins kids!

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
I hope you fellow lp's are donating and helping out also...

I was but I got kinda side tracked looks like I will be sittingout the rest of this election

One thing I do have going is my boys have started a Young Libertarians club in their high school.

I think this is the hope of the future, get them young before they have bought into th two choices only lie

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The best thing to do too a pollster is totally waste his time. Do this by asking where he is from, talk about your grandmother, ask what they mean exactly everytime they ask you a question, answer their questions with questions, tell them that you aren't sure what they mean and get them to elaborate, don't answer yes or no to anything. This accomplishes several things, it wastes thier time to prevent them from calling other folks, it wastes their money (no call is free), and it gives you the satisfaction of knowing that you have not givent he informatin they were looking for, and helps increase their "margin of error'.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I should of done that, but at the time I was happy one was calling me so that I could tell him where I was coming from, what I don't like about bush, and what he thought about his policies, the more I started talking to him the more I saw he was brainwashed, the only reason why he was voting for bush is because bush apparantly is going to stop this war on terrorism, and the guy had two kids in the militiary and he said he didn't want them fighting down the road. He had to support them now... nice logic eh...

I got a thing in the mail from the republican party on saturday, their letter said:

With electoin day just weeks away... The liberal democrats are already working overtime to discredit and blame president bush... to dismantle our hard won majority control of congresss, to block our compassionate conservative agenda, and to destroy our party's record of achievement for America in the 108th congress. It's imperatvie I immediately enlist you and your republican neighbors so we can move our local and stateide gop victory building operations into high gear starting today...

I couldn't read anymore so I just threw it out.... well now I did lol..

I just can't stand the bush people, they talk about how liberals are so closed minded, i'm starting to believe that the gop members are closed minded... My husband was very close minded until I cracked his head. he knew the gop wasn't perfect but he would always use the word BUT to justify his action for supporting them. he's no longer doing that...
tonight we will sit in the garage, he promised he's going to read the lp newsletter I get and the brochure describing the platform on defense and drugs because those are theo nly two things he seems to not understand.
so he promised me he'll read them, we'll sip our beer and hang out in my newly reorganized garage I spent the last two days cleaning and hopefully he'll be able to talk instead of get heated... he hates when he's wrong... but who doesn't??

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
TrueLies, I'm with you on the idea we should have more than 2 choices. But this election means too much. It was argued (and I beleive not truthfully) that Nader won the election for Bush last time around by "stealing" some of Gore's votes. I voted for Nader, and I'm damn proud of it.

But, this time around, it just frightens me to think of bush in power for 4 more years. I have to go with the only other choice who has the opportunity to win. so, I'm stuck with Kerry, unfortunately, because I think he'll be a horrible President. But at least he's not Bush.

As far as Bush winning in a landslide? Do you really beleive that? The country is more divided than at any time since the Cival War. Do you really think it's possible that either side will have a landslide win?

Oh yeah, and I'm registered Republican, but I could give too #s about the party line, that was just the way I was leaning when I first registered top vote. I'd love to jion a 3rd party, but one that is viable, and has a real chance to win. I'll throw my support that way, I've voted for both Perot and Nader in recent elections. I think that several of the minority parties should ban together to establish a viable third party, but don't forsee that happening in the near future.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The notion of four more years of this madman frightens the hell out of me.

You think Bush is causing waves and destruction now?!

Just think what he can do for the next four years without the worry of placating anybody so he can win reelection. He could, quite literally, do whatever he wants. Free reign.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
If this is
now, wait till after the elections

World is about to end as we know it.

signed,
Henny penny

top topics

<<   2 >>

join