It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A cruelty-free future

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

You are one of those people who don't believe animals have a soul.

en.wikipedia.org...(The_Twilight_Zone)

Enjoy your dog-free afterlife

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Why not just put webcams in slaughthouses?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

No, but regards to farmed animals, which have been specifically bred to eat, then they can die with no bad feeling on my part. This might be difficult to grasp for some people, but its just an opinion. If it wasn't for farming, i don't think these animals would exist in their current form anyway, so if the sole purpose of an animal is for humans to consume, I personally find this acceptable.

Im not saying I would extend this to dogs or primates. They have not been bred to be eaten (with some possible exceptions).

The main point I was trying to make is that the animals we consume are generally brought into existence for that purpose alone, and this has been the case for thousands of years.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcsteve

No, but regards to farmed animals, which have been specifically bred to eat, then they can die with no bad feeling on my part. This might be difficult to grasp for some people, but its just an opinion. If it wasn't for farming, i don't think these animals would exist in their current form anyway, so if the sole purpose of an animal is for humans to consume, I personally find this acceptable.

Im not saying I would extend this to dogs or primates. They have not been bred to be eaten (with some possible exceptions).

The main point I was trying to make is that the animals we consume are generally brought into existence for that purpose alone, and this has been the case for thousands of years.

Thanks, I find your opinion interesting. Your judging the rightness or wrongness of killing a creature on the purpose to which the creature was created.

I suspect you are very much not alone.

I wonder, as time goes on and our ability to create living creatures improves thats going to lead to some real horror.

Its just as well nobody designed us. :-)

Thanks for responding

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

You are one of those people who don't believe animals have a soul.

en.wikipedia.org...(The_Twilight_Zone)

Enjoy your dog-free afterlife

Oh? You sure do make assumptions.

I love animals mate, animals are all around me where I live. A cow, though, I see as meat. I see it as a nice steak over the fire, meat to sustain me.

What I believe has nothing to do when it comes to to survival. If you have to eat to survive, then yes, I will eat an animal, if it has a soul or not.

vvv

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Its not as narrow as you make it sound. These animals which are commonly consumed by us are bred over hundreds (if not thousands) of years, specifically to have the correct qualities for our consumption. They would not exist in the form they are now if this was not the case. This is very much a different thing to creating something to kill it.

Did you not say you eat meat? That makes your opinion interesting to me. Unless you're crying into your burger each time you eat one, I don't see much difference from my opinion to yours apart from false morals.

If I had a problem with the morality of eating meat, I wouldn't eat it. Fortunately for me I don't.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcsteve

Its not as narrow as you make it sound. These animals which are commonly consumed by us are bred over hundreds (if not thousands) of years, specifically to have the correct qualities for our consumption. They would not exist in the form they are now if this was not the case. This is very much a different thing to creating something to kill it.

Did you not say you eat meat? That makes your opinion interesting to me. Unless you're crying into your burger each time you eat one, I don't see much difference from my opinion to yours apart from false morals.

If I had a problem with the morality of eating meat, I wouldn't eat it. Fortunately for me I don't.

I do eat meat. I also enjoy it. I also recognise that doesn't mean its defensible to do so if you really think about it.

The same goes for lots of other things we currently do. Like living in air conditioned houses eating to excess while children starve to death and die of treatable diseases daily.

I acknowledge my imperfections and feel no need to bend my definition of 'right' back to suit what I do. :-)

I wasn't criticising you. The point I was attempting to tease out was that recognising we like meat (for a number of reasons) and also recognising that killing animals to get it is morally undesirable (you don't concur) it supports the case for the artificial meat in question.

We get a better standard of behaviour without sacrifice.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

when iran nukes us you will noy have to worry about meat or being a vegetarian. as a vegetarian who barbecues tofu we wil not have any plants t eat also when we are nuked

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
There is a reason why they breed in high number. They were meant for food since the dawn of time. If they could, they would eat us like we eat them.

And, they do eat us. Flesh Eating disease, bacteria, viruses... More and more people are forgetting that we are of this planet. We are just as enmeshed in its ecosystem as the elephants and all the critters in the microscopic realm. Every living thing is food for every living thing. It's just the way things are, and has been ever since the second living cell said to the very first living cell, "Mmm, you look delicious!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join