It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Gingrich's ego keeping him in the race?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Gingrich's chances to gaining the nomination are close to nil, yet he is insistent that he still verymuch has a horse in the race towards the nomination. What's happening? He confirmed that he is sticking around all the way to the convention?? This surely doesn't work well for Santorum does it?

Mr. Gingrich's campaign acknowledges it can't win the delegates needed to claim the Republican nomination, and that a downsized campaign will now pick its contests more carefully. It will also try to win uncommitted delegates in private conversations, aiming to trigger a fight for the nomination at the party convention this summer.

Maybe he is working with Romney to hold back any challange made by Santorum? But Santorum has an estimate delegate load half that of Romney anyway... He has no chance either way for overtaking Romney, not even in a convention..... Santorum has been banking on a win in Texas, Pennsylvania and for Gingrich to drop out of the race and pass on delegates to him, but this isn't going to plan. What is the deal? Does Gingrich seriously think he still hs a chance to the nomination even though Romney pritty much has solid backing??

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Ya think?

The dude is angling for a post in the next Admin...if they win, nothing more.

Wow...as a Conservative, I find that kind of scary.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Newt is doing more damage to the party by staying beyond his mathematical chance of winning anything that any Democrat could. Silly games like this are what causes people to move from "republican" to Independent Conservative. It also shows his true character and it's sure not a pretty thing.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'd say Gingrich is more of a pest than a threat. Romney is already more than half way toward the nomination, he has solid backing. Santorum is also just alittle distraction. I'm just wondering that there has to more to this than just his ego..... this is why I speculate that he may be in a deal with Romney to split the vote for Santorum..... atleast up until June....

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Personally I think that Gingrich has been/is being used to marginalize Ron Paul. His demographic is the older, traditional conservative voter. I'd bet a study or two has been done on where that demographic might land with only three frontrunners. Those voters are probably hesitant to vote for either of the two young whippersnappers. Paul would be the only experienced, mature candidate. Gingrich provides a 'mainstream' option for those voters.

Or I could be completely wrong, and he's workin' it for a cabinet job. Who knows in today's politics?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Gingrich has a monumentally enormous ego. He sees himself as a world historical figure whose name will "ring out" through the ages. It's pretty scary, actually. Check out his doodles and notes from back in the 90's. These were used in the ethics hearings against him which eventually led to his downfall:

Gingrich's doodles

Also check out this article those doodles are from:

Is Newt Gingrich Nuts?

He's a scary guy, because I honestly think he'd get us into a big war just so his name could be in the history books. I really think he believes he deserves to be remembered like Washington or Churchill, or people like that.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by blamethegreys
Personally I think that Gingrich has been/is being used to marginalize Ron Paul.

As a Ron Paul guy myself, I love the enthusiasm, but not everything in this race is about Dr. Paul. In truth, very little of it is about him or ever really has been. This is the current delegate count as of today.

Romney : 568
Santorum: 273
Newt: 135
Paul: 50

Math is math and Paul fought the good fight and all...but...well, math is math.

If Newt is even giving passing thought to Ron Paul I'd say it's more along the lines of 'There but for the Grace of the party, go I". If he's there to marginalize anyone, I'd complain about the obscene waste of money for nothing and how it could be used to actually help folks....but give an old has-been one last thrill of the chase. It's sad to watch.
edit on 29-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by blamethegreys
Personally I think that Gingrich has been/is being used to marginalize Ron Paul.

As a Ron Paul guy myself, I love the enthusiasm, but not everything in this race is about Dr. Paul. In truth, very little of it is about him or ever really has been. This is the current delegate count as of today.

Romney : 568
Santorum: 273
Newt: 135
Paul: 50

Math is math and Paul fought the good fight and all...but...well, math is math.

If Newt is even giving passing thought to Ron Paul I'd say it's more along the lines of 'There but for the Grace of the party, go I". If he's there to marginalize anyone, I'd complain about the obscene waste of money for nothing and how it could be used to actually help folks....but give an old has-been one last thrill of the chase. It's sad to watch.
edit on 29-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Your numbers are seriously skewed. Ron Paul has over 350 delegates.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Of course his ego is keeping him in.

And I think he is going to try to use the few delegates he has to try to bribe his way into a VP slot. If Romney turns him down...I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to team up with Santorum and have them announce the ticket while primaries are still going to attempt to get more votes.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I dont know why any of them are getting votes , they are see through , and that Romney
i wouldnt trust him with a bottle of water, never mind a whole country.

top topics

join