It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning!!! If You play games on-line

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
OK, I admit it, I like to play several games on-line when I have my down time. But I noticed sometimes I have some lagging in the game play that I shouldn't have have. I have an excellent FO connection, with outrageous upload and download speeds. So I started my usual diagnostics and found out the problem.
But let me back up a little bit here. Remember the Sony playstation hacks? Remember my thread here?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Well here is what I found. After checking my internet speed
www.bandwidthplace.com...
www.speakeasy.net...
performance.toast.net...
. I opened my COD game and my Hardware firewall resource page, and $#@%^&*, there it was!
Most of the entire Hardware fire wall page displayed nothing but Chinese Blocked sites, that were directly attempting to hack into my IP! There were so many that it may have looked like a DOS attack!
So I thought I'd get the word out. If you have an antivirus program that displays WHO is getting into, or attempting to get into your machine, open up an on-line game. Let me us know what you see.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
well i certainly dont get this sort of abuse from playing my mmorpg, nor the other random online games i play etc.

Do you download any torrents at all (not necessarily illegal stuff)?

Visit many sites that you get pop ups from or windows you cant close?

Do you have any browser based blockers, script or trackers?

thanks,

biigs

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Those internet speed sites you have linked to,they don't store your info they are blank, ....meaning we have to run them to get our internet speeds.

I doubt you are being DDOS attacked by anyone from China....what would be more useful, is if you posted the results of your blocked firewall results?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Keep us posted if you find any more games. Why do you think they are using your IP? Because of its high speed? What if they are using it to get on sites that are blocked in china?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

There was actually a news segment on China sometime last year, and their cyber-wars against the world. The number of people that are targeted per day in different countries was beyond me.

Around 9 million IP's are almost hacked everyday in Australia
The number of attempted hacked IP's in America was almost in the hundreds. I can't remember the rest.

Mind you, this goes on everyday across the world. D:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
to be honest it sounds like busy time or DL limit line restrictions, just because you dont pay for that service doesnt mean you might be getting it accidentally.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I stopped gaming many, many, many moons ago.... last game I played was Pitfall..j/k.

Say what you want about Xbox but it is has dedicated servers for JUST THIS VERY REASON!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I play xbox live all the time and my credit card info was stolen I had to have my card cancelled. How can we prevent this?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
oh I so hope our military tactics are being siphoned from my 10 yr old playing cod online.....

Great thoughts here in the making.

A_L

link   

Originally posted by AsuspiciousMANappears
I play xbox live all the time and my credit card info was stolen I had to have my card cancelled. How can we prevent this?

Buy prepaid cards in either silver or gold membership.

link   

That's nothing dude you should see how much crap my secret firewall blocks when I open a torrent downloader lol.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AsuspiciousMANappears

Get another card only a visa debt that has no overdraft ability, put on how ever much your online habbits cost a month and pay with that. if its stolen they can only charge what you have left to it.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
well i certainly dont get this sort of abuse from playing my mmorpg, nor the other random online games i play etc.

Do you download any torrents at all (not necessarily illegal stuff)?

Visit many sites that you get pop ups from or windows you cant close?

Do you have any browser based blockers, script or trackers?

thanks,

biigs

No.
No.
I don't know what you mean browser based blockers, script or trackers. How would this effect the chinese attacking my IP?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

Those internet speed sites you have linked to,they don't store your info they are blank, ....meaning we have to run them to get our internet speeds.

I doubt you are being DDOS attacked by anyone from China....what would be more useful, is if you posted the results of your blocked firewall results?

1. Yes I understand that, I wanted to see my speed. To check if it had slowed down, and it hadn't.

2. I would (and did in my other thread), but it is against ATS to post IP's.
Please review my thread here for more understanding why.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Pay particular to what the moderator Green Eyed Leo states.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Many Malware writers now are writing Malware that steal online game passwords.
Or it could be that you have some Malware on your computer that isn't being caught by your Anti-Virus.

There is a nice program called TCPView.
Download that and you can see what is trying to connect to your PC.

You can then edit your hosts file and put in the ip to resolve to your local host.
So if ip addres 69.148.52.125 is attacking your pc you enter.
127.0.0.1 69.148.52.125
and your computer won't connect to that ip address.

I might suggest that if you're really paranoid to get a router that also does packet inspection and malware detection.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

I might suggest that if you're really paranoid to get a router that also does packet inspection and malware detection.

Thank you for your reply.
As I stated earlier, and in my other thread, I have a hardware firewall and soft ware Internet security program.
No paranoia here, these can be factually checked and do exist.
My intent is to inform other members of this nefarious threat.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
I don't know what you mean browser based blockers, script or trackers. How would this effect the chinese attacking my IP?

I asked because theres a number of obvious ways your IP can get into the hands of the hackers, im not doubting your theory, i was just eliminating other possibilities for being targetted.

Nothing personal buddy

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Is this just with regards to PSN or including Xbox live? Also is this with your console connected to the internet via your pc?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Thankfully I have another computer dedicated to secure communications...I think they're secure anyways, but are they really?

I've streamed the IheartRadio from from time to time and always end up a virus notification. Usually Alereon.

What's up with that? It's a radio station for Dawg's sake!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
What type of Anti-virus do you have to see imcoming connections?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join