It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theists can't annoy Atheists enough to entice them into believing something wtihout a reason

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Listen, absurd as it sounds Atheists don't want a holy war more than the rest of you, I hit submit instead of preview because I'm stupid, brb.

Absurdism is equal in thought that if you don't need a reason to believe in God, why not and why aren't the stepping stones you need to moving past that discussion.

It's a leap of faith atheists already have in each other as an implied association with the jokers to the left of them and the clowns to the right. Stuck in the middle with me.

If you like to get your jollies off by antagonizing atheists, speak to me, atheists if you got a monkey on your back about who's proselytizing a burning bush instead of drinking water, don't worry.

Theists, our common enemy is Solipsism, not Satanism, and who we use to fight them are the Nihilists.

Sit back down, keep company with your imaginary friends.
edit on 28-3-2012 by Sachyriel because: preview not submit

To Christians who think teenagers drawing pentagrams on binders are the tools of the devil, they're not and by being more of a vulture of youth culture than a pollinating bee you will detract from your own arguments about peace and love simply by using too obsolete a book for them to even care about.

To Atheists who think a bible-thumping politician is going to ruin all the science-minded children by making it harder for them to learn what evidence really means, don't worry, politicians are stupid because that's how the theists want them.
edit on 28-3-2012 by Sachyriel because: I'll just edit this as I go

Of course mistakes come back to haunt you, so let's briefly scribble on that before we keep going.

Atheists make mistakes at the individual level, theists are afraid to let those mistakes wash over them, however since those mistakes were made do not treat your neighbors to cold shoulders of a helping hand not proffered from lack of mutual insincerity.

Theists seem to want all the mistakes they make to be made at a herd level, perhaps herd immunity is something of a sin to describe as a Sisyphean effort, however the herd immunity of a commonly held belief can be shown to prevent suicidal behavior.
edit on 28-3-2012 by Sachyriel because: blah blah blah, antagonizing myself for an audience.

With only two rights to make a wrong I'll have myself an abstract boomerang to throw round the imaginary hypercube'd toroid of Alpha and Omega, tell God he's been on speakerphone long enough but if he hangs up now he's only selling us enough rope to hang ourselves with, rather than talking about long distance charges.
edit on 28-3-2012 by Sachyriel because: iron chariots, ride!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sachyriel

Your faith that Science has the answer is as far flung as their faith in God. Neither can be proven, or disproven.

If you asked me, I would say that science is the answer up to a point, but that Its impossible to imagine a phenomenon of science that could have generated all of existence from absolutely nothing.

And, while, filling these answers with "god" isn't ideal, it seems like the only plausible solution.

Edit: wrote that before ur text came in, pardon any discrepancies
edit on 28-3-2012 by ClydeFrog42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ClydeFrog42

Science isn't the only option to a peaceful answer, science is a series of questions for peer review conclusions.

Immortality would have to be a peer-reviewed experiment for it to be conclusive, since no one can live past the heat death of the universe Science has laid it at religions feet and the religious are afraid that if science comes up with a way not only to extend mortal life past the imaginations of humans with lifespans only short enough to write a few books, perhaps science will end Gods divine right to rule and when the universe collapses in on itself humanity arises to take control of the next universe.

While that sounds far fetched I think no reason to believe can give believe to those who don't value it the same way that others do.

Belief is a commonly earned thing, you can't say one is true because the other can't be translated only so well.

Atheists are right to crow about human achievements and theists are right to crown angels their dancing pinheads, but atheists are only too quick to scorn imaginary demons and the theists only too quick to take up arms against windmills not giants.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I used to be atheist, and now I am pretty much a deist, and I came to that conclusion completely on my own. But anyways, I hate people who try to push atheism on theists and people who try to push a religion on someone of no or different religion. We are all entitled to our beliefs and I find people who lack respect for that incredibly distasteful

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

That's fine, if we treat this round table discussion of who believes what like a game of broken telephone, who speaks last is the only voice we want to hear.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
atheists are the life of the party. they talk more about God than the pope does. you can start any conversation with them, lets say the yankees, and they'll start listing yankees who may be atheists.

you talk about a good restaurant you've been to, and they'll start riling on how they know a restaurant that famous atheists have been to.

you start saying how good a steak is, an atheist will chime in with something completely irrelevant about how they eat monkey meat in africa, which is wrong because they believe humans are monkeys.

point is their disbelief in God consumes them to such a point, that all they talk or think about is God.

it's odd that something that they believe supposedly doesn't exist, is affecting their lives in such a profound way.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I know right, who says a reasonless belief has to be Atheism only? The reasonless belief might actually be Solipsism, but before we get to punching Nihilists in their unbelieving mouths for spouting off the tip of apostasy, let's begin by knowing we don't need reasons to believe, the only way to beat both Solipsism and Nihilism without the question of Theism or Atheism is Absurdism.

I offer myself like table to sacrifice their disagreements, let's go find those who couldn't disagree only too hard to be so soft.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

point is their disbelief in God consumes them to such a point, that all they talk or think about is God

Great point.
In my perspective, i think Atheists believe in God, except that events in their lives have kind of strayed them away from believing God momentarily....
I see it as a cry for help and their souls are yearning for Christ, but those that claim to be of God, deny Him by their actions to a seeking unbeliever whose heart is already jaded by previous experiences.
edit on 28-3-2012 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

So does that mean the Jews,Muslims,Buddist's etc are crying out for Christ as well?
Oh please.....no one is crying out for Christ only the Christians are, how dare you think that anyone who doesn't believe in what you believe in are really wanting Christ deep down.
Biggest load of claptrap I have heard today.
Self righteous nonsense.
Let people believe in what they want eh? and stop poking your Christian nose in other peoples beliefs.
You don't get into heaven any quicker by trying to convert.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

So does that mean the Jews,Muslims,Buddist's etc are crying out for Christ as well?
Oh please.....no one is crying out for Christ only the Christians are, how dare you think that anyone who doesn't believe in what you believe in are really wanting Christ deep down.
Biggest load of claptrap I have heard today.
Self righteous nonsense.
Let people believe in what they want eh? and stop poking your Christian nose in other peoples beliefs.
You don't get into heaven any quicker by trying to convert.

Yes I do think it is embedded in each person to serve the one true God, and I stand by it. I'll tell you this: God loves each and every of his single creation, He knows and planned every single minute of our lives. Do i wish to convert? Of course I do, but there is only so much I can accomplish, I have faith that God will work in that person's life and accomplish more than anyone can do. So you can continue berating me all you want, or you could possibly ask to why I feel this way and how i came to said conclusion. Maybe, I should ask you why you feel such opposition to my words? Whatever you feel more comfortable with, feel free.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

What if you were to remove divinity, add in astronomy, and couple that with geometry?

...“Where did this man get this wisdom and these miraculous powers?” they asked. 55 “Isn’t this the carpenter’s son?...

Think about the essential tools that a carpenter needs... square and compass to build... what are we building?

The truth is so deeply coded in linguistic parables that those who are atheist will most likely not ever understand, that even goes for those who claim to practice abrahamic religions... the philosophies of the rest, in my opinion are better off than those who falsely misinterpret the parables...

11 He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12 Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 13 This is why I speak to them in parables: “Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

deny their ignorance, and lead through example, and you will avoid any type of war based on religion. I'd personally would rather see a world of monks and Buddhists, than a world of mislead Bible and Qur'an holders. Not that the words in the two books are wrong, just the interpretations...

o well, i'm done rambling

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
atheists are the life of the party. they talk more about God than the pope does. you can start any conversation with them, lets say the yankees, and they'll start listing yankees who may be atheists.

you talk about a good restaurant you've been to, and they'll start riling on how they know a restaurant that famous atheists have been to.

you start saying how good a steak is, an atheist will chime in with something completely irrelevant about how they eat monkey meat in africa, which is wrong because they believe humans are monkeys.

point is their disbelief in God consumes them to such a point, that all they talk or think about is God.

it's odd that something that they believe supposedly doesn't exist, is affecting their lives in such a profound way.

The stars you got were from the religious folk. This thread needs to STOP NOW. The mods need to stop it NOW. Its about to be de-railed because of these ignorant statements people make. Everyone is generalizing
atheists and theists. You say stuff like this, with NO EVIDENCE to back it up. Your mad that we don't believe in god? Well, you'll have to deal with it. Everyone is different.

This whole thread is going to turn into a big argument with no facts involved, generalization, bickering, and belittling of both sides. No one is going to win. At the end of the day, atheists aren't going to believe in god,
and your not going to throw your faith in the garbage. So why not have a intelligent discussion, and post your point as I don't see the main point of your OP other than to get people to agree with you.
edit on 28-3-2012 by Vandettas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

I like you, you've got my attitude down pat to this, but since you're only talking about books and not through something a bit more technological as a metaphor, instead of God being trapped inside a book you have to read to let his light shine out through you, can you accept a demon trapped inside a book I can't give you for free?

Mister B. Gone, by Clive Barker, is all about a demon trapped inside the very book you hold.Here is the link to a page about it.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas So why not have a intelligent discussion, and post your point as I don't see the main point of your OP other than to get people to agree with you.
edit on 28-3-2012 by Vandettas because: (no reason given)

....People don't need discernible reasons to believe in a higher power like God, some of us can just have faith without reason, it's not reasonless belief, but to believe something without needing a reason.

If you think people need reasons to have imaginary friends, I'm sorry, I don't believe in you.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Hold on I thought we had freewill? but your version of god has planned out all our lifes and knows what is going to happen? so why has he/she made people not believe in him? and made other people follow other gods?

Look I didn't like what you said because it really is nonsense, you can't tell other people of other faiths that their faith is wrong and yours is right the same goes for atheists, you can not say they really have Christ in them because they don't.
I respect if you have Christ in you and fair enough that's your choice but why can't you respect Atheists, Jews, Muslims who have gone down a different path. No path is wrong.

edit on 28-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Hold on I thought we had freewill? but your version of god has planned out all our lifes and knows what is going to happen? so why has he/she made people not believe in him? and made other people follow other gods?

Look I didn't like what you said because it really is nonsense, you can't tell other people of other faiths that their faith is wrong and yours is right the same goes for atheists, you can not say they really have Christ in them because they don't.
I respect if you have Christ in you and fair enough that's your choice but why can't you respect Atheists, Jews, Muslims who have gone down a different path. No path is wrong.

edit on 28-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

Great questions. I believe the three characteristics of God: He is omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient. My friend brought up a St. Thomas Aquinas quote a while back, but i can't seem to find the source, but it went something like this: God is so omniscient that He knows the infinite amount of options and choices and knows which one that we will take. He knows us better than we knows ourselves!

To answer your questions (so why has he/she made people not believe in him? and made other people follow other gods?). To answer your question, I provide another question: How could we appreciate light if there is no darkness?

Perception in hindsight is what blinds us to God. Sometimes, it takes an individual longer than another.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I can see the reasoning behind a metaphorical demon being with in a book. I would suggest that there is some truth behind some of what can be found in these books in regards to relationships concerning metaphysics. But, the truth is, these 'truths' were only a few things that Jesus had said, and much of the things that are attributed to him, were only done so, via means of supporting a doctrine to be idolized for the benefit of a select few.

It's kinda of a tricky subject, one that I'm not the greatest at explaining...

Either way people try to slice it... Christianity, Islam, and Judaism all contain aspects of a philosophy that will provide means of salvation, it's just too bad that 99.99999999999% of people don't practice them. Including myself... but I'm getting there. We have fallen, and through the eyes that have witness such tragedy shall the truth be disguised for we collapse the wave. We are a people with amnesia, who have forgotten where we come from, and the path that brings us home. That is, until all of the 24 have followed suit and we break the seal.

We are all stars, and our light only cast shadows upon those who see themselves as otherwise.

What the deal playboy, just rest your soul I be holding it down yo still love the dough...
Got the whole world on lock down you know how we flow
Don't worry about Brooklyn I continue to flame
Therefore a world with amnesia won't forget your name
You held it down long enough, let me take those reigns
And just like your spirit the commision remains

Jay - Z "The City is Mine"

People like to say that Jay-z is Illuminati, and a devil worshiper and all that junk, but the truth is. That man is more spiritually enlightened, and aware than most people could ever hope to be. Yes, the entire song is identifying the role of the devil, but he's doing so artistically, almost in a parable of sorts, just so yall can figure it out.

J-Hova

Hove is back, life stories told through rap
Ni**az actin' like I sold you crack
Like I told you sell drugs...
no... Hove did that so hopefully you won't have to go through that

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sachyriel
With only two rights to make a wrong I'll have myself an abstract boomerang to throw round the imaginary hypercubed toroid of Alpha and Omega

W - wrong ways of visions that we see in our minds and manifest in words

R - righteousness is repentance not displaying views

O - overall nonsense because if one thing is not true everything isn't

N - new things to a new mind lead to good conclusions

G - guess how I am in the place to say

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

I quote
To answer your question, I provide another question: How could we appreciate light if there is no darkness?

So you completely ignore my question with a stupid question....typical I have had enough in this thread wasting my time good day.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I have to agree with the OP.
Though I don't consider myself to be atheist, there is nothing anyone can say, that will convince me that I should believe in a God for the sake of my eternal salvation.
Seriously.

The book of Hebrews says that "without faith it is impossible to please [God], for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6, NKJV).
Even those who do not fully believe in (the) God but want to, are made to feel guilty because already, they are not pleasing the God they're not sure they believe in.

One site asks, "Do you have enough information or evidence to justify a decision to TRUST that God is real and to then commit yourself to a relationship with God?"
Where does this information or evidence come from? A book?
Perhaps I will write a very secret book, about a magical sky diving puppy, who would come to us in times of need, and show us the way to a better life. I'll include many different 'people's perspectives', how this magical puppy came and changed people lives, and taught us how to be better people. I'll hide it in a place it won't be discovered for thousands of years, when all traces of life as we know it are wiped away, and they will think that this magical sky diving puppy is a God.

How To Have Faith

This tripe is laughable! It simply makes more sense to believe in God than to reject God. Your faith need not be blind. Believing that God is (as the Bible says) the "Alpha and the Omega" is not a leap in the dark, but a logical conclusion based on the evidence we have.

But, Hebrews 11:1 says that faith is "being sure" of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."

All anyone does is talk about evidence of God, how it 'makes sense' to believe in God. It almost makes you feel stupid, it's a mechanism fuelled by guilt. "I really should believe, because otherwise I will look stupid. I feel guilty that this God I'm not sure I even believe in is unhappy that I don't believe in him!"

To me, it simply DOESN'T make sense. It makes no sense at all.
Not believing in a God doesn't make anyone a bad person, it doesn't make you amoral, or evil. We are still bound by human laws, and human ethics. You couldn't look at any one person and say, "THAT person is an atheist! Look at them! They EXUDE evil!"

Once you are half way there, how does one completely tip the scale to becoming 100% faithful to God?
Scripture, worship, keep having it drummed into you from every angle, until you are forced to acknowledge it in everything you see.

new topics

top topics

join