It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Fairy Skirts Dangerous?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I'm starting a home business. I'm making fairy themed items for little girls, fairy tents, wings, wands, headbands, wristbands and fairy skirts. I'm also making dragon and dinosaur themed items for little boys. I'm not finished designing and creating an inventory, so I haven't started advertising yet, but I thought I'd start by going to flea markets and craft fairs to get out there when I'm ready.

So, yesterday, I'm making a bunch of fairy skirts.

The community where I live was undergoing repair to the gas lines, and so the gas was turned off. When they turned it back on a man came to the door and asked to enter to light my stove and heater pilot. When he saw my skirts his jaw dropped, I swear I saw a drop of drool as his eyes glassed over.

He said he knew a lot of little girls that liked to dress up like princesses and he knew about 30 guys that would buy my skirts. He asked for a business card. I was kicking myself that I hadn't printed them yet.

He said, "That's OK, I know where you live, I'll pass the word around that you're making these."

After he left, I couldn't shake the ugly feeling I had that he wanted to buy my skirts to lure little girls to get his jollies off!

This exchange really took the joy out of my work, and I can't help thinking that some of my skirts might be sold to pedophiles, and little girls may fall victim because of me.

Am I overreacting? Is there anyway to filter out creepy guys if I advertise on Craig's List, Ebay or flea markets?

edit on 28-3-2012 by windword because: spelling

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Put up a sign that you have the right to refuse sales to anyone for any reason, then when your creep meter goes off refuse sale.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
That is creepy. How many adult men do you know that "know a lot of little girls" and their taste in costume wear? And on top of that know 30 guys who do as well.

Or maybe he was just making up a story off the cuff because he and his 30 friends like to wear them at their super secret dress-up tea parties.

edit on 28-3-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Either he knows 30 father's of daughters, 30 child molesters, or 30 Sissy boys.

I wouldn't be so ready to jump to the child molester conclusion if I were you. I would though brace myself for quite a few requests for fairy skirts in a size 46" waist.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

Thanks, I thought of that.

It seemed like a whole new world opened up to this imagination, when he saw my skirts. I never meant to give these kind of creeps new ideas!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

The smart-alec me says: Yes! Very dangerous. The last 2 people I saw wearing them, each had their head and both arms chopped off.

The curious me says: How tall are those headless women? They could be around 3-4 ft., or those could be lil miniature fairy chairs, in the background.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Ok, now you guys are making me laugh. Thanks!

I would be happy to make fairy skirts with 46' waists!

I know I shouldn't jump to conclusions, secretly accusing men of child molestation.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Chances are he is a cross dresser and knows plenty of others like him.

Besides, their are plenty of "faeries" in the world.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

No...I do not think you are overreacting. Unfortunately.....there are many creepy people in society....and he is one of them...and he knows many others like him. Use your own intuition and good judgement.

I think your creations are great...and I know you intentions are honorable. Children like to play....and pretend....your costumes sound like fun! If I was a little girl...I would want one....just to play and pretend I am a fairy...and I could grant people wishes....it would be innocent...and a good wholesome part of my childhood...which is what I think you want to promote...a joyful play experience...for children.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Thanks. That's exactly what I am intending to foster, innocent play.

The thing is, just before he came in, I was weaving one of the skirts together, when I got a bad feeling, premonition that I hadn't considered, that the little girl that would wear this skirt might be in danger of molestation. I tried to shake it off and put really loving feelings and care into the skirt.

Then that guy showed up! Weird!
edit on 28-3-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
perhaps he has a daughter who is at a dance school and thought they were just the job for the next school performance

but theres demand for 46" womens clothing and if you can make dresses you could perhaps make some "can can" dresses for the more robust male figure and to prove it we have the ultimate british sexy male buster bloodvessel doing his best in 1981

and its a sight to behold in a club when you have 20-30 drunk rockers/punks etc all lined up doing the can can

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

HAHA! The market is endless!

Maybe I should make and display the skirts with bloomers!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

You just made my day!
Slightly annoyed Buster can get his leg up higher then than I can these days though.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Either he knows 30 father's of daughters, 30 child molesters, or 30 Sissy boys.

I wouldn't be so ready to jump to the child molester conclusion if I were you. I would though brace myself for quite a few requests for fairy skirts in a size 46" waist.

Yep, exactly. One thing you will need to do if you go into business is stop worrying about where your products go. I think you may be reading too much into it and also if you go around making accusations you are likely to get yourself in a lot of trouble. Because people have funny tastes you can't go labelling them criminals (actually scrub that - it seems that you can label anyone a criminal or terrorist if you are in America!).

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

He said, "That's OK, I know where you live, I'll pass the word around that you're making these."

After re-reading, this↑ part causes me to lean more towards the possibility that he is NOT wanting to "get his jollies off".

If he said he knew 30 people that would buy them, and wanted to go ahead and order/purchase them all for himself, then that could be a bit more suspicious.

I very well could be wrong, but with it worded that way, it seems that he might tell these other people, and then if they want them, they can purchase one for themselves.

I just couldn't imagine 30 different molesters/perverts each knocking on your door, to get one.

P.S. How tall are those headless people? Kid size or Barbie size?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

That feeling that you got .....before he showed up....that is your (intuition) pay attention to it (always) in the future...your intuition will help you to make healthy choices.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

I was thinking the same thing. If he know "lots of guys" who might want these, it could be he's part of a drag circle.
Who knows? My opinion is, innocent until proven guilty. He may also have a daughter and have lots of guy friends who have daughters. Don't jump to conclusions.

To the op,
If I had a daughter, I'd buy one.

edit on 28-3-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OliArtist

also if you go around making accusations you are likely to get yourself in a lot of trouble. Because people have funny tastes you can't go labelling them criminals.....
I don't see any accusations. Just a slight concern.

Regardless though, there are no names in the OP. I don't even know what State they are in, yet alone who the guy is.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I love your Tutu's!!!!! They are precious! You are so talented, please don't let some gross guy discourage you. My daughter had a tutu birthday party last year and it was a blast....everyone, and I mean everyone at the party had on a tutu (Dad, grandpa, uncles, brothers) it was hilarious. It was all in good fun and everyone had a really good time. I say "make the tutu's and live your dream"!!!!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join