It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question on Obamacare

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Whoa...New Orleans did not flood because they were below Sea Level, many of the coastal cities of the south are below sea level,
reply to post by Indigo5

It IS 6 feet below sea level, and to rely on a man-made levee to protect it from a CAT 3,4 or 5 hurricane is just plain stupid.You can spin this any way you want, but if people decide to build a house on the coast that is BELOW SEA LEVEL, they get everything they deserve for their stupidity.
In the vernacular "You pays your money and you takes your chances."
Taxpayers should not pay for ignorant mistakes made by ignorant people.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

Whoa...New Orleans did not flood because they were below Sea Level, many of the coastal cities of the south are below sea level,
reply to post by Indigo5

It IS 6 feet below sea level, and to rely on a man-made levee to protect it from a CAT 3,4 or 5 hurricane is just plain stupid.You can spin this any way you want, but if people decide to build a house on the coast that is BELOW SEA LEVEL, they get everything they deserve for their stupidity.
In the vernacular "You pays your money and you takes your chances."
Taxpayers should not pay for ignorant mistakes made by ignorant people.

Speaking of ignorance...does that mean that those other coastal cities like Galveston should be exempt from recieving federal assistance funds? How about the midwest farmers that live along the Mississippi? Or those living in Tornado alley.

And on the ignorance theme...I never disputed that New Orleans is below Sea Level...as are many cities...I disputed your claim that New Orleans being below Sea Level was the cause of the flooding. Hint...If New Orleans had been 6 feet above Sea Level...they still would have flooded. Not opinion...fact and supported by non-idealogical science.

I don't mind idealogical rhetoric...but spiteful ignorance is pretty useless.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Speaking of ignorance...does that mean that those other coastal cities like Galveston should be exempt from recieving federal assistance funds? How about the midwest farmers that live along the Mississippi? Or those living in Tornado alley.
reply to post by Indigo5

The answer is YES. Nowhere in the Constitution of the United States, does it say people are ENTITLED to federal assistance. What you fail to understand, is that these government giveaways are bankrupting the country, and soon everyone will be in a disaster zone, economically speaking.
Up until recently, it was private organizations and churches that came to the aid of people in distress, and I believe that is where it belongs. Uncle Sam has to stop being Uncle Sap. What part of bankrupt do you not understand?

<< 1   >>

join