It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly released different 2011 Japan tsunami video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Taken from a vantage point overlooking small boats in a previously safe harbor, the film shows the first wave too easily breaching the harbor wall, then a stronger force, and then an even stronger one. It is still horrific to see the destructive power of such a sustained wave and the force it exudes.

And even though it is a year old, our thoughts will still be with those who perished on that day, as well as those who survived it. The ongoing nightmare of constant aftershocks and fresh earthquakes would test anyone, but add to that the radiation scenario and it simply boggles anyone's mind.

This film affected me differently, because just when I thought the water would recede before the next wave, it just kept coming. How long does something like that last? The brief soundbites we've seen before did not convey the reality of the sustained horror or gave me a sense of how long it lasted. I still don't know how long tsunamis last,so if you do, please enlighten me.

(Warning: The first 30 seconds are jittery and may annoy you but considering what that person was filming, we might all do a lot worse. )

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The video is not new, i saw this a year ago, someone just reposted it.

Anyway, one more to show the force of the sea in the form of a tsunami.
edit on 27-3-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a good reminder to always know that this thing is very possible.
i can't imagine how scared the people/person in the van on that road/bridge was.
i live below the san francisco bay and often wonder about a breach into our area.
thx for sharing.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
The video is not new, i saw this one a year ago, someone just reposted it.

You are right.

Here is the video posted March 19, 2011 within a week of the disaster of March 11, 2011:

www.youtube.com...

Indeed, one brave soul. And possibly a foolish one, to stay that close. He had no way of knowing just how high that water was going to go.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Thanks True American for the verification. I appreciate it. I hunted out some on YT and ATS but didn't find it. Sigh, then it is a fresh upload as stated above. Apologies to everyone.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
To understand this huge amounts of Water you need
to know the massive 5m. uplift of 16.000 Square-Kilometer of the Seabed
and the 5meter move of Honshu to the East!

Many People think that a Tsunami is only one Wave
but it is not, a Tsunami is the conglomerate of countless Wave
and they can change direction through Moves of the Water-Masses!
edit on 27-3-2012 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

True enough, we try to reduce it to the simplest form for our minds to grasp it, but we can't seem to really getit. Would you happen to know of a model that would illustrate it in a time-realistic way?

new topics

top topics

join