It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad tirade on Afghanistan prompts U.S. walkout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Ahmadinejad tirade on Afghanistan prompts U.S. walkout

He's at it again

This time He went off on a wild tirade at a conference in Dushanbe, Tajikistan
at a Regional Economic Cooperation Conference on Afghanistan (RECCA)

After shouting and ranting and raving about how the NATO and U.S.
policy in Afghanistan is the main reason for that nation's problems,
and how the U.S. is "surrounding" Russia, India, and China ...

The U.S. delegation had enough and walked out !!!

I wonder what got his goat this time ?

By Agence France-Presse
Monday, March 26, 2012 7:54 EDT
The Raw Story

A US delegation walked out of a conference in Tajikistan Monday during a speech by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad lambasting US policy on Afghanistan as the source of all the nation’s troubles.

Ahmadinejad launched his new tirade against Washington at the meeting in the Tajik capital Dushanbe attended by leaders of Afghanistan’s neighbours as well as a US delegation led by Assistant Secretary of State Robert Blake.

“The cause of all the ills in Afghanistan is the presence on Afghan soil of NATO forces and above all those of the United States,” the Iranian president told the Regional Economic Cooperation Conference on Afghanistan (RECCA).

As the firebrand Iranian president was giving his speech, Blake pointedly led the US delegation out of the conference hall. Once his address was over, the delegation returned to listen to other speakers....

Ahmadinejad lambasts US policy

NWO References ??

He called on foreign troops to leave Afghanistan “in the shortest time” and said there was “no doubt that the world needs a new order”.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Sounds like he was getting a little too real, so the US delegates, taking the usual "hear no evil, see no evil" approach decided to walk out rather than entertain the possibility that there are consequences to their military's actions.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
for being the strongest country we sure do walk out on meetings like little bi$&:es a lot.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by birthcannon

I think the reason is the mindset.

I honestly doubt any of the americans actually believe they are causing the destruction and mayhem they are simply due to the idea that we are this image of the ultimate hero triumphing over evil. They can't accept they maybe we caused more bad than good at times

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
We need new representatives. Can't they find any with Kahunas? If you don't like what he says then suck it up and man up. Don't run with your tail between your legs. What an embarrassment.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
How dare him speak about america's leadership like that! That should be reason enough for the nobel peace prize winning president to invade at least another 5 or 6 countries!! Wherever the banksters tell Barry to go... um, I mean Obama where to attack evil next!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by birthcannon

Ever notice how a lot of men act? They roar and beat their chest in absolute machismo, but as soon as they're shown to be wrong, they run away and hide. Unfortunately, this seems to be a prevailing attitude of many of those with official positions. They're all for war, and when the blowback hits and all hell breaks loose, they pretend to not know why that's happening.

You poke a sleeping dragon enough times, eventually you get scorched.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This isn't an exception. The delegate walks out on pretty much anyone that is not a direct ally and is talking crap. Ahmadinejad is nuts. Yeah sure the US probably has caused a medley of problems but Afghanistan is STILL better off than it was. If you disagree, realize that means you're agreeing to the rape and murder of women and children just for being what they are, an illegitimate government that pissed on its citizens just because it could is better.

The best step for the US right now is to provide border security for Afghanistan and allow the country to put itself back together by offering towns/cities a consultant. Most of the suicide bombing will go away once a US presence isn't as visible. The reason for this is because many hold issue with the US forces because their relative fell victim to a US bomb or shooting. I'm not saying that the occasional civilian dying is ok but it is to be expected given the fact that it's a war zone. Not to mention the numbers being reported have NEVER been accurate.

So back on to the direct topic. I think that Ahmadinejad had some valid points but his arguments aren't without purpose. Anytime a countries leader gets up to speak and denounce something expect that there is also an ulterior motive.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
When a madman starts ranting, i'll walk out too.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
When a madman starts ranting, i'll walk out too.

What ever happened to going up to the podium and jack slapping the prick? I could not be a delegate because i have a very short temper for some people. Hell if i was president for a week or a few days id have almost all of the UN mad at me for speaking my mind. Hell i would also have all people i feel as bad guys arested and held on terrorism charges(the UN leaders and foreighn leaders who speak at the UN at times.) I wish one of our reps would walk up to the podium offer his hand to him,and when he shakes his hand pull him close fast kicking him in the groin and then putting his fist in his face. Thats international diplomacy.

top topics

join