It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25 march moon/star formation. a sign in the heavens?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Love the sword.....

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
wow those are some HUGE..

stars

Come on bro. Instead of jabbing fun at the OP how about name those planets?
edit on 26-3-2012 by BIGPoJo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
hmm... interesting sky!
I'll have to head outside tonight and see what it's like here (Australia). Provided it isn't cloudy like it is now, of course :/

My wife's a professional photographer, I'm sure she won't mind if I steal her gear

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
It was quite the sight here in Belgium, but as I stared into the night, I was wondering, how often does this occur?

I can't remember seeing this before? Any old prophesies or whatnot relating with this ?

And is this related to the "galactic alignment" ?

Not a believer, just curious

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyanhide

YES! this.

i have seen quite a few really interesting configurations in the night sky, but this particular one struck my as being, as i said in the title, a "sign in the heavens".

when i first saw it, at first i thought it was a fluke. but when my brain processed it, i was scrambling for my camera because i thought for some reason that it would be gone by the time i got the tripod set-up.

if i were to believe in such things, i would definitely say that this formation must have some esoteric meaning.....

....but what? i would really like to know.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I was surprised to see the question. I am no stargazer, but I found the answer to this question in this article I previously read.

www.disclose.tv...

Peace.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Plenty of flags use the crescent moon and a star theme, so it's not an unusual sight, allthough you don't exactly get the chance to see it every day: en.wikipedia.org...

These are celestial bodies that follow the laws of physics and move accordingly. Sometimes they line up in such a way that the human mind wants to give them a special meaning, but there's no need to invoke the supernatural. Giant rocks and balls of gas moving in the void of space have no interest in human affairs.

Google image search "crescent moon venus" for more great pictures. This one's my favourite: Venus and moon
edit on 26-3-2012 by famalhut because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2012 by famalhut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by famalhutbut there's no need to invoke the supernatural.

i disagree.

the collective mind (re: jung's archetypes) is what DEFINES our human experience.

conspicuous celestial configurations may not have any effect in terms of the physics involved.

but an image that can penetrate into the collective mind has the power to transform reality as we experience it.

c'mon, man. you are far too literal. you must lead a very boring life.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

I saw this last night whilst at work and cursed myself for not getting a photo, glad you did, I knew it was Jupiter and Venus along side the Moon, I have never seen them together like this before, just couldnt keep my eyes off them. simply stunning

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Just been outside tonight to have a look, and wow, brighter than last nights show. does this happen often?]
edit on 26-3-2012 by windsorblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by windsorblue

if i had to guess i would say that, considering especially how the phase of the moon is contributing to the "conspicuous" effect, even a very similar configuration to this has got to be.....

.....very, very rare, indeed. (millions of years?)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

If you have an android based smart phone, download the Google Sky app... you'll never have questions like this again. Just point your phone at the sky and it will tell you what you are looking at... and then Google will relay that information to the NSA, but that's a different thread topic.

CX

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
This has been lovely to watch the past few days, last night it was great seeing Pleiades in alignment with them too, at the top of the pile.

CX.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Just been outside as well, and I must say, I've been around the sun 50 times this year and I have never seen that configuration before, its beautiful and scary all at the same time..took some pics, but the camera on my phone sucks..A big fat Star and flag for the thread..

edit on 26/3/2012 by lewtra because: funked up with proper gramma..

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
What’s unfolding Sunday [last night] and Monday nights [tonight] is a reprise of what happened Feb. 25 and 26, when the crescent moon slipped past Jupiter and Venus. The two planets have a conjunction like this about once every 24 years, said Geoff Chester, spokesman for the U.S. Naval Observatory.

This is what’s known as an evening apparition of Venus (it can be a morning star or an evening star), and it has been particularly sublime because the planet is relatively high in the sky. The second rock from the sun is near its greatest “elongation” — as far as it ever gets from the sun as seen from Earth — and so it’s up in the sky for a long time before it sets.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Been many "signs" in the last 10 years of so...many rare and unusual alignments.
Mars Closest To Earth in 50,000 Years
space.about.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Just been for a walk down the shore and managed to snap them while the sun was still up! Great stuff.

Enjoy! (Disclaimer: I am NOT a professional photographer, lol.)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I was standing on my balcony taking in the view earlier and it's sure a pretty sight.
Unfortunately I have a streetlight right below my balcony and lots of light pollution from the town centre down the hill from me. As it's supposed to remain clear I may head out to my usual spot tomorrow night as it's rural and has little or no nearby lighting. Set up with the DSLR and an assortment of lenses and see what I can get. If I do get some good shots I'll post them on here or elsewhere and add a link.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

a sign in the heavens?

Well a sign that the astronomers a couple of weeks ago that told the public to look for this earn their checks, I guess.

It does look cool though.

I like all the photos on the net that people have taken the past several days making it look like they are juggling /holding Jupiter and Venus.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Awesome! Big thanks!

Snapped a few myself, but turned out bad.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Yes this has been going on for a month now almost. Planets, if they are in the right location will usually be the first "stars" visible around sunset. The closer they are to the horizon where sunset is taking place the brighter they will be as they are refkecting sunlight onto earth. Chances are if you see only a few "stars" they are actually planets, otherwise you would be seeing other stars. Cool pic though.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join